Epic Italians!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ouch!

Fair play for actually using the car and not just keeping it as an expensive ornament.

The Hondus is the same, lol - you think it's the low nose that will catch stuff but it's always the diffuser sticking out at the back :innocent:

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
5936D685-8DB0-46F4-B52C-232991BD40D1.jpeg

4E9F3AAE-6D25-4D7F-902F-FAFB93610612.jpeg

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Is that actually the standard ride height!? Good god that needs a drop!

Lovely car though that aside.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
They need to drop in price and height lol

Good news is, they're now going out of warrenty so they will be getting cheaper!

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
They need to drop in price and height lol

Good news is, they're now going out of warrenty so they will be getting cheaper!

Id say they would be a cracking buy in a few years. Interesting and different enough to not be bought by the types that lease and abuse M4 / C63s etc and probably not that badly screwed together.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Id say they would be a cracking buy in a few years. Interesting and different enough to not be bought by the types that lease and abuse M4 / C63s etc and probably not that badly screwed together.
I would have one over an m3, they are fantastic

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@ChrisL @Phil_D what do you think of them long term as you both owned them a good while?

Loved mine had it for just over 6 months

Didn't give me any bother bar a few small warranty items that were done ASAP by donnellys and never any questions asked.

In terms of the that area of the market I genuinely think the alfa beats the rivals on looks and the interior is lovely also. Noise wise its good but maybe not as crisp as your usual v6 and not as muscley as a v8 but when yiu get the exhaust control valve fitted and open it up over 3000 its a wonderful place to be.

I think overall it has the German rivals ... imo

Seems to hold their value well with prices remaining around 35 plus even during this time. I paid 41k for mine by the time I got it home and it had a great spec and low miles plus 2 years warranty with alfa.

Being Italian id recommend getting warranty with one just more so for peace of mind but that ferrari designed engine is a masterpiece

I also put a tuning box in mine for a while prior to selling ... absolutely insane 😍
Any excuse ... i miss it alot on good sunny days :worried:

FB_IMG_1598387355413.jpg

FB_IMG_1598387447487.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
One major thing I did dislike was the front tyre skipping on reverse and low speeds when the tyres were cold. They all do it, apparently the geometry setup is quite aggressive and the bi product is the tyre skipping until warm. Especially on the stock pirellis. I changed mine after 2 weeks to four new Dunlop sportmaxx 2s as it was so aggravating lol

Phil_D

RMS Regular
@ChrisL @Phil_D what do you think of them long term as you both owned them a good while?

Anyone who knows me will tell you how much i adore it. It has been absolutely brilliant so far as have Donnellys. Cant see me changing it for quite some time, it feels really special every time i get into it, as Chris mentioned the only fault is the slow speed full lock skipping from the front due to the geo they run, its a trade off for the way then handle but its worth it. I changed off the Corsa tyres (which are downright dangerous in the cold/wet) onto Michelin PS4s and this cured the skipping and traction issues in wet/cold.

I don't like recommending them too much as they are still a fairly rare sight across here which i like but in saying that there are now two others within 1/2 mile of me.

Real question is would i buy one again ? Without a shadow of doubt.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Anyone who knows me will tell you how much i adore it. It has been absolutely brilliant so far as have Donnellys. Cant see me changing it for quite some time, it feels really special every time i get into it, as Chris mentioned the only fault is the slow speed full lock skipping from the front due to the geo they run, its a trade off for the way then handle but its worth it. I changed off the Corsa tyres (which are downright dangerous in the cold/wet) onto Michelin PS4s and this cured the skipping and traction issues in wet/cold.

I don't like recommending them too much as they are still a fairly rare sight across here which i like but in saying that there are now two others within 1/2 mile of me.

Real question is would i buy one again ? Without a shadow of doubt.

Agreed, same for myself!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That Bugatti, epic classic :cool: Maybe not a looker, lol, but the engineering and performance at the time was brilliant.