RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
5710343547_3268baf403_z.jpg

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
This chat about the roll cages, ive heard various stories about nitrous oxide running through the cage and making them from lighter less strong material, has it ever been actually proven?
Think the rumors come from a car being stripped and rebuild privately. There was fuel connections somewhere on the cage, but there was no fuel lines connected to them, suppose people then surmised since they wernt connected up to anything that it was externally filled nitrous that was in there.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
This chat about the roll cages, ive heard various stories about nitrous oxide running through the cage and making them from lighter less strong material, has it ever been actually proven?
I think those stories are just that, stories. The fuel tanks were under the seats and the floors were alloy panels attached to a tubular spaceframe which didn't help in the Henri Toivonen accident unfortunately. TBH with around 500bhp from a supercharged AND turbocharged engine in a 900Kg car with 4WD, I can see why people may have thought there was some laughing gas action going on...
It was just brutally quick and feckin mental. (y);)

cut-away.jpg

RCT

RMS Regular

The part you mention about a lighter strength material. Most group b cars had an alloy cage. Just try to stick a magnet to them and you'll see it won't stick. That's where your getting that. With the nitros oxide, who knows, they were all into something, so it could be possible. Lots of magnesium parts on those cars meant if they did catch fire, well.... it's extremely had to put out magnesium! Know a fella who nearly burnt a place because when he was machining a mag wheel it caught fire, but luckily he got it out. Still, brilliant cars!!

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
Anyone fancy a Koenig F48 ferrari? looks like a junior F40 and a mere snip at 35k

3197659.jpg

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Sorry for the terrible pictures again, but I spotted this today again and this time I finally got to snap a couple of crappy pics before it drove off.

458 1.jpg
458 2.jpg

karron

RMS Regular
Drives
ford puma
not epic in the supercar sense but i always wanted one of these two.
an innocenti de tomaso turbo
1986-De_Tomaso-Innocenti-697476-1-sm.jpg

or an innocenti mini cooper

images
2010_0228007.jpg

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I love Italian cars, thanks to my 156, and subsequent Alfas and Fiats.
Hard to find a good modified 164 (which is why I've bought one to make nice...)
6723600002_large.jpg

someone used the word epic, so...
Fiat-130-1971-1972-800x600.jpg

And an acquaintance of mine owns this:

probably driven just as hard as Enzo did...

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
164 - Cool, really not many of those around at all now. Come to think of it there were'nt that many around when they were new..
As I'm sure you've noticed, I'm into 155's. Mostly as a result of their touring car success in the mid 90's.