ERC - Circuit Of Ireland Rally 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Folks I'm looking to get down to the services at the Kings Hall. Never called down to a service, is it just a case of park up, and dander in?

56oval

RMS Regular
Just seen 4 ( what look like ) works rally cars heading out of Antrim towards the airport, sounded awesome.

Sam.

RMS Regular
Yeah Bogie stopped just down from where I was. Breen was flying, as was Kajto.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
OP
davecoupe
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Stolen from Twitter. Radiator damage.

image.jpeg

Reactions: dub

zafturbo

RMS Regular
It's no wonder it's carnage .was over a couple of the stages down my way last night and they are seriously wet.hope it dries out a bit for tomorrow.The finish of cairncastle hill climb will be pretty interesting to watch .

Sam.

RMS Regular
Qualifying was good. Botka got his DS3R5 well stuck in a ditch. Jeep tried to tow it out once the stage was stopped, ripped the towing eye out. Ended up with a manitou pulling it out by the roll cage.

Pic stolen from twitter:
CfcLDNkWQAAtxKt.jpg

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
OP
davecoupe
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Got a walk around service this evening. Steve Perez has brought over his Stratos and i literally spent 30mins walking around this thing. its awesome.

Steve Perez Stratos by David Harrigan, on Flickr

watched Oktan Motorsport repair Aleks Humar's 205 for a while too. Some head scratching before taking a sledge to the roof. I suppose thats what is needed when it was on its roof in a field in antrim a few hours ago. About 6 hours from lying upside down to being passed ready to rally, pretty damn impressive.

Aleks Humar by David Harrigan, on Flickr

Aleks Humar by David Harrigan, on Flickr

Some big money outfits in the service park this weekend too.

Simpson Skoda by David Harrigan, on Flickr

Last edited:

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Looking forward to getting over for a gander at the services tonight & tomorrow.

Topmark

RMS Regular
That Stratos is jaw dropping, I think it was over last year too - what a great spectacle.

@Paul RS 19:50 according to Belfast Live.

Does anyone have a map of Newtownards stage? Fancy a run up to it this evening.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.