ERC - Circuit Of Ireland Rally 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
On the RMS Blog:

Take two reinvigorated domestic championships from the UK and Ireland, combine with the best drivers Europe has to offer, spice it up by adding a young driver determined to hang on to the trophy he won last year, and you've got the ingredients for rallying success.If that's not enough, throw in a picturesque back drop made famous by the world's biggest television show and you have a recipe for a very special Circuit of Ireland.
Read the entire article here

IMG_9833.jpg

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog:

Take two reinvigorated domestic championships from the UK and Ireland, combine with the best drivers Europe has to offer, spice it up by adding a young driver determined to hang on to the trophy he won last year, and you've got the ingredients for rallying success.If that's not enough, throw in a picturesque back drop made famous by the world's biggest television show and you have a recipe for a very special Circuit of Ireland.

IMG_9833.jpg

The first rally in a very very long time that has been exciting and enjoyable !

Cess

RMS Staff
Massive entry list, great stage choice and I take my early skepticism back. So much going on across the three days. That report merely scratches the surface. Or it would have been longer.

Many thanks for the likes, folks. Its great to see 100% original content supported.

Last edited:

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Great write up Cess. Enjoyed the TV and media coverage this year. I only made it to the second run of hamiltons folly and couldn't hear a thing with the helicopter and the generator from the burger van, but hey ho I will get further down the stage next time.

The McRae rep sweeper car made my day though. Great memories seeing that car as a kid.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I agree completely. It had a different atmosphere, really good weekend!

@KevM and @Graham As an organiser, its great to hear this feedback. We also had some really good feedback from the FIA and competitors which all goes towards making the effort seem worthwhile. There is a huge amount of time and effort put in by organisers to make this event the best it can be.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Couldn't get out to see it myself unfortunately but there was a proper level of excitements surrounding the event that hasn't been there in a good 10 years.
Excellent job @swansty and the rest of the organising team!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.