Estate cars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I've been bitten by the bug and the fk2 could be departing this week for one of these, a
maxresdefault.jpg
335d x-drive touring for the family duties.... Hope I'm not making a mistake but this should tick all the boxes for us.
dsc_0231.0x1000.jpg

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Yeah they definitely should have made more of an effort with the rear , just to add those photos are not the actual car. Had to search for the balance of performance with practicality and I arrived at this... Seems logical.

Rallyfreaks

RMS Regular
Drives
Golfs
Im an estate man all day, can't be beaten imo

Saloon is next best

Hot hatch/coupes/convertables absolute no no for any man over the age of 20,

Ive a coupe myself to sell, and its so cringy driving it
Haha - I was the same from mid 20s, estates - BMW tourings, A6/A4 avant- (many of each) but now kids are up and I’m heading to wrong end of my 40s, I’m back to hot hatches... must be some sort of crisis!

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Haha - I was the same from mid 20s, estates - BMW tourings, A6/A4 avant- (many of each) but now kids are up and I’m heading to wrong end of my 40s, I’m back to hot hatches... must be some sort of crisis!
You sir, need a convertible...

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I'm also going through a phase (I hope) of wanting a van. Seen a double cab transit well kitted out when we were looking at pick ups at Malusk and started to think, that could be handy and I could put it through the books too. Still, too strong on the money front but started looking at 2nd hand ones

The only convertible I'd buy myself would be a Zonda f roadster. Just need numbers to come in on Friday or Saturday night

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Been looking myself for something recently and I keep coming back to the new shape Insignia. Value for money they're hard to beat, and they look good inside and out too.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia

I had a work van just like it. I even did the same as you and painted the lower trim on the front numper black! Great minds think alike eh. Few little differences, i had black 17 inch steels, 2 sliding doors, side opening windows and windows on the split tailgate.

Only downside of the thing was that there was obviously no bulkhead (just a half height one behind front seats) so it wasn't the quietest thing at motorway+vat speeds.

I did 126,000 miles in a little over 2 years in it, and apart from 1 rear window wiper becoming possessed and needing changed it didn't skip a beat.

We got it remapped at about 90,000 miles to 190ish bhp, twas pretty damn quick

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Been looking myself for something recently and I keep coming back to the new shape Insignia. Value for money they're hard to beat, and they look good inside and out too.

I test drove one, all I was in for was a roof rack ffs.

If you can get the usual Vauxhall discounts I think they would represent good value for money.

Interior quality seemed very good, maybe 80% Audi/BMW/Merc. They do the usual and cheap out on less travelled areas like the plastics on the sides of the centre console but overall it was grand.

They are a big car for the money, very slightly longer than both a A6 Avant, 5 Series Touring and E class shooting brake.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I've been bitten by the bug and the fk2 could be departing this week for one of these, aView attachment 224750 335d x-drive touring for the family duties.... Hope I'm not making a mistake but this should tick all the boxes for us.View attachment 224749
Without question the fastest way to get from A to B in complete comfort and totally under the radar.
I have limbs and other major organs for sale to fund an F31 335D X-Drive

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Without question the fastest way to get from A to B in complete comfort and totally under the radar.
I have limbs and other major organs for sale to fund an F31 335D X-Drive

I may aswell be giving organs to fund this, be no holidays for a while unless it involves a road trip to Portrush. They definitely need the m performance kit, eibachs and a good set of wheels to stand out /ish....and obviously a remap .. who doesn't need a 380hp hearse?.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I may aswell be giving organs to fund this, be no holidays for a while unless it involves a road trip to Portrush. They definitely need the m performance kit, eibachs and a good set of wheels to stand out /ish....and obviously a remap .. who doesn't need a 380hp hearse?.
@RickyB sold my best mates one recently, awesome spec and sitting on AC coilovers, 20's and a proper remap, it was genuinely a weapon of car and more than capable of hustling faster than most things on the road. I completely fell in love with the heated steering wheel and adaptive headlights during some late night runs up through England. Fantastic car that I wish I had of had the ability to buy at the time, Will still regrets selling it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.