Estoril Blue M caliper paint

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Does anyone know where I can get BMW M blue colour caliper paint?
It’s either Estoril or Monte Carlo blue I think...

This is my caliper

EDAD2E6C-EB27-43EF-8D1D-41533D8B7A25.jpeg

I can only see this but it’s US and expensive ...

482DFBD2-D43C-488A-A74A-9AAAD3DEA368.png

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3

Bought stuff of them for my calipers, all be it the brush paint stuff.

Right colour, mentions It needs applied with a paint gun..?

I’m just looking a tin for a brush....don’t want to worry about overspray using spray-tins etc
I’ve had both rear callipers replaced (the common sticky caliper) is now have silver on the rear and blue on the front!
Need the fronts touched up too

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
We can mix it up no probs, but it’s a base coat colour so you would make a complete hash if applying with a brush, and it’ll need lacquered.

Your only option for a nice finish is an aerosol, then finish with a couple of coats of lacquer.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Try Halfords

The hammerite blue is too light, and don’t see any Halfords ones similar colour....
We can mix it up no probs, but it’s a base coat colour so you would make a complete hash if applying with a brush, and it’ll need lacquered.

Your only option for a nice finish is an aerosol, then finish with a couple of coats of lacquer.
Id just be worries about overspray- would be doing it outdoors?

Think my only option then is that expensive G2

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
The hammerite blue is too light, and don’t see any Halfords ones similar colour....

Id just be worries about overspray- would be doing it outdoors?

Think my only option then is that expensive G2

I spray my calipers often and outdoors. Just pick a day where the wind will be low. And use plastic bin bags and masking tape. Don’t need to mask the whole car off either, I buy my supplies from @Woodcutter.
Clean
Prime
Paint
Lacquer ( Calipers only)
BF52A3F8-8FD1-42E5-A937-8803547837E0.jpeg

A6321CCE-3BA4-41D5-A75B-4D58A0313B6F.jpeg

Martyn

RMS Regular
I spray my calipers often and outdoors. Just pick a day where the wind will be low. And use plastic bin bags and masking tape. Don’t need to mask the whole car off either, I buy my supplies from @Woodcutter.
Clean
Prime
Paint
Lacquer ( Calipers only)View attachment 293182
View attachment 293183

Do you just spay the whole disc silver? I always assumed that would be bad for the pads?

I am genuinely curious.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Do you just spay the whole disc silver? I always assumed that would be bad for the pads?

I am genuinely curious.

The hub and top of the discs get sprayed. The rest is overspray and easily removed with a mile or so of driving. Never had an issue of doing this for 20 years. Once the pad has swept the disc leaves a nice finished edge.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I tend to use a bit of masking tape to cover 95% of the disk face and tin foil to cover other bits as it's easier shaped in addition to the plastic bag.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
are you wanting to do the chips just or sand off the bubbling bit too?

I’m just looking to touch in the chips on the fronts, big I have silver callipers on the rear nkw after getting 2 new callipers so need to do them