EV Servicing

davyk31

RMS Regular
We have a Kona Electric At my work and its coming due for its first 10000 service. Phoned Mulholland and Cannon Motors for a price, including Vat the quotes were £43 for Mulholland and £47 for Cannon. Sweet servicing costs 😀

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Problem with that and even basic oil service....

Everything else on the car gets totally ignored.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
With even an oil service they do health checks as it’s in their interest to look over any car they have in to try to sell a few more bits and pieces it may or may not need.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
10k is very low miles for an EV service. What are they doing? Ours is 20k or 2 years and presumably that’s just to change the brake fluid and get you in for the upsell on other stuff like tyres.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
It’s the Hyundai stipulation every 10k miles. Think it’s because of the long warranty they offer. At £40 they really can’t be doing anything except a visual health check over.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
The Kia I have is 10k as was the Mercedes B250e. Kia was around the same price as Hyundai but the second Merc service was £400 😮 Fortunately I just missed it prior to handing the car back at the end of the lease.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
It’s the Hyundai stipulation every 10k miles. Think it’s because of the long warranty they offer. At £40 they really can’t be doing anything except a visual health check over.

Nothing should really need doing at 10k miles. Not even a modern run of the mill ICEV needs looking at at 10k miles, which is arguably more complicated. So while it may be cheap for a service, it’s a bit of an inconvenience and perhaps unnecessary.

What’s the 20k mile service cost look like? That’s probably when pollen filter and brake fluid will get done.

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
Mine is due a service as well - BMW quoted me £380 for a health check (free) oil service and pollen filter replacement. :joy:

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Mine does it automatically sitting in the driveway.

1634046752654.gif

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Bumping this up again, looking at potentially a mk4 Leon in either the PHEV or MHEV versions but slightly concerned at the potential lack of options for getting them serviced or repaired.

Is anyone aware of any independents that are taking on work to hybrid cars?