Evo VIII 260

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_0996.JPG
IMG_0998.JPG
IMG_0999.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_0994.JPG
IMG_0995.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG
So I was in the market for another classic shape impreza and had started the process of importing one, I was a bit wary though as you never really know what your getting and you can't see it in the metal until it lands in Dublin plus prices have gone mental for imports so the budget was getting higher for something that ticked all the boxes.

This came up in England and threw a spanner in the works, as Evo's seem to be going one way now I thought it would be a wise place to put the money and there's nothing that covers ground down a B road like an Evo.

It's a late 2004 with 2 previous mature owners. As far as evos go it's about as honest and original as you could get, even has the standard kenwood stereo so a great base car to improve on. Being the 260 it has the stronger 5 speed gearbox and will still tune to the same power levels as any of the other Evo's. With a few bolt on mods and a remap 380-400bhp is no problem. Ok they come a little less spec and are more "discreet" than an import but on the plus side they tend to get an easier life, also insurance was a gift compared to an import.

The last owner of 10 years was a retired farmer, he literally did about 3000 miles a year in it as the MOT's show. It's been living in one of his barns most of its life so it's picked up a few scuffs and storage marks in its time but nothing a good painter won't sort. Good to hear from Jonny A.I that it's mechanically sound after a check over by him and a new timing belt. The best part is that its rot free underneath so it will be getting a fresh coat of under seal by once I get the paint work sorted. It needs a bloody good clean everywhere and a serious session with a buff too as some of the plastics etc have went a little pink. Anyway a few pics.

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Very nice dude ... won't take much t have that sitting perfect ... red is faster in them also ;)

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Lol it's hear ya man, there's a few hectic looking things on them, the rear lights aswell and I'm gonna have to fit a proper spoiler to it but I'll keep the original in the shed.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It won't be getting fan boy,d with loads of carbon and decked on coilovers, not my thing at all. The only styling changes will be a set of 30mm springs, a GSR/FQ spoiler, and probably some Evo 7 rear lights. If I was to go with the MR rear lights with the black insert then I'll need to do the head lights to match and then a black spoiler but then I don't want to try and make it look like something it isn't. Any changes will all be down the line though, want to get the the paint work sorted first, the bumper has a few scuffs at the bottom and the passenger door has a fist sized patch of lacquer peel(see pic). Then a good detail and underseal.

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Thats really nice in red @Burt2000.

Id keep it as standard looking as possible but with 400bhp under the bonnet!
You always pop up with a rare/special car!!
:cool:

I had thought about that, 400bhp with the wee low spoiler. It would be a bit of a sleeper to those who don't know cars.

Sure Ya know me well lad I'm never off the classifieds and forums, it's an illness lol.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
Awesome car, nice to see a standard one too. Only Evo's I ever seem to see are slammed on some sort of massive Rota wheels. Clio away?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Awesome car, nice to see a standard one too. Only Evo's I ever seem to see are slammed on some sort of massive Rota wheels. Clio away?

I can't stand that look on Evo's. They weren't made to cruise around the town at 10mph unable to go over a speed ramp!
Yeah the wee Clio went to a fella in Scotland

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
This weekends job is get the wheels off and degrease/de tar/iron cleanse everything in there and re-paint and lacquer the pink brembos

Lee

RMS Regular
Love that, looks in good shape and a nice blank canvas for some tuning!

I think the small spoiler only looks odd sometimes because we're used to seeing them with big spoilers. If you forget you ever seen one with a big spoiler, that looks good as it is.

Lee

RMS Regular
Yeah the more I look at it, would be cool to keep it standard cosmetically and make it fast!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Nice to see one in standard form. They really suit the red. I agree with the sleeper route too!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Your 100% right Leebo, it's the same with classic scoobs which I prefer with the mid or lower spoiler, I'm late 30's now so it kind suits me better with the standard looks, the rear lights annoy me more than the spoiler if I'm honest

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Slight lowerage, wheel spacers for that fat look and 400bhp under the bonnet is weirdly appealing

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Best wheels for them those Enkeis...30/35mm drop with the higher spoiler and even a carbon front lip would have that sitting lovely.

Rear lights to 7s will be really nice and tie in with the red also.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.