Ex government cars finding its history

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
Hi folks sorry if this is in the wrong place but I've bought a new car today what was a ex government car when new and was wondering is there anyway to track down what the car was used for guy said he was told it was to transport judges when he picked it up from the police yard years ago

Cheers jay

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Hi folks sorry if this is in the wrong place but I've bought a new car today what was a ex government car when new and was wondering is there anyway to track down what the car was used for guy said he was told it was to transport judges when he picked it up from the police yard years ago

Cheers jay
Unless it's armoured, then it's unlikely to have been used for that. Unless of course it's from across the water.

What kind of car is it?

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
OP
Turbokid89
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
Unless it's armoured, then it's unlikely to have been used for that. Unless of course it's from across the water.

What kind of car is it?

Yes was a car from across the water then sold here by the police

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I had an undercover one, fella I worked with used to buy them regularly. City auctions had the contract for a while think it went to Wilsons now. They've seen them with lights still in and know ones that had plating left in. Only think mine had was the reference tags for the keys and receipts for breakfasts 😂

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Some of them will have a little sticker on the passenger sun visor. You can use the serial number and ask for the fleet service details. A friend used to have an ex-psni R32 and got the details this way. Granted it was a guy in traffic branch that helped him get the info.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Yes was a car from across the water then sold here by the police
Unusual for the police to use a car from a different force unless its highly specific. They have to be able to trace its history from day one due to liability issues and of course security implications. As said, if its been on the police fleet it'll have a fleet number, usually up on the visor. FOI them for its history, it'll be redacted with some stuff but all maintenance will be in it.

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
OP
Turbokid89
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
Cheers folks will check for the sticker next Tuesday when I pick it up with the trailer

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
What is it out of curiosity?
78EA1B15-2162-4DB2-B791-4803A4EB7D58.jpeg