Exhaust Bungs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Has anyone got experience with exhaust bungs? Do they actually work? My car is stupidly loud, and as I leave for work at 7:30am every morning I'd say the neighbours aren't big fans of me.

I've noticed on ebay they go for between £15 to £100 - why £100 for what is essentially a cone shaped piece of metal?

Also, does anywhere local sell them? I tried Canavans and they don't stock them. I need 2 also :worried:

Hel

RMS Regular
As above. Ive a sound meter for sound testing at races if your near belfast so you can check the difference.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
yes i had a Nur Spec R on the impreza bung in and out was night and day noise wise

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Makes an Impreza sound like an SR Nova with the bung in though lol
it does, but it was my daily for a fortnight while my regular daily was gettin work done, so needs must for a 60mile round trip, after that it was bung out and full coal (y)

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
it does, but it was my daily for a fortnight while my regular daily was gettin work done, so needs must for a 60mile round trip, after that it was bung out and full coal (y)

Yeah it sound awful. We changed the Nur Spec on Dads car and it sickened him, its so quiet now. Had to be done though for noise regs at events.

brendy

RMS Regular
The cobrasports one on my wrx is rather loud, 3" turbo back, no cats, no silencers nor resonators. If I am out of the house early doors, I just go easy down the street in 2nd gear on the bite.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
They sound terrible, and restrict performance, but they do they job, you've heard my '86, and the bung easily cuts the noise by half (y)
It couldn't be THAT loud? is it? :cool: i never mind it, unless it's for long drives/mot time, you're just past it old man :p

I think a better idea for you (instead of 2 bungs) would be the Apexi ECV, it would go in at the cat/downpipe, controlled near dash (y)

p.s: Get some pics up of the new motor...

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
The cobrasports one on my wrx is rather loud, 3" turbo back, no cats, no silencers nor resonators. If I am out of the house early doors, I just go easy down the street in 2nd gear on the pipe.

fixed (y)

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Your neighbours should be up at 7.30 anyway...lazy sods :p

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
As above, they work.
Have got one that came with my blitz exhaust and i use it at MOT time only. It does work but i hate using it, the car feels noticeably less responsive and i miss the noise. Your neighbours should be up at that time anyway keep her lit lol

scubbay

RMS Regular
Drives
10 second Imprez
I have an Apexi butterfly system which works very well and you adjust it in car. I am going to take it off the car as I dont need it with my new system. Best of both worlds. 3" system suitable

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.