F1 2012

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Surprised about the TR change as well, wonder what brought it on? Just money?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Toro Rosso exists to develop Red Bull young driver talent, if they're not good enough to replace Webber (or whoever) in the Red Bull racing team then they are shifted on and new drivers are tried.

both Ricciardo and Vergne are in the Red Bull young driver scheme, Red Bull must have decided both Alguersuari and Buemi were not good enough to step up.

harsh but fair from Red Bull

C4L

RMS Regular
I personally think Alguersuari and Buemi have been given a fair run at it for 2 years and think the way Vergne and Riccardo have come up from F3 etc its about time they got a shot

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Toro Rosso exists to develop Red Bull young driver talent, if they're not good enough to replace Webber (or whoever) in the Red Bull racing team then they are shifted on and new drivers are tried.

both Ricciardo and Vergne are in the Red Bull young driver scheme, Red Bull must have decided both Alguersuari and Buemi were not good enough to step up.

harsh but fair from Red Bull
Watch these two new drivers go next season ,both very well thought of in the F1 paddock .

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
as ever in F1 it all depends on the car, if the new Toro Rosso is a junk of heap then they will find it tough going.

good luck to them.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Nico Hulkenburg confirmed as Force India driver alongside DiResta for 2012 .
Another strong line up aswell as the new Torro Rosso lads .

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
"The Hulk" had to be on the grid this year, too good not to be, his pole lap in his debut season was epic.

C4L

RMS Regular
glad the hulk is in instead of sutil, he's the last person to really shine all the way through junior formula, similar to hamilton! hate sutil, he has an arrogant nature in my opinion and don't rate him like some do...my 2 cents.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Glad to see Hulkenberg driving again too. Williams really have their pick of old dudes now, but if that is what they are after then why not stick with Rubens? I think they want a paying driver to help the cash flow, maybe Petrov or Senna or similar?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
all depends what sort of car the new FW34 is;
-If it's a good car a quick, young driver could be handy enough in it, get the most out of it.
-If it's a dog of a car, maybe they would be best with Rubens in the seat, his experience would certainly help the development of the car.

tough call for Williams.

Sutil has shown he can drive.
Senna? there's still a doubt but he's not the worst option
Petrov? wouldn't have him in my team
Alguersuari? showed good form in races last year, qualifying was a bit hit and miss. Same goes for Buemi
Heidfeld? think his F1 chance has gone
D'Ambrosio? hard to judge against last years car
Bottas? long shot

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
fair chance Alguersuari could end up in the 2nd HRT seat. he is Spanish after all haha!

yea Maldonado is my least favourite driver on the grid. what did he do last year? apart from drive into Hamilton at Spa.

C4L

RMS Regular
exactly, he did nothing and had years in gp2 and managed to win it in the least competitive year. Only reason he stayed in gp2 so long and f1 atall is moneybags! Hope Alguersuari gets 3rd driver role somewhere, I dont see why all these guys are desperate to go there to 'start' their career etc. Going to Virgin or HRT is effectively admitting defeat and ending your career! Hope Caterham can up their game this year too, I think they deserve a little credit they are the only newcomers making any headway!

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I dont see why all these guys are desperate to go there to 'start' their career

If a driver shows potential he'll be cherry picked from the back running team by a front runner.
Example: Alonso drove for Minardi and impressed Flavio Briatore who signed him for Benneton, which became Renault.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Anyone seen the Sky F1 team yet?

SkyF1Team1.jpg

In an eagerly-awaited announcement, the station has confirmed that the hugely popular David Croft will join forces with Martin Brundle in the commentary box for each of the 2012's races, with Brundle on air during every day of each grand prix, dividing his time between paddock, pitlane and commentary box. The flexibility means that former F1 driver Anthony Davidson will be reunited with Croft for commentary duties for each of the weekend's practice sessions.

"In Martin Brundle we have the outstanding F1 broadcaster - on the track and in broadcasting, he's proved it time and again," commented Sky Sports Executive Producer Martin Turner.

"Working alongside him, David Croft is a passionate, experienced commentator and Anthony Davidson can bring great technical knowledge to live practice sessions."

In support, both Natalie Pinkham and Ted Kravitz will scour the pitlane in search of the inside scoop on what's occurring, with Kravitz also co-presenting the magazine show that Sky Sports have also announced will be part of their package.

Ted's co-presenter on the magazine show will be Georgie Thompson, a familiar face to viewers of Sky Sports News, while another familiar face to Sky Sports viewers, Simon Lazenby, will host each grand prix weekend.

And last, but by no means least, broadcasting veteran Steve Rider will stage a series of big interviews with racing legends of the past and present for Sky Sports.

"Ted Kravitz has huge knowledge of the pitlane and paddock and he and Natalie Pinkham will get the information and access our viewers need," added Turner.

"And guiding us through the coverage we have the experience of Simon Lazenby and Georgie Thompson. Each has hosted major sports events, from the British Lions to the Ryder Cup - they have trust and respect."

C4L

RMS Regular
If a driver shows potential he'll be cherry picked from the back running team by a front runner.
Example: Alonso drove for Minardi and impressed Flavio Briatore who signed him for Benneton, which became Renault.
rubbish, this was true 10 years ago for Alonso, this never happens anymore bar rare exceptions, he was groomed by Briatore before minardi aswell then when he impressed was brought on up like Hamilton, impressive in gp2 then promoted to Mcclaren; it was always on the cards! Now drivers are bringing their own multi millon sponsors in and buying a seat for a year or half a year at HRT etc, end their career or do it serious harm. The only way it seems now to do it is Redbull junior driver programme just like 3 or 4 years ago it was to be in the ART team and blow away everyone in the f3 or gp2 field like Hamilton/Rosberg/Hulkenburg etc

C4L

RMS Regular
Yes. The rare exceptions being the exceptional drivers with a wealth of talent rather than sponsorship, like Alonso.

Groomed? Briatore was his manager, not a peadophile.
Yes and as I previously stated about Alonso, it was 10 years ago. Vettel is the only really handy young guy in the last couple of years and he's been through the redbull programme.
Groomed? pretty common expression for bringing on drivers, Brundle during f1 coverage says it very frequently. As for Briatore and NOT a paedophile?? Could be disputed, some of the chicks he has been seen with and at his age, MY GOD :eek:

C4L

RMS Regular
confused?surely you can't wish to argue that one too?lol!! Briatore, renouned 'playboy' spotted all over the world for years with girls in their teens/of a questionable age/barely out of their teens?? As for the pic, shes a 31 year old underwear model he's married, he's 61, If I recall hes also bagged Heidi Klum and has always been spotted with girls 30/40+ years his junior. No problem discussing or being proven wrong with F1 stuff, can't get enough of it! But before you post absolute Brown you'd think you'd have an idea or a little background knowledge...

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Jesus calm down son. Didn't realise that smilie meant confused - took it to be a screwed up face (hence the shape of Briatore in the photo).

There's obviously no denying he is / was a dirty aul get.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, that poor girl looks so happy, squeezed up against an old walrus :p

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Sky team look very good. Martin Brundle has fairly shed the pounds, he's currently training for Le Man 24hr with his son Alex.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.