F1 2012

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Seems like Valencia is in trouble too, trying to re-negotiate contracts:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/16442297.stm

Would not cry too hard myself to be honest, one of those impossible-to-overtake tracks.

And Buemi going to RB as test driver next year.

Pastor Maldonado is a definite at Williams, thanks to a big wad of sponsor money, but the other seat is still up for grabs.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Barichello tweeted before Christmas that he was waiting on good news from Williams, here's hoping!

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Seems like Valencia is in trouble too, trying to re-negotiate contracts:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/16442297.stm

Would not cry too hard myself to be honest, one of those impossible-to-overtake tracks.

And Buemi going to RB as test driver next year.

Pastor Maldonado is a definite at Williams, thanks to a big wad of sponsor money, but the other seat is still up for grabs.

Valencia is a procession of a race ,even with DRS etc , will not be missed !

C4L

RMS Regular
Agreed, get Valencia out to FOUGH and bring back some real tracks!

For me I hope Senna or someone gets the Williams seat, Barrichello has been there long enough with his experience trying to 'lead' the team back to former glory. The team needed a big reshuffle, fair play for it seems doing that, they aren't going to set the world on fire this year I'd use it as time to test a younger guy who potentially could be up there for them in a couple of years....that and a young guys money would not go a miss rebuilding the team

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
That pit fire in Hockenheim 1994 must have had a delayed psychological effect on him!

C4L

RMS Regular
saw that! fantastic! Kimi was my fav for years, really glad he's back! Just hope it isn't a Schumi style come back :worried:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well, the other driver will be the first test... Hopefully not like Schuey, getting consistently beaten by his team mate...

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Hmm. Romain Grosjean is hardly on the same level as Nico Rosberg plus Raikkonen (who is in his prime) is only about 7 years older than Grosjean.

Schumacher is almost 20 years older than Rosberg.

I'd rank Rosberg up there with the likes of Hamilton but he's never had the machinery to prove himself.

Schumacher however is steadily improving and adapting to what is essentially a different formula to the one he left in 2006. No mean feat for a man who is now 43.

Pity Mercedes haven't provided a competitive car for Michael or Nico yet. Here's hoping for 2012.

C4L

RMS Regular
Hopefully Renault or whatever its called give him a decent car, can't really see it being a world beater :worried: I'd say he'll beat Grosjean, hate that dork lol don't think he's great either

I agree, Schumi is improving, Raikkonen shouldn't have such an ordeal adapting to the car compared to the cars Schumi was used to and the cars now. Hope the Merc is a bit more of a rod this year!

Imo Rosberg = A great investment as best no.2 driver on the grid, I don't see any level of drive or aggression there that is ever going to beat alonso/hamilton/vettel

Shaun

RMS Regular
Gutted for Kubica, Broke his leg again in a accident at his house so likely wont be seeing him this season either (n)

C4L

RMS Regular
bet the other team mentioned in the article with it is friggin redbull :mad:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ferrari queried it's legality to the FIA surprise surprise.

Ferrari are just jealous because they have brought very little in the form of anything inventive to the F1 table in recent years.
F-duct: McLaren
Double diffuser: Brawn/Toyota/Red Bull
Flexi-wings: Red Bull

fair play to Lotus for trying something at least

C4L

RMS Regular
sure lotus/renault had front facing exhausts last year and a few years ago with alonso had that double keel suspension and few other wee things... they haven't been too bad trying nifty things lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
This thing has been floating around since 2010 apparently. It was deemed legal early last year, but nobody picked it up until now. Fair play to Lotus/Renault for giving it a go, they certainly are not shy of trying things out.

And yes, shame about Kubiza. But he was always extremely unlikely to race this year anyway.

C4L

RMS Regular
Yeah I don't really think he was ever really on the cards for this year. What do ya's reckon about ferrari? do you think kubica is contracted there for 2013 already and has been for some time or not yet/atall?

Shaun

RMS Regular
Dont think he would be yet until he can prove he is fit to drive. Apparently he will have very little feeling in his hand so might not be able to race at all.
Really hope he makes it back as he was showing brilliant potential

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cannot see there being a contract yet, would not really make much sense. But there is bound to be some sort of "intent" with both Ferrari and Lotus/Renault for 2013. Remember, Renault put a lot into supporting him in his recovery.

Not really sure Ferrari want another "experienced" driver. They keep saying they are looking for someone young to bring in. I guess it would be very tough for anyone else to stay alongside Alonso, just remember the McL saga. He has not really changed his feathers too much...

Kubica would probably do better alongside Kimi at Lotus/Renault.

But as said, who knows if he could come back at all.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Kubica has broken his leg again after a fall, we won't be seeing him back for another while :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.