F1 2012

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, saw that. We will see how it goes. I can see the logic though, two younger drivers with sponsor money to re-build the team from scratch, rather than paying Rubens.

C4L

RMS Regular
personally I think his performance in the few races he did last year was considerably better than some of the knobs that have bought seats in the last few years, I'm glad he's in and the moan is out. Barrichello seemed a crackin' chap but never gonna bring back the Williams glory days...the moaning that man did too...Jesus...

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
Senna and Maldanado are not the people to help rebuild that team. I like him but i think his name has carried him far enough. Maybe too early to say but for me he doesn't look like a future champion but does seem intelligent and worthy of a seat in a best of the rest team. Having his uncle as a mentor could have been a big help to him. The banning of the blown diffuser should help williams and the other smaller teams alot.

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
Don't think he will be in the commentary box, I think he will be doing a pundit roll like ej and dc on the bbc. Good for sky but I remember he stood in for brundle for hungary a few years ago and he was terrible, seemed to know nothing about the sport or the cars lol, he's maybe been away too long, he will need to do his homework before oz I think.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Damon Hill is a bit of a bellend.

Dominic Littlewood is also a bellend - so this makes for a good video.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
not sure if Dill is commentating as such but he will be on hand as an expert pundit for 10 races.

take out of that what you will.

Sky are making a right go of this.

C4L

RMS Regular
Hill's a bellend! lol I love owl Brundle's commentary, that and DC, I LOVE having ex drivers talking, having raced I find it incredibly frustrating listening to somebody say completely the wrong thing when your sitting witnessing it and can see its just plain wrong, it'd be like having me commentating on football, haven't a ****ing notion lol plus with Brundle hes so many contacts like DC in the paddock having been so deeply involved, love hearing them chatting about what one of the engineers said etc. Certainly interests me anyway! Fair play to sky I suppose! Can't see Hill having as many friends in the paddock for inside info etc.

Agree with you Chunky, don't think Maldonado has what it takes, hes had a season and was (n) for me though Senna isn't judged yet and he's a damn sight better already than alot of other pay drivers have been in the last couple of years so I'm glad he's got a shot regardless of name

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
You,d be right peev,d off at Lotus, having developed this system
to near perfection and ahead of every other team and with the
F.I.A,s blessin ! Surely banning at this stage will compromise
the Lotus car,s signifigantly . . You need innovation in F1
or it will just become another 1 make series ,bad call imo.

C4L

RMS Regular
this is only my opinion but its completely unfair, the last few years have seen the like of brawn and redbull etc. develop things that are pretty on the edge of the rules as it is, but for a smaller team which has gone under an ownership change to innovate and develop something which was cleared, especially considering it was asked about last year by them only for the fia to go back and say no its not legal its completely unfair and taking the piss a bit, how on earth are they ment to now be competitive never mind the fact ferrari etc plowed resources into implementing this into their design? total wrong and unfair decision in my opinion. Btw keep in mind i took this off planetf1 and its worded a little funny, its the mens gossip mag of f1 lol!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
On the Beeb as well:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/16664827.stm

As said, it has been openly developed over the course of a year, with full FIA blessing. Not like the blatantly illegal flexible wings and floorpans and whatnot, and blown diffusers and all the other aero crap we have seen from the big teams, and they have been allowed to get away with. Totally ballix politics. But that is F1 for you, always has been.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Sweet mother of god

67595910.jpg

Cannot Unsee!

C4L

RMS Regular
Isn't it horrible, read an article that Ferraris features a high section in the nose too which is not 'aesthetically pleasing' LOL! **** it must be a complete stinker!!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
If it gets Caterham into the midfield fight nobody will give a toss as to what it looks like.

same goes for any F1 car

C4L

RMS Regular
absolutely! doesn't take away from the fact its going to offend my eyes all season long! Redbull had this type of yoke last year, less pronounced though. I wonder if its used to stream air around the drivers helmet/air intake etc and onto the rear wing? I've a big aerodynamics module next semester in uni, cannot wait!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
doubt the Caterham will be the only car with a snout like this though, best way to get round the new regs that state the bulkhead has to be a certain height etc.

new McLaren MP4-27 out on the 1st of February. should be interesting

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
They have all have "high fronts" like that for a couple of seasons now, certainly RB and Ferrari. Not pretty, but if that is what the rules make you do then so be it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks great (y) Rear wheels look tiny at some angles though.

Nothing really innovative though, so I guess we have to hope they have just got all the basics spot on instead.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.