F1 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I take it that's a Renault engine with Alfa badge on it? Or are they using Ferrari customer engines?

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Boring from they got rid of the v8 engines. An absolute farce of a sport now, I prefer watching dvds from the 60s and 70s. I may know the results but watching Jim Clarke or Gilles villeneuve attacking flat out is far more entertaining. I watched about 5mins of today's bore fest that was enough.
Boring after the start

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The only interest in today’s race was who would win out between Renault, Toro Rosso & Haas.

Top 6 places were just about set after qualifying except the usual Red Bill retirement.

Yawn-fest

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well that was thoroughly uninteresting, lol.

One of the very worst tracks on the circuit, right up there with Monaco and Singapore but with none of the slightly redeeming atmosphere of those. Top eight finishing the way they started, bar a broken red bull :joy:

Lewis had more pace in the race, but Bottas did what he had to do and ran a perfect race. He got pole, he got the start, and he never put a foot wrong, knowing it's nigh on impossible to overtake on that track in similar cars.

Ah well. Next year, lol :innocent:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Boring from they got rid of the v8 engines. An absolute farce of a sport now, I prefer watching dvds from the 60s and 70s. I may know the results but watching Jim Clarke or Gilles villeneuve attacking flat out is far more entertaining. I watched about 5mins of today's bore fest that was enough.
What is it you like most about that era of racing, Jim? Is it the Cars? Noise? Drivers? Racing itself? Or a whole mixture?

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
Well that was thoroughly uninteresting, lol.

One of the very worst tracks on the circuit, right up there with Monaco and Singapore but with none of the slightly redeeming atmosphere of those. Top eight finishing the way they started, bar a broken red bull :joy:

Lewis had more pace in the race, but Bottas did what he had to do and ran a perfect race. He got pole, he got the start, and he never put a foot wrong, knowing it's nigh on impossible to overtake on that track in similar cars.

Ah well. Next year, lol :innocent:
Absolutely spot on! Quite a few of the drivers and ex-drivers were all saying the same thing, that the track needs to change.

Yas Marina circuit is one of those races where all you have to do is get pole and get a good start, the win is more or less guaranteed unless you get a mechanical failure or a Renault type pit stop!

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
What is it you like most about that era of racing, Jim? Is it the Cars? Noise? Drivers? Racing itself? Or a whole mixture?

Cars were certainly much, much prettier and sounded better. I wouldn't say drivers were better or worse as it's silly to compare different eras drivers, but the racing was a bit less sterile.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.