F1 2018 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Back in the good old days even the out of car pushing about was better...

stevyg

RMS Regular
Brilliant race especially for a dry track, was hard to keep up with all the position changes. Congrats to Mercedes for wrapping up the WCC again. Apparently they were having an imminent PU failure message on Hamiltons car and they had to turn his PU down, early in the race computers were saying he only had 1 lap left before she blew. Lucky to make it to the end never mind win, he’ll take that. Really looking forward to seeing LeClerc in a Ferrari next year, Haas boys done a nice job too. I thought Max Ocon was a racing incident both of them going for the same spot on the corner, Max was slightly ahead but that doesn’t mean the other car can vanish into thin air, instead of holding his line he cut across Ocon who was on the racing line. Ocon was the faster car and was trying to unlap himself, the only reason he got a penalty wasn’t because he spun someone, it was because he spun the leader. If it was with another backmarker, it would have been a 50/50 racing incident I’m sure of it. I’m a fan of Max but I’ve noticed he’s pulling off a lot of overtakes because drivers are giving him extra room and I’m not surprised he ruined his own race like that. It’s a damn shame because he drove a great race. As for wanting to punch Ocon LMAO! if all the drivers who lost out because Max banged into them were to punch him, it would be like that scene from Unbroken.

20150329_1355818.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, he's usually dead on but that wasn't his best piece :innocent:

It was just two racers with a lot of bad history between them losing both their heads.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I find myself reading his pieces, thinking that he was utterly crap in F1 and comes across a bit bitter about it. He also uses the word "super" far, far too much. Still better than the drivel that Benson writes mind.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Not F1 but F3. Huge crash at Macau GP.
17 year old female driver survived :eyes:, but had several hour surgery for a spinal injury, reports say 4 others injured but are ok when the car collided with a media tower.
Reports say speed was 170+mph
Huge deaccelration forces :scream:
Unreal crash :skull:.
Thought these cars ran Halo like F1, obviously not but I'm sure it will come.
Lucky for all involved.
Certainly not my favourite race. Great watch and exciting racing but dangerous when things so wrong.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Wow. Can't see what actually caused it? The overspeed on that car compared to everyone else was just unreal.

Lucky escape indeed.

Those types of street races always get either dangerous or boring. We'll be seeing a lot more of them in F1 by the look of things.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Wow. Can't see what actually caused it? The overspeed on that car compared to everyone else was just unreal.

Lucky escape indeed.

Those types of street races always get either dangerous or boring. We'll be seeing a lot more of them in F1 by the look of things.
Think she clipped a car at near top speed on the straight which sent her airbourne and spun which started the whole event.
Lucky lady indeed. Didn't even think these cars went that fast.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo

Lucky escape indeed.

She hit a car on the main part of the straight which caused her to lose both left hand wheels and therefore the brakes, she hit the barrier on the right hand side and spun backwards, the car was only launched into the air when it hit the blue "sausage" kerb on the inside of the corner which is obsecured by the other car in the still shot above. Arguably the collison would have been worse for her had she hit the barrier instead of going over it as the force was dissipated differently. Very lucky girl!

stevyg

RMS Regular
Horrific crash, she's very fortunate. That's a troublesome wee circuit too, seems to be big crashes there quite often.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
They've been reporting that for a couple of years now :innocent:

Hope it happens, just to complete the circle if nothing else. He hasn't quite done a Zanardi but not far from it either. Decent documentary about Bulger's comeback on iPlayer at the moment too.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
"Go get another point"
"I already have 1800" :joy:

Other than that a bit of an anti climax. Still finish on a high for Lewis, good efforts by Vettel, Max, and Ric, but nothing much came of any challenges to anyone.

Happy Kimi kept third overall despite the engine failure.

Mercedes really should swap Bottas for Occon straight away. I like Bottas and always rated him, but he has been nowhere and just got mugged again today. It's harsh, you can tell he's under pressure and it shows, but still.

Plus would be brilliant to see Occon v Max go at it in similar performance cars :joy::cool:

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Yep, pretty much a snapshot of the whole season - Lewis 1st, Vettel just behind, both Red Bulls strong, Bottas not holding on to position in the strongest car, and Raikkonen not getting anything. Lots of promise and nearly nearly and the hint of some racing possibly going to happen - and then nothing. No delivery on the potential, no action when it looks like something might develop. Various leaders but Mercedes just drive away with it again with what seems like a minimal effort.
Nice little thing at the end with Alonso though, albeit a very sad way to end a career full of potential also, going out on a low.
I agree about Bottas, the nice guy, but just doesn't deliver. I never rated him highly, and he's proven himself to be a number 2 driver. I would also agree with others that Ocon would be a shoe-in, but then again, Mercedes having a weak second driver suits my particular team supporting affiliations. On which note, I am excited to see Leclerc in red next year.
And I haven't clenched my teeth on my fist so much as I did when Hulkenberg went over, in quite some time. Really showed up the limitations of the Halo too - what if that fire had took hold? It took several minutes before he could get out of the car. I'm not happy about that at all - I know Nico is probably the most unfortunate driver in F1, always in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I don't want to watch him burn to death. I would also like to see him get a chance to prove himself in a top level car too - maybe Renault will take a leap forwards next year? Maybe RB will suffer with the Honda engine and drop down?
And great to have Kubica racing again, just an absolute shame he will be racing the slowest car on the grid. The guy was/is fast, and a race winner, and while it's a great achievement for him to be back - is it worth it to fill in the numbers at the back end of the grid? I always liked him - good attitude, no smugness, no nonsense - but no opportunities anywhere else unfortunately.
Anyway, after that incredibly long season, it's finally over, so with the same lack of dedication and enthusiasm as the characters at the end of The Truman Show, "What's on the other channel?"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.