F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Verstapen crying about being overtaken in quali lol He was doing about 20mph ffs why should other stay behind him and lose their last lap aswell

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks very close at the top, although it also looks like the "normal" running order of Mercedes, Ferrari, RB.

Fingers crossed they will be able to race and push like last week. First corner will set the scene.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Leclerc doing some crying. Surely he knew what he signed up for going to Ferrari.
After watching that netflix documentary last night 'drive to survive' I can see why LeClerc is crying. He is such a driven wee fella and just wants to be the best. Never realised Jules Bianchi was his god father. He wants to do at Ferrari what Jules would have done but never to the chance to.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Thing is though, the Ferrari strategy of putting everything on Vettel is actually hurting them. They lost points overall today by compromising Leclerc, and arguably the same in Melbourne.

And remember Charles defied the orders last time out. Otherwise he would have finished much further down.

Had they not imposed these orders then Ferrari as a team would have been in a stronger position. It would have been Leclerk ahead, but closer to Mercedes and with more points over Verstappen.

The Mercedes strategy of seeing whoever is actually ahead on the day and then maximising the strategy based on that is working out really well for them. Only further down the road will they start favouring a particular driver if one is clearly ahead.

The Ferrari strategy is making a mockery of Vettel as well when everyone can see he is only "ahead" by the team holding back Leclerk.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The race itself was business back to usual. It says a lot when all we are talking about is a single team order.

Nothing else happened :joy:

pablo

RMS Moderator
Fair play to Gasly for taking a pint on fastest lap

Max did well to hang I think. Just outpaced. Thought he might have got vettel but even if he had I doubt he could have kept it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The gap to RB has just got bigger, certainly on power circuits like this one.

I did think Ferrari would have been closer to Mercedes given their performance in the last race. Maybe they had to turn the engines back a notch or two after what happened to Charles last time?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ferrari had the fastest cars on the straights all weekend, Mercedes even reckoned they were losing 0.3secs on the 1km long back straight.

However Mercedes were much faster through the corners thanks to more downforce. That downforce also makes their car easier on tyres.

Ferrari making a hash of it so far this season when it comes to turning performance into results/points.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Ferrari strategy is abysmal. Ferrari have always been very strong in the first half of the season then fade in the 2nd half, this year isn’t looking good for them so far. It’s hard to trust that the team will put you in the best position when they keep calling such poor strategies. Really felt bad for Charles, he could have had a much better race, he still has a lot to prove though.
Mercedes were unstoppable, the way they fix problems so efficiently and bounce back just blows my mind, they controlled the race out in front Ferrari need to do a lot of work on their aero. That double pitstop was fantastic! Hard luck Bottas after a great qualifying. I think F1 should have a new rule, whoever gets pole position should be able to pick what side of the grid to start from, seems like there’s a handful of races where P1 isn’t the best place to start.
Hamilton showed his experience by getting his car that was a dog all weekend to win the race, great win for him, Bottas looked deflated after that race.
RB further off the pace again but Max is ahead of Vettel now in the standings, never would have thought that.
What a race from Albon starting from the pit lane to 10th!

e320mark

RMS Regular
Just a total change of conversation! I’m converting a spare room into a “den” for my son for his Xbox, seat, steering wheel etc. He is an F1 nut and I’m wanting a big F1 vinyl logo for one of the walls as well as a vinyl of Silverstone. Does anyone know where I could get this done?
Anything I have seen is just too small, not wanting huge but decent sized!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Just a total change of conversation! I’m converting a spare room into a “den” for my son for his Xbox, seat, steering wheel etc. He is an F1 nut and I’m wanting a big F1 vinyl logo for one of the walls as well as a vinyl of Silverstone. Does anyone know where I could get this done?
Anything I have seen is just too small, not wanting huge but decent sized!
I use a print company in belfast who do wall graphics and could do this.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
RB further off the pace again but Max is ahead of Vettel now in the standings, never would have thought that.

And that's all down to the botched Ferrari strategy of favouring Vettel this early in the season. Instead of maximising the points from whoever is the strongest on the day, so far Charles.

They're literally throwing points away just to massage Vettel's ego.

Not that Charles is the full package yet but he's right up there. A heck of a lot more mature than Max for sure and we've seen what Max can do when given the right support.

These young drivers coming up are so ultra professional out of the box. They've already competed for decades at the highest level. They know how to win races, they know how to win championships. To say they should be held back to massage the ego if some older driver to the detriment of the team is just nuts.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
i wouldnt have said he had an ego, or maybe thats just how he comes across to me.
if he does he says the right things, as in when leclarc should have won Bahrain he said as much and was annoyed he didnt win it.

at least he is alot more down to earth than others off season/downtime is DIY etc compared to raking about the world with Tommy Hilfiger for example.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Who cares what a driver is doing off-season. As I've said, I'm not a huge Hamilton fan, but he genuinely cannot do anything right for doing something wrong.

He could sit off season and do DIY and he'd be labelled boring.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
First practice off to a good start there 😇:-#

Williams just cannot get a break, will be a miracle if they get that car running again... Through no fault of theirs this time.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ferrari looking strong again in second practice but we've been here before. Today should be more telling.

Leclerk on fire so far, this could be fun 😇

Also this for some light breakfast reading 8-|

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The inexperience coming out in Charles Leclerc. No need to push that hard in Q2, save that for the Pole position shootout.

Easy to forget this is still only his second season in F1 so these errors will crop up but he will be a real threat tomorrow and I wouldn’t rule him out of contention for the win. Bound to be at least one safety car as well, going by the previous two runnings in Baku.

All to play for tomorrow.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.