F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Robert

RMS Trader
And unless Ferrari can give him a vastly superior car to everyone else then I think he has had his day. Give way to the new talent, that’s what I say.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
heres a question:

Do you support the driver, or the team?

i.e Kimi left ferarri, are you still a ferrari fan, or a kimi/alfa fan?

pablo

RMS Moderator
I like RB as a team but happy to see Lewis do well. Favourite driver would be verstappen though. Wouldn’t matter who he drove for.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well that got interesting, lol 😇

Great with Bottas and Lewis. Shame about the safety car. I think Lewis would have got the better of Bottas anyway, he was all over him, but it would have been nice to find out.

Brilliant with Max and Leclerk. I'm mightily impressed by Leclerk, he's held his own with Max twice now in a slower car.

And remember how long it has taken Max to get to the level of maturity he is now. This is where Leclerk is starting from!

As for Vettel, take the retirement... Should have done that when he got pushed out of RB...

Ten second penalty for that insanity???

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
As for teams and drivers, I'm pretty fluid, lol.

I think Lewis is the most complete package at the moment.

I love Max, Leclerk, and Ricciardo, and want to see them in good teams doing well. They are the future.

I love McL and Williams for the heritage and capability. Really sad to see where Williams are now, great to see McL recovering.

I admire Mercedes for their stupendous capability and the obvious leadership skills and political gamesmanship that's got them here. The singleminded focus on absolute excellence in every area, and then the completely unique ability to keep that excellence and total focus going season after season.

I love RB just because they're a complete breath of fresh air, lol. Kind of the Hesketh of the modern era. I love the combination with Honda for the same reason.

Don't have a lot of time for the customer teams that come and go and change names every other season. Likewise all the pay drivers who pilot them.

Renault a bit meh too. There's heritage, but also a bit half hearted as a serious challenger.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Probably the best race in a long time, shame about the safety car which spoiled the fun a bit, would have been nice to see more of hamilton and bottas battle as well as the verstappen leclerc battle continue. Seems Seb is being hailed for apologising to Max after, sorry doesn't wash with me, I wouldn't even expect to see driving like that in the Ginetta Juniors or Clio Cup never mind that, he certainly is cracking under the strain.

Been a long time since I thought I might watch that again. I could watch F1 cars go through Maggots and Beckett's such a great string of corners.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
No surprise the older tracks provide better racing. Hermann Tilke could learn a thing or two from them.

pablo

RMS Moderator
it ruined the whole race to be fair, I wanted to see Lewis beat Bottas fair and square, and see Max tangle with the Ferraris.

Fair play to Gasly it has to be said, he didnt do a bad job after a long run of bad form.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, Gasly was the big surprise for me.

Shame about Norris, but hey. Not his fault.

Lewis would have won either way as soon as Bottas went on a two stop. Even without the safety car Lewis would have been right behind Bottas with Bottas having to make another stop.

I don't know why they were on different strategies. Maybe it was a gamble on Lewis' part? Either way that's what settled the win, not the safety car.

Lewis even managed the fastest lap on 30 laps old tyres, lol. Bottas may have backed off thinking it was in the bag, but still, that's pretty impressive.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Lewis even managed the fastest lap on 30 laps old tyres, lol. Bottas may have backed off thinking it was in the bag, but still, that's pretty impressive.

I just knew he would somehow manage it. I just dont know whether its the man, the car, both etc?
But the fact he was on 30 lap old hard tyres and managed to pull that out of the bag is just bewildering.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Fantastic race, the people who say they are done with F1 and are never watching another race again are clearly missing out. Great drive from Lewis and getting the fastest lap on hard tyres several laps past their recommended life was the icing on the cake for him. Nice fight between him and Bottas at the start they were always going to keep it clean. Max & Charles had amazing scraps, Max is one of the best at biting at someones heels but Charles really impressed me the way he was able to hang on and gave Max a little taste of his own medicine. Awesome racing from the pair, I’m not sure we will ever see those two in the same team for that reason unfortunately. Awful race for Seb, I’m sure he went home and cried after that performance and it’s sad to see a driver of his caliber make so many mistakes like he has been. After pre-season testing I would have thought Seb would have won a haul of races by now in fact this time last year he was celebrating his 4th win of the season. To rub it in, he got beat by Kubica! Vettel needs to do well at his home race next. Maybe he will retire at the end of the year or maybe he should take a year off. I don’t think the safety car ruined the race, it bunched everyone back up and had a more chaotic restart than the start of the race. A few benefited from it, a few lost out. That video with Lewis taking Frank for a drive is epic.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
I thought it was very boring. I think I have had enough of F1.
The race will probably be the same.
Same, I've lost all interest in F1. The absolute dominance of Mercedes and proper wheel to wheel racing being frowned upon has just turned into a procession

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
I like RB as a team but happy to see Lewis do well. Favourite driver would be verstappen though. Wouldn’t matter who he drove for.
Verstappen in a faster car would be very interesting to watch, some of his overtaking moves are astounding. He gets blasted for being overly aggressive but he has matured a lot recently and seems to be picking his battles a bit better.
I haven't been following F1 much but if RB/Honda can raise their game and give Mercedes a fight I'll get back into it

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Lol, did you actually watch the race 😅 😅😅

Agreed it's not the norm but Silverstone had it all this time.
I did not but given that I opened my statement with "I've lost interest" I thought that was obvious. With the exception of a few decent events in the F1 calendar I can usually find something more productive to do

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.