F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
If I was in charge of F1 that is the first thing I would change. Every race would start in reverse championship order, Bobby K at the front, Hamilton at the back.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lewis pulls another impossible lap out of nowhere :innocent:

Shame about the Ferraris, been very strong all weekend.

Roll on a straight battle with Max :cool::cool::cool:

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
what a race

i didn’t know what was going on at times

i went to get a beer and came back lance stroll is in first and hamilton last wtf???

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Well that was eventful. Sick Hamilton should have stayed in bed, would have done him more good lol. Between spins, 1min pit stop and 5sec penalty it wasn’t his day.

Verstappen pulled it back after a bad start and Betts finally kept his head and got up to 2nd.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Great to see back to back good races. Great drives from Max and Seb, he didnt put a foot wrong. Horror for the mercs!

Heard LeClerc criticising the tarmac section he went off on, you were out there twice before hand so I'm afraid you should have known better!

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
i expected the norm even in the wet, but life admin, house duties and all the rest of it got put to the side for nearly 3 hours.
was not leave the TV. class race, being a vettel man it was good to see him not mess up and have an overall positive race.
i wonder if it would have been as clean if he started from the front

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ferrari probably had the best car over the weekend but, as ever this season, they found a way to trip over their own feet.

What a 24hours for Kvyat though, becomes a father on Saturday evening then scores a podium on Sunday afternoon.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Great to see back to back good races. Great drives from Max and Seb, he didnt put a foot wrong. Horror for the mercs!

Heard LeClerc criticising the tarmac section he went off on, you were out there twice before hand so I'm afraid you should have known better!
If it was gravel he’d and been out too. Made a mistake, paid the price.

He’d have been very happy with the rubber coated tar if he wet off there in the dry

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Crazy race, one of strangest I’ve ever seen! Starting under SC but then doing a full race start, reducing the total laps to race instead of counting the laps under SC toward the total (same result just don’t think I’ve ever seen them do it that way before), only 13 cars finished, Stroll 4th, Williams scoring a point?! Good grief it was a cluster but great to watch. All the best wet weather drivers had off’s, Hamilton, Bottas, Kimi & Max. Predicting the weather, tyres & safety car was all a crap shoot but well done to Max, RB really nailed the pit stops for him.
Great result for Vettel, it was a particularly uneventful race for him but the last SC put him in a good position. Although he had a good result, he still hasn’t won a race this season. Can’t believe Stroll was leading at one point. Great job from Kvyat, the gamble paid off and he gained 10 places in less than 2 laps! I think RB moved him to their senior team too soon when he wasn’t mature enough. Felt bad for Hulk, he was looking to secure a podium.
Bottas needs to step his game up because he still doesn’t have a drive for next season, he’s out of contract at the end of this year. Wolff said the last 2 races before the break would determine his future so hitting the wall could have ended his chance at a Mercedes drive next year.
Hamilton had a terrible day, he questioned the slick tyres then slid into the wall. Thought the 5 sec penalty was a bit harsh considering he just hit the wall and had his wing hanging off with other unknown damage. Jean Todt said it was justified because he should’ve drove for a lap with a damaged car or else he should have left it in the wall and retired it, is that not a bit backwards? Thought the safest thing to do was pit immediately? It was all still under SC too. 1min pitstop then they couldn’t bring him in under the next SC because he would have had to serve the 5sec penalty and would have been in traffic so he missed out on a set of tyres but even after all that he was still 3 seconds ahead of Vettel at the last SC but serving the penalty then another off and flat spotting the tyres done him in. Mercedes should’ve left all their silly costumes at home.
Charles had a similar predicament, was given the slicks too soon and binned it, not a good day for him. He had been lucky twice under VSC to be in the right place at the right time to get cheap pit stops on fresh tyres so he was looking good for a challenge at the front after good strategy calls from Ferrari but that went away when he hit the wall. On the contrary his unsafe release wasn’t punished enough. I agree they should punish the team but the best way to do that is to punish the driver. I’d say to gain track position is worth a fair amount of money that Ferrari would happily pay but every other driver had to wait until the cars had passed before they were released safely. Haas had a good race, Grosjean almost stalled in the pits when Clarles pulled out into him, that would have been a nightmare for everyone behind. Danny Ric having more problems and seeing his old team win another race.
With the intermittent weather, the race was a lottery but it was fun to watch and definitely needs to stay on the F1 calendar instead of more city races. Summer break approaching fast Ferrari really need a win before the break, I’m wondering what driver rumors are going to come out of the silly season? Will Vettel retire or will he switch teams? Is Max staying at RB? Is Bottas staying at Mercedes? Gasly surley won’t still be at RB crashing out of FP2 & the race. RB could be driverless.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
If I was in charge of F1 that is the first thing I would change. Every race would start in reverse championship order, Bobby K at the front, Hamilton at the back.

I will unexpectedly have to change this: Russell at the front now, Hamilton at the back.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks like it could get interesting again in Hungary! Some effort by Max in qualifying!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
For the first time ever ended up listening to the race on Radio 5 Live instead of watching, not bad at all actually!

That got a bit exciting again 😇

Big gamble by Mercedes with the extra tyre change, but boy what a drive from Lewis and it all paid off. Seriously impressive, don't see F1 cars driven like that for that long these days, just unreal. That was some drive!

Max did everything right and put up a proper fight but nothing he could do. I'm so impressed by Max this year, he's a completely different driver, so mature and utterly professional. He could well nab second from Bottas in the championship.

Great results for Norris and Russel behind.

Toto will make the call on Bottas over the summer break. Bottas had the chance to get a leg up today but it didn't work out at all. The difference to Lewis is just galactic.

Ocon or Russel to team with Lewis next year? Either would be a gamble but could work out really well too.

Ferrari - they have some work to do, cough :innocent:

Was surprised Leclerk let Vettel through so easily at the end, another team order/pre-race "agreement" there?

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
For the first time ever ended up listening to the race on Radio 5 Live instead of watching, not bad at all actually!

That got a bit exciting again 😇

Big gamble by Mercedes with the extra tyre change, but boy what a drive from Lewis and it all paid off. Seriously impressive, don't see F1 cars driven like that for that long these days, just unreal. That was some drive!

Max did everything right and put up a proper fight but nothing he could do. I'm so impressed by Max this year, he's a completely different driver, so mature and utterly professional. He could well nab second from Bottas in the championship.

Great results for Norris and Russel behind.

Toto will make the call on Bottas over the summer break. Bottas had the chance to get a leg up today but it didn't work out at all. The difference to Lewis is just galactic.

Ocon or Russel to team with Lewis next year? Either would be a gamble but could work out really well too.

Ferrari - they have some work to do, cough :innocent:

Was surprised Leclerk let Vettel through so easily at the end, another team order/pre-race "agreement" there?

Having watched it Le Clerc didn’t gave the tyres to defend

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.