F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Only way around it is to have individual sprint laps in final qualifying. That would create a level playing field.

But the logistics of that could be a nightmare.
Ross Brawn's interview was interesting about the future regulations.

Is anything aged yet?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Only way around it is to have individual sprint laps in final qualifying. That would create a level playing field.

But the logistics of that could be a nightmare.

Would actually be fairly easy. Its done in a few other motorsports.

They go out in reverse order from Qualifying 2, as soon as the 1st car out has completed there warm up lap and has crossed the line to start their flying lap the next car is sent out and it continues. Means cars are doing warm up laps as the car ahead is doing their flying lap. Only an issue if there is an incident with the car doing the flying lap but it only affects 1 other car and that's easily sorted too.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Mayhem there in Q3, looking forward to tomorrow!

Anyone know what this was about?

1F228272-78E4-40DD-B58A-8A6BD788F55F.png

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@sam_9n Rosberg basically said that Verstappen was back to his old self crashing into people following the 1st corner incident that ultimatley put him out of the last race at Spa. In return Verstappen has accused Rosberg of attention-seeking and comparing him to notoriously outspoken former champion Jacques Villeneuve.

Fundamentally hand bags at dawn.

Last edited:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Mayhem there in Q3, looking forward to tomorrow!

Anyone know what this was about?

View attachment 249724

Yep Villeneuve is a total arse who goes out of his way to talk utter balls in a totally non-self aware manner.

Rosberg seems to be talking similar balls to get reactions and views on his YouTube videos. Verstappen was a particular target for him. Max simply pointed out the similarities between two similar lucky champions living off family names and said Nico could earn more money racing again than doing bids.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'm still not sure why max got all the blame for that crash. Personally I put it 50/50

Personally I think racing incident, with Max a little more at fault, but nothing much to write home about really.

Max went for a gap that wasn't there, expecting the other car to just magically disappear. While Kimi was in front, had no idea Max was there, and had every right to take his line.

In that sense it was totally avoidable and was only ever going to end one way.

And in that sense Rosberg was right.

But Max is also totally right about Rosberg, lol :innocent: 😅

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
So no action against Ferrari and Vettel then despite leaving the track in qualifying at Monza 😇 Surprise 😅

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Brilliant race, first race I've watched in full in easy 3/4 years, couldn't step away from it (y).
Mega from Ferrari new boy Leclerc, held his own under serious pressure, Ferrari had mega punch out of the corners,
Pity Lewis couldn't get close enough in corners to make count on the straights .
Bottas was great and reakon he'd could have had he not blew it. Shame.
Fantasticoooo race (y)
Vettle's days are over (y).

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Really enjoyed that race! Crazy that even with DRS open Hamilton was still slower down the straights than Leclerc was several times.

Vettel must have had a blood rush to come back onto the track that way, be interesting to see who eventually replaces him in Ferrari

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Great drive from Leclerc and nice to see some racing again, that Ferrari had some grunt down the straights alright. He was a lucky boy with those couple of incidents, I think had it been any other race in the calendar he'd have been penalised for sure.

Vettel surely deserves some points on the license for that horrendous rejoin. Ferrari are in a bit of a predicament, Vettel isnt showing the quality to be a lead driver and leclerc just isnt experienced enough yet for it either.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Great drive by Leclerc. Got the impression he was out to prove a point to the paddock about his ability to race at the front and lead Ferrari. Certainly the straight-line advantage helped but I think done well in front of the Tifosi!

Vettel’s days are numbered I think.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
be interesting to see who eventually replaces him in Ferrari

Could it be Hamilton? There seemed to be chat over the weekend about Hamilton going to Ferrari.
I wonder should Hulkenberg hold off on signing the HASS deal in case the Farrari seat becomes available.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
None of the young drivers standout at the moment. Giovinazzi isn’t doing much at Alfa and Mick Schumacher is far from ready so the immediate replacement could be Hulkenberg.

Don’t think Hamilton would go.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Can't see Hamilton in the red suit either tbh, Ferrari have a future champ in LeClerc theres no doubting, it's deffently in him to do it and fight next year, and that's there plan, dont think it would work with Hamilton there, there's another 2/3 championships left in Hamilton and Merc provided there car is there for him at Merc.
Never really been the way at Ferrari, always been 1 and 2 , never really like that way of working.
Never say never though

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Can't see Hamilton going anywhere. It's just the usual rumour mill and he's well in contract anyway. Everyone is always talking to everyone, all the time. Means nothing at all.

Maybe after he gets number seven but then he'd be better off going for the triple crown or something as the next challenge. Or take up motor bikes 😇

Vettel is well in contract too. Can't see that being under threat either as long as he stays ahead in the championship. Which he probably won't the way things are going...

As for the race, a good bit of Ferrari International Rescue going on there, lol 😅 Nobody else in any other car would have got away with either of those incidents on their own. Getting away with both, and with a "black white flag" hanging over him as well? Only Ferrari at Monza!

There was a bit of Max attitude creeping in.

Didn't affect any championship this time, and Charles drove a fantastic race under ridiculous pressure. Very well done!

Vettel - enough said already.

Bottas - brilliant strategy but not even in the same country when it came down to it. Imagine what Lewis could have done on much fresher tyres at that stage with Charles already pushed to the limit most of the race. Or what Max and Charles would have done if the roles were reversed.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Stefano could barely keep a straight face though when they were showing Vettel going off track in quali and he was trying to explain that one away :joy:

"The shadow is inside the line" :joy:

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
What a shambles that qualifying was, disappointing for the fans who were there & the ones to get up and spend an hour + to watch the final lap showdown and they throw it away like that. I don’t think Ferrari done it on purpose but the FIA need to sort that out so no-one with the fastest lap gets any ideas about holding the pack up on the final run so they can’t be beaten. Would have made it more interesting if they gave everyone in the top 10 a 5 spot grid penalty for the race.
Great drive under pressure for Charles, amazing win at Monza, it’s been a loooong time coming. The speed of the Ferrari on the straights is mega, DRS & slipstream still didn’t help Hamilton. The Assistance d’Ferrari helped him a little with the black & white flag, we’ve seen 5sec penalties for less than that. The Tafosi lynch mob would have stormed the stewards office pitchforks in hand if LeClerc had got a penalty. Not sure I understand the B&W flag, doesn’t sound like the FIA do either. They said Charles didn’t leave a cars width that’s why he was given the black & white flag which is for instances when a driver shows unsportsman like conduct but doesn’t cross the line. I thought the rules were the line?
I’d love Lewis to go to Ferrari and win a WDC just to hear what the Tafosi say about him after that.
Vettel dropping the ball again, I think his heads just not in it anymore. He might have already put this year behind him and started to focus on next year or this could be a sign of him winding down to retirement. He’s not the same driver from his RB days I'm sure the Italian media are flogging him today.
Great drive from Renault and Albon, I thought Max would have done better. Bottas let me down, he was gaining over a second a lap then had a handful of unforced errors. He had the car to win the race at the end, stepped up but couldn’t deliver.
All in all it was a great race from start to finish and the suns shining a little bit brighter in Italy today.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.