F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Is he actually any good or just riding on the Schumacher name? Wasn't Ralf a bit pants in comparison to Michael?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Is he actually any good or just riding on the Schumacher name? Wasn't Ralf a bit pants in comparison to Michael?

To be fair nearly everyone was a bit pants compared to Michael. There may be a bit of riding on the coat tails of his father but he is still a very very good driver would would be there or there abouts on his own I believe.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's my impression too. Connections more than name opening up doors more easily to good seats and teams to ensure progress, but seems to perform as well.

Interesting that he hasn't joined the young driver programme until now. Should become clear fairly quickly which way it goes.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Yeah, he's good. Only time will tell, but F3 champion last year, and high standings in Karting and F4. He used different names up until recently so he could try and avoid some of the hype - which IMO is one indication of someone who wants to earn it, not be gifted. This was always something that looked likely, but it's good to see it confirmed. Ah, the 2023 lineup, Mick Schumacher and an experienced Charles Leclerc, that will overload the Tifosi.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
There's a man who really just needs to learn when to shut his gub.

I'm ashamed that he's still probably NI's most well/widest known 4 wheeled racer.

Four time winner criticising Four time World Champion. And a Three time, Five time and anyone else he can. The Seven time one is of course the best ever (that bit is true anyway!) because it's not embarassing to come second to the greatest of all time. Are he and Eddie Jordan related? They both spout ignomonious opinionated self promoting and foolish tripe.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Sometimes I dont like how Vettel gets on but I understand everyone gets frustrated but calling him a one trick pony is ridiculous lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I thought it was funny the way he dismissed Lewis for "being in the best car", and then holding up Michael despite him driving at a time when ferrari wrote the rule book, ran F1, used bespoke tyres, fuel, etc. which nobody else had access to, with unlimited testing and all the rest :joy:

I think someone else already said it, it's pointless trying to compare drivers of different eras. Jim Clark, Prost, Senna, Michael, Vettel, Lewis, Alonso - they have all had their ups and downs. But they're all up there.

I think he was right about this part though. We have possibly the greatest lineup ever - Lewis, Vettel, Ricciardo, Alonso, Max, and now the likes of Leclerk and Ocon knocking on the door. Yet the racing is the worst it's ever been. Just look at Formula E and the giant leap they've taken to improve the spectacle. Their races this year have been brilliant. F1 is a dinosaur in comparison.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
I honestly have not watched Formula E this year.. I missed most of the F1 last year and most of the WEC also as having a 17 month old child brings its challenges..

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
The fan boost and that other new thing they have to drive over this year in Formula E I don’t like. But the raving is definitely miles better than F1

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Agree, the gimmicks are just that - gimmicks. That said, the "power boost" (a bit like real life Mario, lol) that's new for this year has actually spiced things up nicely in the last races.

But the racing has been superb so far. F1 really has to up its game to stay relevant.

Anyway, slightly off topic :innocent:

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
I thought it was funny the way he dismissed Lewis for "being in the best car", and then holding up Michael despite him driving at a time when ferrari wrote the rule book, ran F1, used bespoke tyres, fuel, etc. which nobody else had access to, with unlimited testing and all the rest :joy:

I think someone else already said it, it's pointless trying to compare drivers of different eras. Jim Clark, Prost, Senna, Michael, Vettel, Lewis, Alonso - they have all had their ups and downs. But they're all up there.

I think he was right about this part though. We have possibly the greatest lineup ever - Lewis, Vettel, Ricciardo, Alonso, Max, and now the likes of Leclerk and Ocon knocking on the door. Yet the racing is the worst it's ever been. Just look at Formula E and the giant leap they've taken to improve the spectacle. Their races this year have been brilliant. F1 is a dinosaur in comparison.
Agree. I understand that Schumacher still had to race his balls off to win so I can't take anything away from him as a driver but he did have the biggest advantage of anyone in the history of F1 which obviously goes hand in hand with how much he won. Older drivers like Ed who didn't win much always say the drivers of their era were the best, because they think that makes them look better or something.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Cant wait to see what they look like. Same wheel tyre combo this year or is it 18" wheels? I know the front wing should be simple looking compared to previous years.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
1kg fuel = 1litre right? Surely itll be quicker to lift and cost than carry the extra 5kg? Especially at the start when the cars are heavy...

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I’m not sure what race race fuel equates to weight/volume wise but no doubt teams will look to find whatever advantage they can with it.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Should be interesting if what I heard last year the front wing will not make much difference for over taking. If thats the case less fuel at the start.. fuel save mid/end of race and block over taking.. hopefully I am wrong though flat out racing would be awesome.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
18’’ wheels/tyres in 2021.

As far as I know nothing is agreed beyond 2020. No commercial contracts, never mind technical regulations.

A bit pointless with 18" wheels on a single seater anyway...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.