F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Agree Sven, t'was a great strategic race. Tense start with Vettel coming across like that, that was wild. I thought you were meant to leave a cars width if you were beside another car? Lucky to get off with no penalty or worse if Hamilton didn’t back out. Another victory thrown away by Ferrari considering they started P1 & P2, they pitted Charles too early and Vettel too late, the pitwall was pressured by Vettels questions over the radio to stay out and Charles was brought in to cover Albon who was 5th, that didn’t make sense. I thought for sure Vettel had it in the bag once he came out on new tyres but once I could see for 10+ laps he was stuck at 2.2-2.5 seconds behind Hamilton, I knew Lewis had more in the tank and he was managing the gap. I thought Bottas might get past Vettel in the last 10 laps and challenge Lewis but it wasn't meant to be. Well done to the Merc mechanics for getting VBs car together and making it competitive.

How did Max get driver of the day? He was the biggest loser of the top teams. He went from P1 to P4 to P6 in a car that should have won. He's given more space than any other driver in F1 and he still crashed multiple times. Hamilton, Bottas then KMag. Albon had a much better drive and Hamilton from P4 to P1 in a car that’s not suited for the circuit won the race. Bottas didn’t put a foot wrong either in a car that was in bits hours before. Perez had a great drive holding off Dan Ric at the end too. Thought the podium with the car coming up was a cool touch, and Hamiltons donuts. I like a bit of showmanship in F1. Flying to Austin tomorrow looking forward to it

Bryan

RMS Regular
Agree Sven, t'was a great strategic race. Tense start with Vettel coming across like that, that was wild. I thought you were meant to leave a cars width if you were beside another car? Lucky to get off with no penalty or worse if Hamilton didn’t back out. Another victory thrown away by Ferrari considering they started P1 & P2, they pitted Charles too early and Vettel too late, the pitwall was pressured by Vettels questions over the radio to stay out and Charles was brought in to cover Albon who was 5th, that didn’t make sense. I thought for sure Vettel had it in the bag once he came out on new tyres but once I could see for 10+ laps he was stuck at 2.2-2.5 seconds behind Hamilton, I knew Lewis had more in the tank and he was managing the gap. I thought Bottas might get past Vettel in the last 10 laps and challenge Lewis but it wasn't meant to be. Well done to the Merc mechanics for getting VBs car together and making it competitive.

How did Max get driver of the day? He was the biggest loser of the top teams. He went from P1 to P4 to P6 in a car that should have won. He's given more space than any other driver in F1 and he still crashed multiple times. Hamilton, Bottas then KMag. Albon had a much better drive and Hamilton from P4 to P1 in a car that’s not suited for the circuit won the race. Bottas didn’t put a foot wrong either in a car that was in bits hours before. Perez had a great drive holding off Dan Ric at the end too. Thought the podium with the car coming up was a cool touch, and Hamiltons donuts. I like a bit of showmanship in F1. Flying to Austin tomorrow looking forward to it

You forgot the part where Max went to P20 at least once (maybe actually twice)... then back to P6

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
You forgot the part where Max went to P20 at least once (maybe actually twice)... then back to P6

aa great as it was to watch him come through the pack ultimately it was his own fault that ended him up there was it not?

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
He was P1 and the favorite to win, he ended 6th out of 18 finishers while passing a bunch of bums on his 1-stop crashing into 3 other drivers and finished almost a lap behind. Not driver of the day in my eyes.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Last to top 5 is kind of expected in one of the top 3 cars, they're just that much faster than anyone else.

I think he got unlucky in turn 1, that was a 50/50 incident with Lewis. Lewis picked up a lot of damage too there, he was lucky he could continue. Max ended up right at the back.

After that it was just frustration from Max I think, some dodgy passes and a bit of banging about that cost him more places than he gained.

I do think he and the car genuinely had the pace to win. His falling down really started from not slowing down under the yellows in quali, from there it all just unravelled. But in his own eyes at least he really can never put a foot wrong, ever 😇

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Spent last weekend at Mercedes F1 in Brackley. Some place. Didn't get a formal.tour, but was able to get a good look around a few units like the garage, design centre and ovens. No wind tunnel access as Racing Point were in using it.

20191020_104829.jpg
20191020_113754.jpg
20191020_104743.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's brilliant 😎

Can you just show up, or do you need to make an appointment?

Passing through Milton Keynes fairly regularly, been thinking about a tour at Merc or RB there.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
That's brilliant 😎

Can you just show up, or do you need to make an appointment?

Passing through Milton Keynes fairly regularly, been thinking about a tour at Merc or RB there.
They do tours apparently, they'll not let you in if you just turn up. I now know a few folks in their IT department. So next time I'm chatting I'll see if they can sort you out Nicholas.

e320mark

RMS Regular
They do tours apparently, they'll not let you in if you just turn up. I now know a few folks in their IT department. So next time I'm chatting I'll see if they can sort you out Nicholas.
I take it there is an age limit on this, if you can get in? My 10 yr old would be in his element getting a chance for something like this!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Paddock pass and all, happy days :cool:

Texas is a weird place, lol. You think it's all hot desert but it can get ridiculously cold!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Very tight quali, should be a good race. Great result by Bottas.

Didn't go Lewis' way, he said as much after, lol. Sure he has his eyes on clinching the title rather than heroics, whatever the official line might be. And who can blame him.

That track is ridiculously bumpy. It's visible from the outside, never mind in the in-car video 😳 At times the cars actually launch off them...

Has it always been like that or has something happened this year? Just don't remember it being this bad.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Very tight quali, should be a good race. Great result by Bottas.

Didn't go Lewis' way, he said as much after, lol. Sure he has his eyes on clinching the title rather than heroics, whatever the official line might be. And who can blame him.

That track is ridiculously bumpy. It's visible from the outside, never mind in the in-car video 😳 At times the cars actually launch off them...

Has it always been like that or has something happened this year? Just don't remember it being this bad.

some high speed offs on that twisty section,looks unreal from in car tho

Zach57

RMS Regular

It was bad but it’s got a lot worse, the Moto GP riders were complaining about the bumps a few years ago.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.