F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
and Toro Rosso have kept Kvyat and Gasly for next year too.

Just need a teammate for George Russell at Williams and the 2020 grid is complete.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
I'd be snapping Hulk up if I was Williams. Still don't understand why Haas kept those 2 knuckleheads, if they don't want to step up and pay a decent driver the market rate salary, they won't do any better than they are currently doing.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Does Hulk come with any cash though? Williams need a paying driver.

Pretty sure he is already confirmed for DTM as a paid driver? Would make more sense than paying to run around at the back of the field in F1.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
I don't think I've ever heard of him coming with cash. WIlliams need someone experienced who can develop the car or they are left paying a couple hundred million a year to run the team being stuck in the mud instead of shelling out an extra few million for an experienced driver to help get a good car together. Is Toto still a shareholder? He could shake things up there pretty quickly.

That's a good point but also a tough choice, be in DTM and be competitive or be at the back but still driving an F1 car ^o)

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Yesterdays podium of Max, Pierre and Carlos has to be one of the youngest in a while. Sainz has been one of my drivers of the year, Red Bull maybe wish they kept him.

Ferrari making a complete mess of things (again).

Could see that incident with Albon and Hamilton coming as soon as Alex opened the door so much, maybe a lesson learnt the hard way for him.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Brilliant racing throughout with Max and Lewis :cool: Fair play to Max and RB, they played it right all along and never put a foot wrong.

Some very strange strategy calls from Mercedes, especially at the end, lol. Maybe Toto being absent showing through. Or just with nothing on the line going all out in every way, lol. Definitely a lot of rolling the dice! Lewis did well to stay with it as much as he did.

Very interesting podium, also fantastic to see.

Bad luck for Albon, he had a great race. I thought it was racing, same as Ricciardo earlier, but hey. I see Lewis held his hand up after so fair enough.

Great mid field racing as well, especially in the first half.

As for Ferrari, enough said... No question where the blame lies there. Again.

pablo

RMS Moderator
THink they did the right thing with Lewis - he wasnt going to win otherwise so worth throwing the dice. If he hadnt collected Albon it might have been a different story on fresh tyres.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
As for Kubica - WTAF - this tit needs ejected from F1 asap.

I honestly don't think it was his fault. Visibility to the rear is near non exist and he was surrounded by mechanics so it would have been basically nil at the time. He was told to go by the team and he went as they all do. Teams fault not the drivers in my eyes.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
THink they did the right thing with Lewis - he wasnt going to win otherwise so worth throwing the dice. If he hadnt collected Albon it might have been a different story on fresh tyres.

I suppose you are right about the second safety stop. But that was really only needed because they didn't pit with everyone else at the first safety stop. Used mediums against everyone else on brand new softs was never going to work out after a safety car restart, was it?

Anyway, as you say, they were trying to do different things. Doing the same as everyone else could only end the way they were. Could have gone either way. The first pit stop with the undercut worked beautifully for example.

Easy to be a pit wall expert after the race, lol :innocent:

pablo

RMS Moderator
the undercut was MASSIVELY helped by the idiot Kubica, not sure if they would have got past otherwise, Im sure that cost Max a few seconds

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
That was a great race. Always forget how short Interlagos is, only half a mile longer than Monaco.
Great drive from Verstappen redemption for last year, no management mode just flat out and Redbull nailed the tyre strategy not to mention two sub 1.9s pit stops, wowzers! Honda found some speed, great to see and awesome to see drivers actually pass each other on track for a change.
Mercedes had a woeful day, Bottas DNF & Hamilton 7th, Wolff will be saying “I left for 1 race!”. Don't know why they didn't pit Lewis under the first SC. I’ve watched the Albon incident about 12 times and I can’t see how it was Hamiltons fault never mind a 5s penalty plus 2 points on his license. I thought 90/10 Albons fault.
Ferrari had a weekend to forget, such a massive amount of damage from a very light touch. Vettel has cut across drivers several times very aggressively this season and it bit him this time. LeClerc moved left to block then when Vettel moved right, LeClerc jinked to the right. A double move but still left him the space, maybe he could have left him more but this one is 80/20 Vettels fault, after the pass he moved across LeClerc and got off the racing line for no reason other than to spite him. I’m not sure how long he can continue and I don’t know what other top teams would take him with his current form. He has some massive highs but can’t keep it together.
What a result for Alfa, 4th & 5th who would have thought?! Russell not bad coming home 12th either, his team mate still finished over 1 lap behind even after the last SC with 3 laps to go, deary me. What knucklehead released him into the leader when he was already a lap behind. Amazing for Sianz, pity he didn’t get to experience the podium and Gaslys radio after the race says it all for him. He’s been much better with less pressure on his shoulders, nice drag race to the line too :cool: 1 race to go for 2019!

Dave..

RMS Regular
@svensktoppen
When you need some F1 over the winter :grinning:
IMG-20191114-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20191114-WA0010.jpg

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
Seen this posted by the Redbull team today. They do a pit stop in Zero G. Looks like a lot of fun.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Been flat out, and have been told I've to be back onsite at AMG F1 for the race weekend. Thankfully, this time in the race room, rather than the data centre. Wasted on me TBH, I know alot of folks would love to be there to soak up the atmosphere.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.