F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Just a heads up for those who don’t have Sky Sports F1

Sky are showing full coverage of the Australian Grand Prix weekend on Sky One.

Saves me using my euro dish next weekend as I am not paying £18 a month for the F1

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Just a heads up for those who don’t have Sky Sports F1

Sky are showing full coverage of the Australian Grand Prix weekend on Sky One.

Saves me using my euro dish next weekend as I am not paying £18 a month for the F1

Sky have a promo on that’s it down to £10 a month if that would suit better. Considering it myself for £10 to be honest

Dave..

RMS Regular
Maybe I'm grumpy today, lol, just looks like a gimmick that won't do anything at all to solve the actual problem.

Anyway, Formula E is back again this weekend, in China. Live on BBC and iPlayer on Sunday morning.
I watched some of Formula E but the noise is awful and gave up.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I’ve nothing good to say about Formula E so I won’t say anything lol

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Quick change to the points system expected before Austraila next weekend:

F1 to award point to driver who sets fastest lap in a grand prix

A bit gimmicky like the double points for the last race a few years ago but I get that they are trying to spice up the end of the race. We might see someone doing something silly on the last lap when they try to push for fastest lap. Could also be interesting strategy calls if a team mate has time to pit a few laps before the end and not lose their place, so they can get an extra point for the team or one of the big teams calls their small team to pit someone outside the top 10 to try and get fastest lap to keep it away from one of the big teams etc But in reality, I doubt it’s going to make much difference in the championship.

Can’t wait for this weekend!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
A win is 25 points, second 15. Even 8th gets 4 points. A point for fastest lap isn't going to make anyone do anything differently.

Maybe if out of the points with nothing to lose and at least salvaging some pride.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Felipe Massa would’ve been Champion in 2008 if points where awarded for fastest lap that year don’t think any other championship would be affected.

I’m sure someone will sponsor the award too similar to the DHL sponsorship of the fastest pitstops.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ah yes, you're right. So completely pointless then :cool:

Unless on the off-chance of a championship coming down to a single point in the last race, lol :innocent:

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
what i suspect will happen will be the last Redbull/bottas in 6th will come in for some fast rubber with couple of laps to go and claim that last point, although i hope im wrong and Redbull are fighting it out in front!

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Felipe Massa would’ve been Champion in 2008 if points where awarded for fastest lap that year don’t think any other championship would be affected.

I’m sure someone will sponsor the award too similar to the DHL sponsorship of the fastest pitstops.

Interesting....good point. Back then championships were won with less than 100 points so 1 point would have made a bigger difference compared to the 400+ points today. If fastest laps = points then back then I'm sure McLaren would have had a different strategy throughout the season so theres no way to tell what would have happened if that were the case. Would have been a bummer to lose the championship because of a fastest lap...

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Yea I guess everyone’s approach would change if those rules applied, will be interesting to see how it plays out during the season.

I think it will benefit some of the faster midfield teams most, Renault and Ricciardo will have an eye on it come the end of a Grand Prix. The teams/drivers fighting for the podium might not worry about it too much.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Has anyone here been to the Austrian GP? i managed to persuade a few mates to go this year for my stag, needless to say im pretty excited.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Has anyone watched F1 - Drive To Survive on Netflix yet? I watched the first 3 episodes last night, really enjoyed it so far!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Bit of a shock?

One of the most respected people in motorsports the world over. Did a huge amount for driver & spectator safety over the years, many many drivers owe their lives to Charlie.

Huge loss to F1 and the FIA.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.