F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Enjoyed that race, some great racing up front and also mid field! Haven’t seen what the issue was with Ricciardos Renault yet, bad luck for them!

Bryan

RMS Regular
Anyone else just not enjoy watching it as much on Sky? I tried to watch the qualifying on Sky and just didn't get it into it as much - I don't think they have as much passion as DC and guys from Channel 4 - So much so that I chose to watch the highlights on C4 rather than the live race on Sky.

Great race indeed and some proper wheel to wheel racing going on. Looks like it's going to be a good season.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Great driving by Leclerc and Hamilton but such a shame for Leclerc.

Billy Monger is doing a brilliant job on Channel 4 I think, nevermind him only being 20.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Anyone else just not enjoy watching it as much on Sky? I tried to watch the qualifying on Sky and just didn't get it into it as much - I don't think they have as much passion as DC and guys from Channel 4 - So much so that I chose to watch the highlights on C4 rather than the live race on Sky.

Great race indeed and some proper wheel to wheel racing going on. Looks like it's going to be a good season.

Yeah, glad I never renewed my Sky Sports F1 subscription. Been watching on Sky One the past two races but any not on Sky One I have a Euro satelitte dish which gets me all the F1 coverage with zero commentary which is great as no David Croft

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
"I'm faster", from the rookie to the four time world champion :cool: What a shame about the engine fault.

Some very good racing throughout the field, great overtakes by Lewis and Le Clerc. Don't know if it was just a fluke, but they did seem to be able to follow and challenge better. Pleasant surprise.

Botas nowhere to be seen, and Vettel cracking under pressure. All back to normal :innocent:

Synchronised failure at Renault... A little surprised Hulk is holding up against Ricciardo but good to see.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Thought that was a mega race. Good to actually see some racing between all the top drivers, they all went wheel to wheel with each other several times during the race. Major bummer for LeClerc, Ferrari saying his engine went off a cylinder so maybe engine damage, gutted after he drove a fantastic weekend but I still think he can be happy after destroying his team mate. Lando Norris had a blinder for McLaren coming 6th, they seem to be doing much better now Alonso is gone….oh controversial.
Gasly needs to be right up Verstappens chuff or he won’t last more than a season at RB, he’s been disappointing so far.
Good race from Kimi, I still reckon he will get a podium this year some time. Renault having a mare again.
Some good wheel to wheel from Hamilton & Vettel and Hamilton will take the win but he was very gracious about it, good sportsmanship you could really tell he was genuinely gutted for Charles. Bottas lucky the SC kept him from finishing 30+ seconds behind his team mate. Vettel folding under pressure again, that’s his 5th big mistake in the past 10 races, I hope he regains his composure and comes back strong or his Ferrari days might come to a close very soon.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Actually, with the type of damage to Charles' engine.

It seems Ferrari are running much higher power through their ice than Mercedes - quicker down the straights but not through corners. Charles was pushing harder than Vettel too. They might have pushed too far?

If they have to crack open the engine to fix a cylinder then that's him one engine down already is it not? And possibly a penalty?

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
You could be right, Ferrari were fast on the straights maybe they are turning up a notch into unchartered territory. Seems to be speculation that they were protecting something on the ICE in Australia but if that was the case then why did Vettel ask during the race why they were so slow? Were they hiding something and not telling the drivers? I don’t think they would do that.

They won’t be fixing anything in the engine, once that happens you just throw it away after some testing to figure out what went wrong. I imagine the engine was chartered back to Maranello last night and they already know exactly what went wrong. I doubt they will take any chances trying to repair anything even if they were allowed, he drove a fairly long way with a limp.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Next outing is another power circuit with the longest straight of the season. Time will tell I guess.

Mercedes seem to be taking it all very calmly, no sign of panic, just the usual generic "we have to analyse", etc. Playing the long game?

Could also be that Ferrari turned up the wick a bit more for Le Clerk, used his car as a guinea pig?

Tin foil at the ready, lol 😂😂😂

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Who knows, @da.murf. It depends on whether Mick is up to the job, if he has a good year in F2 this year he could well be considered, maybe for 2021. I would say Ferrari have their eye on Verstappen as well.

Fairytale stuff if Mick does make it to a Ferrari race seat.

Dave..

RMS Regular

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Apparently an electrical issue, not mechanical in the end.

Just hope it won't mean he'll be held back in a lower power mode or something...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Azerbailjan this weekend. Also Formula E in Rome.

Not holding my breath for much action on a street circuit like Baku, but hey, last weekend turned out to be great so who knows.

Here's something to keep you all occupied during the "race" 😇

The biggest challenge is working out how it works :joy: I managed six questions right, I'm a friggin' genius 🤪

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Bottas showing Hamilton what a quick driver can do in the Mercedes

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.