F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Well with F1 2018 wrapped up and Mercedes & Lewis Hamilton doing the double again it’s time to start focusing on 2019. Will it be more of the same? Bottas has a winless season so I’m sure he’s going to come back more determined than ever. Vettel has a lot to think about over the break too. Hopefully the regulation changes mainly in the aerodynamic region will help the new cars get through the dirty air a bit better and tighten up the field. A lot of driver changes, HAAS & Mercedes the only teams keeping the driver line up the same. It’s probably the most in a single season that I can remember. Some new guns have been tossed out and some old dogs have been given another chance.

MERCEDES
Lewis Hamilton
Valtteri Bottas

FERRARI

Sebastian Vettel
Charles Leclerc

RED BULL

Max Verstappen
Pierre Gasly

RENAULT

Daniel Ricciardo
Nico Hulkenberg

HAAS

Romain Grosjean
Kevin Magnussen

FORCE INDIA

Sergio Perez
Lance Stroll

MCLAREN

Carlos Sainz
Lando Norris

TORO ROSSO

Daniil Kvyat
Alexander Albon

SAUBER

Kimi Raikkonen
Antonio Giovinazzi

WILLIAMS

George Russell
Robert Kubica

Dave..

RMS Regular
Merc should dump Bottas and employ Ocon but they won`t. Hopefully in 2020.
I would like to see Leclerc flying past Vettel,................

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
just got this from rachel at force india

last year i was surposed to go to the 2018 car release date at silver stone ( while the i would have seen williams and merc ffs )

The 2018 season might be over, but F1 never stops

Why do Black Friday when you can do Cyber Monday?

Just when you thought all the bargains were gone, we’re offering a great deal on our exclusive F1 factory tours here at Racing Point Force India.

Come and see just what it takes to go racing 21 times a year with the F1 circus.

On the tour you’ll be taken around the real factory and see the real processes that we use to make our super quick pink cars.

We’ve had over 350 visitors through our factory since the start of this programme and every single guest has left us more informed, more engaged and more in love with the sport than ever before.

We’re taking the VAT off and giving you a 20% discount if you order and complete your purchase today. So that’s just £160 + VAT instead of our usual £200 + VAT.

This offer expires at midnight UK time, so get ordering.

Please email rachel.moroney@forceindiaf1-tours.com to place your order.

We can’t wait to see you here.

Copyright © 2017 Force India F1 Tours All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Force India F1 Tours · Dadford Road · Silverstone, Northamptonshire NN12 8TG
open.php

Dave..

RMS Regular
just got this from rachel at force india

last year i was surposed to go to the 2018 car release date at silver stone ( while the i would have seen williams and merc ffs )

The 2018 season might be over, but F1 never stops

Why do Black Friday when you can do Cyber Monday?

Just when you thought all the bargains were gone, we’re offering a great deal on our exclusive F1 factory tours here at Racing Point Force India.

Come and see just what it takes to go racing 21 times a year with the F1 circus.

On the tour you’ll be taken around the real factory and see the real processes that we use to make our super quick pink cars.

We’ve had over 350 visitors through our factory since the start of this programme and every single guest has left us more informed, more engaged and more in love with the sport than ever before.

We’re taking the VAT off and giving you a 20% discount if you order and complete your purchase today. So that’s just £160 + VAT instead of our usual £200 + VAT.

This offer expires at midnight UK time, so get ordering.

Please email rachel.moroney@forceindiaf1-tours.com to place your order.

We can’t wait to see you here.

Copyright © 2017 Force India F1 Tours All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Force India F1 Tours · Dadford Road · Silverstone, Northamptonshire NN12 8TG
open.php
Are you going?

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
i would like to but haven’t booked anything with them yet

if your crafty with dates you could see the unveiling off the 2019 cars and meet drivers

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v

open.php

Wonder what you get on the tour for your £240. I'd love a tour of an F1 factory.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The Classic Team Lotus tour is only £45 and includes just about every Lotus F1 car ever made, at touching distance.

Not anything current obviously, but all the properly cool cars :cool:

You'll see some of them in pieces on the workshop floor as they are all still driven and raced regularly.

If you're lucky one of the owners will be there taking their toy for a spin on the test track!

It's a brilliant tour, especially for anyone with a slightly nerdy interest in F1 history.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Got the same from Force India @carmad. Also got an email from Redbull with a few select dates. £250+ doesn’t really suit to book this side of Christmas but may look into it again in the new year, although I’d imagine it’ll be sold out.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I know, it's Benson, lol, but a decent summary of the issues at stake.
Formula 1: Seven key issues facing the sport's bosses for the 2019 season

Next year looks like little more than window dressing.

In 2020 all team contracts are up for renewal, plus quite a few "classic" circuits. That will be crunch time, the 2021 regs will surely be part of that.

Can't see any quick resolution to the tyres. They are the way they are on purpose, the cars are just way too fast, it could be carnage if they were actually going flat out. Or at least I suspect that's what is feared. That said, the endurance cars are just as fast and they do go flat out among far slower cars, so hey, who knows.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I know, it's Benson, lol, but a decent summary of the issues at stake.
Formula 1: Seven key issues facing the sport's bosses for the 2019 season

Next year looks like little more than window dressing.

In 2020 all team contracts are up for renewal, plus quite a few "classic" circuits. That will be crunch time, the 2021 regs will surely be part of that.

Can't see any quick resolution to the tyres. They are the way they are on purpose, the cars are just way too fast, it could be carnage if they were actually going flat out. Or at least I suspect that's what is feared. That said, the endurance cars are just as fast and they do go flat out among far slower cars, so hey, who knows.
= Another boring year of cars following each other with a few Max and Vettel mistakes to hopefully keep you awake.......................

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Formula E will be live on BBC this coming season, starting with the first race of 2019 this weekend. Yes, that's right, the first race of 2019 is in 2018 :joy:

Formula E: Why refreshed and recharged electric racing series is a must watch

Haven't watched a full race before, only one or two part races. Seemed a bit gimmicky.

Some changes this year that might improve things, like no car swapping mid race. But they still have the stupid "fan boost", and now also some sort of additional boost for using unusual lines, etc., Mario style. Ah well :joy:

Might be worth a watch at the weekend just to see.

Edit: just noticed it's on red button. Does that mean it won't be on iPlayer catchup then?

Dave..

RMS Regular
Formula E will be live on BBC this coming season, starting with the first race of 2019 this weekend. Yes, that's right, the first race of 2019 is in 2018 :joy:

Haven't watched a full race before, only one or two part races. Seemed a bit gimmicky.

Some changes this year that might improve things, like no car swapping mid race. But they still have the stupid "fan boost", and now also some sort of additional boost for using unusual lines, etc., Mario style. Ah well :joy:

Edit: just noticed it's on red button. Does that mean it won't be on iPlayer catchup then?
I think It can`t be recorded, not handy.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, it's on red button so only way to record it is to be there when it starts to press the record button as it can't be scheduled...

It says it will be on iPlayer, but not clear if it's only live or if you can get it on catchup later. If it's only live then I'm out, lol.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Yes, it's on red button so only way to record it is to be there when it starts to press the record button as it can't be scheduled...

It says it will be on iPlayer, but not clear if it's only live or if you can get it on catchup later. If it's only live then I'm out, lol.
Not very handy, won`t be watching it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You can view BBC Sport output as well as listen to our radio sports programming on the BBC iPlayer.

The BBC Sport website is available via desktop, mobile, tablet and app, giving easy access to the live stream, text commentaries, news, reports and schedules. The BBC Sport app is available free on Apple and Android devices.

Not exactly a conclusive answer, lol :joy: I guess we'll see at the weekend.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg

The Formula E cars seem so brittle to me, touch wheels and they just fall to bits. Anyone else notice that?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, the whole thing seems a bit gimmicky. More a giant PR exercise than actual racing. I imagine there is a lot of plastic and carbon in there to keep weight down and get a semi-decent range out of them,

The cars do look great though, like straight out of Tron :cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lewis came off a racing bike on his holidays. Think it was Webber who got injured on a mountain bike on Tasmania on another winter break.

These are active people doing different things to stay fit or relax or both

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.