F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
its a bit mad, you expect someone like that to retire eventually, but then, you just never know.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Still nobody any wiser :joy:

Clearly sandbagging going on unless Ferrari and RB have taken huge steps backwards in the last week, lol. Which they haven't :innocent:

We don't even know if this is the true pace of the Mercedes.

Roll on tomorrow and see what's what :cool:

pablo

RMS Moderator
oh dear williams

53754236_1297677877055858_4586953238799974400_o.jpg

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
The RB of Max looks very quick. They said Honda have been bench testing their engines non-stop for 3 whole race weekends with zero failures, and Honda have the qualifying/party mode that Ferrari & Mercedes have, looks like a great package. I don't think Ferrari have any reason to sandbag anymore since they aren't focusing on long runs, but maybe they are, we’ll see in FP3. I definitely know Verstappen doesn’t have a sandbagging bone in his body, good to see Gasly right up his chuff too in FP2. Hope Kimi keeps the pace up, he was faster than Leclerc I can see a podium for Kimi this year.

How can Williams be so far behind with a Mercedes engine? Dear me. I still don't understand why Kubica is back, I mean good for him and everything it’s a good comeback story but let’s be honest, he was in his prime 11 years ago when he was in full health, he hasn't raced in F1 in 9 years yet Ocon is out a seat, he had some great drives last year.
Can't wait for quali!

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
I agree. It is a bit of a joke when you think about it. What other top tier world class sport team brings back someone who's been out for 9 years and had to have the part of their body reattached that they need to compete in said sport? I hope he hangs in there with everyone else this season but he should be utilized in other roles within the team in my opinion. Williams are going in the complete wrong direction.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Honestly F1 this weekend? has to be the most low key start to a season. Thought this yank crowd would have been more on their game. If you dont have sky how would you even know it starts this weekend.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
So Ferrari wern’t sandbagging and are 7 tenths off the pace.

Yay........

Similar gap to last year. Mercedes looked genuinely surprised by the gap to Ferrari but Melbourne is an odd circuit so will be interesting to see how it plays out come Bahrain. Thought Bottas had it but not quite, great job by both Mercedes drivers.

Kudos to Lando Norris on his effort to get into Q3 on his debut qualifying session. Hopefully Carlos has a better race than qualifying.

Honestly F1 this weekend? has to be the most low key start to a season. Thought this yank crowd would have been more on their game. If you dont have sky how would you even know it starts this weekend.

Unfortunately this is what we have thanks to a deal signed a couple of years back. Channel 4’s coverage is even further restricted this year, 1 live race (British GP), they aren’t allowed to do a grid walk or interview drivers in ‘the pen’ and they can’t show race highlights until several hours after the chequered flag.

BBC do some great stuff on the BBC Sport website and the 5Live commentary is fantastic but nothing like watching it.

K55

RMS Regular
Channel 4’s coverage is even further restricted this year, 1 live race (British GP), they aren’t allowed to do a grid walk or interview drivers in ‘the pen’ and they can’t show race highlights until several hours after the chequered flag.

How pathetic....

Reactions: DC.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Similar gap to last year. Mercedes looked genuinely surprised by the gap to Ferrari but Melbourne is an odd circuit so will be interesting to see how it plays out come Bahrain. Thought Bottas had it but not quite, great job by both Mercedes drivers.

Kudos to Lando Norris on his effort to get into Q3 on his debut qualifying session. Hopefully Carlos has a better race than qualifying.

Unfortunately this is what we have thanks to a deal signed a couple of years back. Channel 4’s coverage is even further restricted this year, 1 live race (British GP), they aren’t allowed to do a grid walk or interview drivers in ‘the pen’ and they can’t show race highlights until several hours after the chequered flag.

BBC do some great stuff on the BBC Sport website and the 5Live commentary is fantastic but nothing like watching it.

Jaysus I didn’t realise it was so restricted. I think I’ll be getting the sky package for £10 for F1 channels.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just watch the C4 highlights, works just fine for me at least. I watch on catchup or recorded anyway so I can ff past the "lift and coast" bits, lol :innocent:

Supports the fta option as well instead of being bullied into paying Sky.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
At least we know who's been sandbagging, lol :cool:

The in-car video is seriously impressive. You really get the sense of how fast these cars really are, and how hard the drivers have to work.

I think everyone was hoping it would be closer but looks like Mercedes have done a great job again. They even seemed surprised themselves.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Haven't watched anything yet, but had hoped for a Vettel improvement, however, I'll take bottas by 20secs over Hamilton any day of the week.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Good to hear the drivers says it’s easy/easier to follow the car in-front. Bahrain should allow for better racing.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
No sign of the fabled easier overtaking. Pretty much business as usual up front.

Great job by Bottas, and a nice one by Max on Vettel. That was it, lol :joy:

Shame to see Leclerc wasn't allowed past Vettel. Ferrari did say they were putting everything on Vettel so fair enough in that sense. But not nice to see one driver held back in the first race like that.

Good to see the Honda is working for RB. McL seem to have swapped blowing up Hondas for blowing up Renaults, lol - maybe it was McL all along and not Honda :innocent:

Lots going on behind the top three, very close, great racing.

As someone else said before, Melbourne is a bit of an odd track. Next couple of races should clear things up. Hard to believe Ferrari would have permanently gone backwards like that.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.