F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Vettel was the same at RB in his last year when Ricciardo stepped up the game there. Just wasn't even trying any more when he got under pressure and wasn't leading from the front, or at least that's what it looked like.

Easy to kick a man when he's down though, he's still a four time world champion. Just doesn't look like there's a plan to move the game up. Nowhere really for him to go in F1 either.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Another decent opinion column from Palmer:

Swings and roundabouts and all that. Ok, it was Ferrari at Monza, maybe it was a special case. And it kept the race alive. And it didn't really affect any real outcome.

But...

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Palmer is pretty good at the opinion articles for such a crap F1 driver!

Personally, I think the decision taken was fair enough, a step back from constant penalties which just ruin the race is a good thing, particularly when nothing happened. Test will be to see if something else similar happens this year and how the stewards treat it.

The beauty of the sport is that rules and interpretation of same can change from year to year, so precedent doesn't really come into it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
He's right though, it will come to a head as soon as there is a coming together. Which there will be. Let Ferrari off the hook and everyone will be at it.

And then it's back full circle.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Has anyone ever tried Rich Energy or even seen it anywhere? I haven't. Was looking forward to trying some at the USGP this year....

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I imagine it is as vile and horrible as RB and Gatorade and all the others 😇

RE do seem more like a shell company than anything real, haven't seen them either. But I haven't particularly looked for them so that might be why...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Barcelona is great even without a race on top! Combine with a weekend in San Sebastian, trip sold 😅

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Americas 😇

Suzuka would be one amazing trip!

Spa and Monza obviously.

Done the Americas several times & going back again in a few weeks its my favourite all round event. Done Monza, it was a bit too mental Malaysia was awesome, Silverstone has the best atmosphere imo, Russia was ok but the wife hated it & Monaco is well Monaco. Suzuka is definitely one I want to do! I'd love to do Abu Dhabi too.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, that's some list 😅

If you liked Malaysia then maybe try Singapore?

Abu Dhabi is just some tarmac in a desert, usually devoid of people? Doesn't look very interesting to be honest.

Aim for Spa or Barcelona instead :innocent:

Oh, and Kemen are just up the road from Barcelona, only saying, lol 😁 And San Sebastian was no joke 😎

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
If I lived closer I'd do all the European tracks! Singapore is a good shout. Always wanted to do Spa and might as well hang around for Monza again too. I want to try Mexico & Brazil but don't want to star in a kidnapping video on YouTube either.
A Kemen visit would be dangerous. Do I just mention your name and they throw out the red carpet? :laughing:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
If I lived closer I'd do all the European tracks! Singapore is a good shout. Always wanted to do Spa and might as well hang around for Monza again too. I want to try Mexico & Brazil but don't want to star in a kidnapping video on YouTube either.
A Kemen visit would be dangerous. Do I just mention your name and they throw out the red carpet? :laughing:

Pretty much, lol - you'll meet lovely Iohanna, get wined and dined, and then leave with everything in the shop just because they're so nice 😅

Brazil would be awesome but I would fear for my safety too!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
And Hulkenberg off to some other series I guess. That's a bit rough, but he might be better off for it.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Hoping Hulkenberg returns to Williams but they may be persuaded by Latifi’s millions. Think Kubica was bringing $10m per year.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
What's the point for Hulkenberg to sit at the back of the field in the Williams though?

He'd do well in Formula E or sports cars/endurance or something like that. And probably have more fun too.

Would be a good move for Williams, but they need cash more than anything else.

Which is probably why Grosjean is staying at Haas as well.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.