F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
And technically Hugo Boss was a team sponsor until 2018 when the team apparel was taken over by Tommy Hilfiger

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
🙈🙈🙈

I honestly can't belive you actually wrote that Stevy... Trolling is one thing, even being downright stupid might be ok, but that? Seriously?

Jaysus wept...

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
reading today that more F1 drivers are not going to take the knee at the next race. i have nothing but respect for them and for F1 in allowing them to choose. Time for the premier league to do the same. it will be interesting to see how many sportsmen take the knee when spectators are back again.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Anybody seen the onboard last two laps with Lando? Excellent driving and team work with the team over radio. After turn 5 or so you really get an idea of how quick those cars cover ground

Last edited:

Dave..

RMS Regular
Anybody seen the onboard last two laps with Lando? Excellent driving and team workout with the team over radio. After turn 5 or so you really get an idea of how quick those cars cover ground
I didn’t see it but it was fantastic when he came 3rd. Big deal for the team on helping get more money.

SlowRider

RMS Regular
Do we know if Mercedes actually used DAS during the race? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The rule goes something like this:

“ 27) DRIVING
27.1 The driver must drive the car alone and unaided. ”

McLaren may get a warning or whatever for it.

But when you see and hear all that the driver has to do with regards to engine modes, toggle switches, overtake buttons etc it’s no wonder they receive advice over the wireless.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Do we know if Mercedes actually used DAS during the race? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

I don't know for sure. As far as I can tell it has primarily been a tool for managing tyre temperatures. I don't know if it has ever been used as a cornering tool while racing.

To be honest I think it is more of a gimmick than a major advantage. But every little helps in this sport...

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4

I saw it being used on the on boards a couple of times but can’t remember if it was when they were racing or if it was under the safety car.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI

I think they only use it on warmup laps- say in qualifying or during the laps behind the SC. All to do with front tyre temperature and preserving the life of the front tyres. Little in the way of straighline performance.

Robert

RMS Trader
I think they only use it on warmup laps- say in qualifying or during the laps behind the SC. All to do with front tyre temperature and preserving the life of the front tyres. Little in the way of straighline performance.

It will be interesting to see if it is of any benefit on the tracks where tyre life is a big issue.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
They must be confident about saying they spent @ 2 years trying to get it on to the car. Then the FIA went and banned it for next year 😆

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Awesome!

C9F99A7A-2C48-4DA2-B900-0B5BFAEEC848.png

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Yeah teams will have very little to go on.

Only worry is that, whilst its wide enough for racing in MotoGP, is it wide enough for F1? Track is quite narrow, and with lots of long fast corners creating dirty air, could be a procession.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.