F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The fight for the places just off the podium is what’s keeping my interest at the moment. Shame it’s like this for the next 18 months at least.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Hamilton again completely unchallenged. Though, has anyone noticed the put stop times for Bottas and Hamilton? Bottas’s stops are quicker most of the time! Bottas’s skiwear one today was 2.6 and Hamilton’s was 3.6 from memory....

I’ve noticed this a few times over the last year.

Vettel again showing he has lost his edge. Quite a few silly mistakes including one when he wasn’t really under any pressure from Albon!

Tell me again why any other team should sign him?

Dave..

RMS Regular
I am feeling I am losing a lot of interest in F1. With Merc and Hamilton domination for another 2 years it just bores the life out of me.
It was very boring today and as I was watching it live I couldn’t fast forward it 😂😂

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
It was very boring today and as I was watching it live I couldn’t fast forward it 😂😂

I just cancelled my subscriptions. At the end of the day for me sport is a form of entertainment and right now its just not entertaining me to devote time and money into watching it.

Zach57

RMS Regular
I am feeling I am losing a lot of interest in F1. With Merc and Hamilton domination for another 2 years it just bores the life out of me.
I spent more time reading this thread than I did watching the race and it’s on channel 4 right in front of me.
Mercedes and Lewis have it won, Valtteri has his moments but he needs to be like that every race to compete for the championship, the battle for 3rd is the only excitement I get from it.

Robert

RMS Trader
It was good to see a change in positions off the start but I was really hoping to see a stronger race from the racing points. Although Max can be very hot headed and immature at times, today showed how composed he can be after a nightmare lap to the grid. Hats off to the RB mechanics, deffo some of if not the best on the grid.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not a bad effort by Bottas given he flunked the start, but can't flunk starts if he wants to challenge Lewis...

Sterling job by Max and RB. Albon did well to get it up as far as he did after the team let him down in quali. Great battles between Albon and Ferrari.

Great stuff with Norris and Sainz against Ferrari as well.

Vettel had a pretty decent day, still silly mistakes as soon as he gets under pressure though.

Bad day at the office for LeClerk, team let him down with the tyre choice.

Perez disappeared just when he needed to show his worth over Stroll... Maybe he knows something we don't and just can't be bothered, lol :innocent:

Untouchable up front. Best driver on the grid in the best car on the grid, no contest. Not just leagues ahead of the field, but leagues ahead of his team mate too.

Boring? Well, one-sided up front for sure. But the battles behind were really quite good. I guess watching the highlights is better for that.

MarkM

RMS Regular
How to build a team around you, get stuck in!
CA3C524B-E75B-4DAA-A099-B7664E5EF027.png

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Must say, the Channel 4 highlights are enough when coupled with the F1 youtube channel. I dont think I could be arsed with watching it live if I ever betrayed my principles and paid sky for the 'privilage'.

Hamilton is much stronger than the rest of the field and the best drivers generally get the best cars.

Surprised to see some saying Bottas is mediocre, I don't personally see that, especially when Perez is being lauded.

It's great to see Mclaren not doing dreadfully anymore too.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, agree calling Bottas and Albon mediocre is unfair. They just happen to be paired with the two best drivers on the grid right now, and those two make literally anyone else look mediocre in the same car... Good car, bad car, good conditions, bad conditions, those two seem to be able to get the best out of whatever they are given more than any other drivers right now.

Bottas was good to start with and has come a very long way since joining Mercedes. I'd rate him above Rosberg for sure despite the latter holding a (fluke...) world championship. Bottas' biggest problem is being paired with Lewis!

pablo

RMS Moderator
Bottas should have had second place yesterday, no question. Max was a sitting duck and ok he got lucky with the traffic on the last lap but still Bottas had everything going for him

Dave..

RMS Regular
Bottas should have had second place yesterday, no question. Max was a sitting duck and ok he got lucky with the traffic on the last lap but still Bottas had everything going for him
Agree, he just doesn`t seem to go the extra bit when needed. It is like he hasn`t the push to be the best. I would love to see Norris in the Merc as he does have the extra push needed.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Only really one corner where you can overtake in Hungary though and Max is a hard one to pass at the best of times. He can make the car wider than the track, lol.

So do you go all or nothing against Max on the last lap, or take third for the team and manufacture points? That's the calculation there.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Only really one corner where you can overtake in Hungary though and Max is a hard one to pass at the best of times. He can make the car wider than the track, lol.
He can win if he is at the front as in no.1 but he doesn`t have the special spark/hunger needed to pass and win every weekend.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
That definitely does not merit him being 'mediocre'. Especially in a field with Grosjean and Perez!

I'd say calling Rosberg's championship a fluke was unfair also, appreciate that Hamilton's car did have a lot of mechanical issues but the work he put in to get into Hamilton's head, and the physical and mental training to do it too was impressive, eg working out that 1kg of body weight is worth 0.04 second of a lap, and giving up cycling to lower hi body weight to make up time.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
i think skys vote should be called "racer of the day" instead of driver of the day. Hamilton was 2nd or something, no idea why, seemed to be a boring day at the office for him, ignoring managing tyres

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Can’t wait for Imola. Not only is it a fantastic circuit but the whole two-day weekend format should help make it even better.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.