F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Holy cr@p!! Exciting first few laps, then dull as hell and then those final few laps! What a mental finish!

Cue the Hamilton haters begging for penalties to take the win away from him!

What the hell was going on with Grosjean?? Dodgy as hell, or to use Riccardo’s words “that was sketchy”. Grosjean definitely deserves some form of reprimand for those manoeuvre’s.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Next week should make for a different race with the softer Pirelli’s and the forecast higher temperatures.

Always thought the race for 4th would be the best today but didn’t imagine it would be that close at the end. If Ocon had got past Stroll earlier he could have chased the McLaren’s and his teammate, Ricciardo, that much sooner. Strong race for Renault.

Racing Point must be disappointed - arguably the 3rd fastest car but little to show for it today. Hulkenberg won’t forget this weekend in a hurry :neutral:

Poor showings from Albon, Vettel and Raikkonen. Kimi’s career going end on a whimper at this rate.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
See I wonder if they’ll go for a softer compound after today? Three front left failures and one rear
right?

The fronts looked like sidewall failure rather than tread failure.

They might review that decision.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Might force them into a two-stop race. There would be have been more failures today if it wasn’t for the two SC periods.
Without a doubt! Yea it’s gonna have to be at least a two stop next week on softer tyres!

Reactions: DC.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Those last few laps fairly woke me up. The tyres take some beating, 50+ laps of Silverstone on an F1 car is mental, hitting over 5Gs several times in a lap. Pirelli were quick to cover up Lewis' tyre when he pulled in. Lewis was lucky indeed, if his came off the rim like Carlos it would have been a different story, actually impressed that he drove the proper circuit, didn't cut any corners etc to finish. Definitely one of the strangest wins I've seen. RB were a bit shortsighted bringing Max in instead of keeping him out to push Hamilton. Kimi doesn't have a contract for next year so I'm sure he will retire. Grosjean doesn't belong in F1, he's always been an imbecile. Bottas was keeping Hamilton honest the whole race, really pushing each other, he deserved a better result. Danny Ric was keeping quiet and finished 4th, great result for him & Ocon too. Albons walking on thin ice and involved in another similar incident, touching wheels he really needs to get his head down. Leclerc doing a great job with Ferrari, there to pick up the pieces once again, he's quickly becoming one of my favorite drivers. I think Russell is going to be amazing in the right car too. Vettel barely staying in the points, has he given up? should he even try to stay in F1? Big bummer for Hulk not getting to start, I'm sure Perez wasn't complaining but I think he will get another chance this weekend.
If drivers aren't allowed to drive if they test positive, this championship could be up in the air if Hamilton catches it. He better stay in a bubble and not be out gallivanting.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Vettel has said pre-race that he had no confidence in the car. He said that he just couldn’t get the balance right. Which I find odd given that Le Clerc is driving a near identical car and he’s getting results.

So yea, I think Vettel has given up. He’s certainly not the racer he once was. Can’t blame it on age because Hamilton nearly the same age and is dominating. Admittedly he has a far better car, but even still, as you said @stevyg Bottas was keeping Hamilton honest and Hamilton never made a mistake, even when he had only three wheels!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Vettel already has four championships, and unlikely to get any more. Nothing left to prove, achieved all he can, time to retire to some nice relaxing sports car racing 😎

The same goes for Kimi. He never should have signed up for Alfa, should have called it a day before and left with a little bit of dignity.

It's sad watching both of them. Vettel in a team with no realistic chance of challenging for a championship? That's going to end well...

It will probably be the same with Alonso at Renault as well.

There is a theme here, lol 😅

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
if you look at ferrari apart from schumacher, it seems to be the downfall of F1 drivers careers. Can you think of one ex ferrari driver that went on to do bigger and better things?
I had to look that up. Mansell left them in 1990 and went on to win the title with Williams in '92. Apart from that (and Schumacher), it's been pretty much a retirement home for F1 drivers.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
But that's really because Ferrari have been so dominant in the past though. Leaving them meant going up against them, which usually meant losing.

What did Schumacher achieve in F1 after he left Ferrari?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I meant with the exception of Mansell doing well after leaving Ferrari and Schumacher spending the pinacle of his career at Ferrari, there are very few drivers of note you could add to that list.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Makes a bit of sense with regards to sponsors etc American team attracting South American driver who brings mucho Mexican monies. Plus he’s an upgrade on both their current drivers.

Harsh on Perez as he’s better than Stroll and Vettel.

SlowRider

RMS Regular
It won't happen this year but if there were a few seats open would Papa Stroll be saying "right son, it's time to go it alone"?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
That would be an one awkward family Christmas 😅 😁

I think if he was going to do that then he already would have. So probably no. Get a decent driver in one seat and keep the other for Lance to have a play in seems to be the plan.

SlowRider

RMS Regular
I think that plan was fine when it was just him investing but now it's AM they need to get value for money. If there's a better driver available AND an open seat in another team it could happen. I don't believe Lance would be left out in the cold with nowhere to go.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.