F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
And AM = Stroll Sr, so it's still pretty much his money to do with as he pleases.

But yes, as they move up the rankings the game changes. Just depends.

They're still a customer car outfit as things stand.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
perez to me has always been an average driver and he didn’t like being pushed by ocon ( see spa when he put him up the wall )

i dunno if vettal has gave up ya cannot just loose talent and experience ( i would think the red team are giving lecler all the shinny new parts )

lewis has out classed bottas ( as much as i don’t like him off track ) and it will show over the next couple off races he has this one in the bag unless he has some bad luck and unfortunately for us if he does beat shumacs record we will never hear the end off it

vettal in a pink merc could be fun next year 🤷‍♂️

alonso in the mix and no kimi next year will be a odd line up

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Interesting

2EB04873-4E46-40F6-8242-8D4C69A9C9E8.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
So that's basically a slap on the wrist for a wee technicality and then carry on?

If anyone is going to kick up a fuss about RP being a Mercedes customer car then they need to do the same with Haas (last year's Ferrari), Alfa-Tauri (last year's RB), and so on.

The whole thing is just genuinely ridiculous. First allowing customer cars to keep costs down, and then people getting all upset over teams using customer cars 🙈 Just because one of them happens to be quick this year 😅

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
View attachment 290280
I am surprised at that as Haas has a Ferrari but with their colours, I am sure RP will appeal.
It’s the aerodynamic surfaces are up for discussion. Hass aerodynamically is supposedly designed by a third party. In the rules all aerodynamic surfaces can’t be bought or copied from another team. Now how much of it can be different if you’re using a Ferrari rear suspension and gearbox who knows but I would say it is sufficiently different that it’s not a problem.

If the brake ducts are deemed illegal how much else is also? Renault apparently have a former Racing Point engineer providing some of this information.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's genuinely ridiculous. Everyone knows these cars are copies of last year's Ferrari/RB/Mercedes/whatever. It's the whole point of the exercise as otherwise there would just be half a dozen teams on the grid.

The whole "designed by a third party" is just lawyer speak for "have somebody else draw a part that by complete coincidence happens to be identical to the same part from RB/Mercedes/Ferrari".

It's the legal vehicle in the rules allowing customer cars in the first place.

The only reason Renault are kicking up a fuss about RP is because RP happen to be quick this year whereas AT and Haas are not.

And RP will just add some token bit of plastic on the part and go "look, we designed this part ourselves" even though it is still identical to last year's Mercedes.

And life goes on.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.