F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Consensus so far seems to be Mercedes good, Ferrari not so good, Williams step up. For what it's worth, lol.

Maybe Ferrari are sandbagging or whatever. Too soon to tell. They don't seem to have changed the fundamental aero approach, just tweaked it. That was both their strong and weak point last year and wasn't an advantage in the end.

Does anyone know if they still have their magic valve thing in the hybrid system that "allowed" a bit more power? Or is that definitely banned now?

The one thing nobody is talking about is RB. They've been quietly working away and look in very good shape.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
RB look quick but car seems nervous. Looks like another walk in the park for Mercedes this year.

Midfield should be a good battle, hope to see Sainz do well again this year.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I think Mercedes are well ahead. Listening to those who have watched it lap Barcelona is as good an indicator as any and they all think, in every sector, it’s ahead.

I only hope the midfield is a closer to the front as last year was a 2-tier championship.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Vietnamese GP in serious doubt due to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak.
An international badminton event was scheduled the week prior to the GP has now been postponed.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It was announced earlier the Vietnamese GP was going ahead? Things might still change I guess.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The postponement of that badminton event so close to the GP would suggest it will change.

scub

Banned
I think Mercedes are well ahead. Listening to those who have watched it lap Barcelona is as good an indicator as any and they all think, in every sector, it’s ahead.

I only hope the midfield is a closer to the front as last year was a 2-tier championship.
another pointless viewing experience from f1 then.
used to love f1 but now it's Monaco & maybe spa. total waste of time as a "sport"

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Unfortunately it could end up that way unless Red Bull and Ferrari make a go of it.

The total global TV audience stood at 1.922bn for 2019, the highest since 2012, an increase of 9% compared to 2018.

The real hope is that next years cars will be a major step forward in terms of looks and their ability to race closely.

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
Unfortunately it could end up that way unless Red Bull and Ferrari make a go of it.

The total global TV audience stood at 1.922bn for 2019, the highest since 2012, an increase of 9% compared to 2018.

The real hope is that next years cars will be a major step forward in terms of looks and their ability to race closely.
What I read was the audience went up because more countries had free to air coverage in 2019. In the UK the audience continued to decline as the amount of free to air coverage was greatly reduced. The main reason C4 have been given more coverage in 2020 is to try and get back the lost audience.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Any increase in free-to-air coverage is always welcome but it’s the same as any sport - if it’s good people will want to watch.

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
I occasionally watch C4 highlights, I don't watch every race, and find their coverage quite good. I'm pleased that they're getting more race highlights this year. Just wish they'd get rid of the useless Welsh p***k that presents the show.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Record or watch on catchup (All4). Fast forward through all the chatty stuff before the race, nobody ever says anything interesting anyway, just the same corporate stuff, lol. Then step it up to 4x when it turns into a procession. Usually the start, pitstops and finish are enough :innocent:

That said, there were a few really good races last year. One of the better seasons in a good while despite Mercedes dominance in the end.

If they carry on the way they finished last year then it could be a good season to watch.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Record or watch on catchup (All4). Fast forward through all the chatty stuff before the race, nobody ever says anything interesting anyway, just the same corporate stuff, lol. Then step it up to 4x when it turns into a procession. Usually the start, pitstops and finish are enough :innocent:

That said, there were a few really good races last year. One of the better seasons in a good while despite Mercedes dominance in the end.

If they carry on the way they finished last year then it could be a good season to watch.
Thank goodness for fast forward. I enjoy listening to DC and Mark Webber.
For Monaco and other boring races I will use my phone and see who won.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ferrari have "settled" with FIA over their "innovative" fuel flow regulation workaround. No details about the agreement. I guess we'll see soon if they still have a power advantage.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Ferrari have "settled" with FIA over their "innovative" fuel flow regulation workaround. No details about the agreement. I guess we'll see soon if they still have a power advantage.

Nothing to see here.... Move along..... Sure innocent people settle all the time. :p

stevyg

RMS Regular
Anyone watched season 2 yet? Very good! Although it should be called HAAS - Drive To Survive. Gunther is hilarious, a good TV personality but I would not like him to be my boss, he has a few issues but dealing with the Circus he's in charge of I don't blame him :joy:

Dave..

RMS Regular
Anyone watched season 2 yet? Very good! Although it should be called HAAS - Drive To Survive. Gunther is hilarious, a good TV personality but I would not like him to be my boss, he has a few issues but dealing with the Circus he's in charge of I don't blame him :joy:
Brilliant. Gunther comes across as a complete d1ck. Even Toto asked him was he going to be a d1ck. I would hate his job.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Gunther is funny as ***. Love how he doesn't give a **** what other people think. Very like me in work actually. Brilliant series though.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
ive watched episode 1, trying to pace myself so i finish it just in time for next weekend.
you get the impression Danny Ric would easily be your best mate "im still australian, and still good looking" haha

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not without a court order, so not any time soon, if ever. Don't hold your breath.

Note the teams aren't actually asking for the details of the investigation. Just a clear statement of whether the Ferrari was legal at all times last year.

A lot riding on that, including manufacturer points and team payouts for last year.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just watched the Marrakech E-GP, not bad at all! Plenty of action, mostly towards the end as usual.

They're getting pretty accurate with the energy usage these days, down to the last electron across the line, lol 😁

All of it on iPlayer.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.