F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
I've no issue with Jones, think he is doing a grand job.
He's feckin rubbish, useless Welsh pr!ck, comes across as utterly pompous, arrogant arseh0le who thinks the show is about him.

Sorry to put a contradictory opinion to yours, something I never do, but I'll make an exception for Jones because I loathe the d!ck.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Christ almighty, what did the poor man ever do to you that was so bad???

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Made me laugh

182C5B82-06DE-4F5B-A98E-2793F8DF6D9B.jpeg

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Ferrari have "settled" with FIA over their "innovative" fuel flow regulation workaround. No details about the agreement. I guess we'll see soon if they still have a power advantage.

they donā€™t know what they developed or how boarder line legal it is and i think the reason they are keeping it quite is that it could be worth a fortune in their road cars

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's nothing to do with road cars. It's a specific "innovation" which appears to bypass the FIA fuel flow monitoring device, allegedly allowing them to use more fuel than they are supposed to within the regulations.

Nobody knows what the technical details are, and that is as it should be.

But the FIA need to be able to state if the Ferrari was legal or not at all times during last year's championship. They have not said one way or the other, but obviously that determination only needs to be kept secret of it were not positive for Ferrari.

A determination that the car was not legal at all times during last year's championship would have huge implications, from fines to challenging Ferrari manufacturer points, and with them theirs and other teams' allocation of prize money.

That is the bit everyone is upset about - was the Ferrari legal or not at all times during last year's championship?

And that question has not been answered one way or another with this "settlement".

stevyg

RMS Regular
The FIA released a statement and it doesn't really clear anything up. Basically they were conducting a further in-depth investigation on Ferraris engine because they weren't happy with the initial results and Ferrari paid them/"settled" for a fee which in a nut shell means Ferrari paid them to not carry out the further investigation. I'm not 100% sure but I do think settling an investigation for a fee is within the rules of the sport but still if I was any other team I'd be looking for some transparency and integrity from the FIA. Seems a bit sketchy to me considering the amount of light that was shone on the issue last year.

KevM

RMS Regular
Ferrari have likely rolled the dice and told the FIA they'd pull out of F1 if their brand was discredited by way of an investigation.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Ferrari have likely rolled the dice and told the FIA they'd pull out of F1 if their brand was discredited by way of an investigation.
I *hope the FIA are above that. You can't cheat then threaten to quit if you are exposed and get let off essentially. There wouldn't be a team left in F1 if that were the case.

KevM

RMS Regular
I *hope the FIA are above that. You can't cheat then threaten to quit if you are exposed and get let off essentially. There wouldn't be a team left in F1 if that were the case.

Reading above, you can 'buy out' of investigations. A brown envelope makes everything ok lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
A couple of different team members down with it. Good on McL to do the right thing.

The whole thing might be a bit a mad and massively hyped up and people can take different views on whether all this palaver really makes sense and all the rest of it.

But the whole point is trying to reduce the rate of infection so we get it gradually (we will all get it, there is no doubt about it, nobody is immune) rather than everyone getting it in one big bang.

To go ahead with a full race weekend, teams and spectators travelling all around the world to get down to Aus, and everyone locked up in the same spot.

Well, that's not too bright now is it?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
F1 has handled this whole situation terribly.

Any race within the next 6-8 weeks should be under consideration.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I suppose at this point it is all moot anyway. All spectators and all teams and all their entourage will already be there, all in the one place.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
It seemed like money first and peopleā€™s wellbeing second.
My 2 mates were going, luckily they were also visiting their sister living in Melbourne. Still kick in the guts to be all the way over there and it's cancelled!

The last time I went to a gp with him, it was Monza 2001, less than a week after the September 11th attacks, doh

stevyg

RMS Regular
F1 is postponed until End of May/June. Really?
If you're reading this, congratulations you have survived everything that the news media said was going to kill you in the last 20 years. Y2K, '01 Anthrax, '02 West Nile, '03 SARS, '05 Bird Flu, '06 E Coli, '08 A Bad Economy, '09 Swine Flu, '10 BP oil spill, '12 Myan Calendar, '13 North Korea, '14 Ebola, '15 ISIS, '16 Zika Virus, '17 Donald Trump, '18 Japanese Measles & '19 MERs.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
gutted to be honest i like watching the race and having a few tins on a sunday

but if thatā€™s what needs done so be it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.