F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Nobody else can drive that RB, for whatever reason. Will be really interesting to see how Perez does, but to be honest - Albon, Kvyat, Gasly, they have all had a go and could not drive the car. And they have all been driving brilliantly in the sister car both before and after.

As good as Perez has been this year he really isn't that much better than any of them.

Something about that RB just seems to make it a pig for everyone except Max. The only one who came close was Ric.

I think that is why RB are agonising so much over it too. They have already tried everybody else in their own stable.

Going with Perez or Hulk is really their only option left if they want to change. Just a matter of whether they do want to change.

Happy to be proven wrong!

KevM

RMS Regular
Shame for Albon as he looks racy sometimes but sub par compared to Max most of the time. Perez against Max looks more interesting if rumour holds.

It's such an obvious choice but there are so many mixed messages doing the rounds about will they won't they.

Horner did say, however, that he had some big decisions to make before he could relax for Christmas.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Great win for Max, he was on fire all weekend. Hamilton wasn't his usual self, he was catching Bottas a few laps from the end then I think a call came through to ensure he finished 2nd in the WDC and he backed way off. Ferrari having their worst season in 40-odd years I'm sure Vettel will be glad to get out of there. Sad for Perez ending his season and possibly his career with a DNF.
All in all it was a phenomenal season with some classic tracks, lots of races back to back, 2 first time winners and so many completely fresh podiums it was a shame to end the season with such a boring race.
Big shake up in terms of driver line up for next season and there's still some swapping to go on.

Shame for Albon as he looks racy sometimes but sub par compared to Max most of the time. Perez against Max looks more interesting if rumour holds.

Albon tried but had an awful season. Finished with less than half the points of his team mate and his team mate had 5 DNFs vs his 1 DNF. Poor performance all year. Max had 10 podiums & 2 wins vs Albons 2 podiums. I had high hopes for him but you can't expect to still have a seat at RedBull after a year like that.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
He has more points that Stroll and Vettel put together. Perhaps not fair on Vettel driving the worst Ferrari in decades but still.

KevM

RMS Regular
Perez wasn’t really all that up until a few races ago. You would think Senna had been reborn the way some folks are getting on.
Not at all, as Albon isn't setting the bar that high. Thats who we're suggesting he could replace, not Bottas or Hamilton for that matter

It's not that Perez is the world's greatest (George Russell took that crown last weekend after all 😜 ), it's more the fact that he is consistent and without a drive at the end of this year & he'd be falling short of the standard that's expected of him

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

Great news if true. Two top drivers in a top team can only mean better races. Its rare for Red Bull to go with a non RB driver like Perez but he's much better than anyone they have at present. I just hope he can get to grips with the RB car as it seems to not be the easiest thing to drive.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Perez wasn’t really all that up until a few races ago. You would think Senna had been reborn the way some folks are getting on.
Well, at least he hadn't yet resorted to shunting the competition off to live up to that 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Errrmmm... He is a pay driver too :innocent: 😅:monkey:

Definitely lifted his game this year and deserves a good drive (y)

MarkM

RMS Regular
290F4F42-26B6-4C3C-88BC-AF281AAA864C.jpeg

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Perez is a good solid paid driver. Does he deserve Albon's seat.... going by comparison of results yes but don't forget Albon deserved Gasly's seat last year and we all know how that has ended up for Albon in the end.

I believe that Redbull is focused on Max and the car is built around him - that will not be a good situation for any driver. I think we see a repeat of Albon this year for Perez unless the driving style of the car is closer to his own style. I doubt it somehow. I hope it goes well for him but I'm doubtful.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
End of season, end of thread.

New thread here:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.