F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I remember an article I read last year saying Renault had spent a billion dollars on its comeback as a works team. That is mega money to still be in the mid field.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I remember an article I read last year saying Renault had spent a billion dollars on its comeback as a works team. That is mega money to still be in the mid field.

Over how long was that? Ferraris budget for last year alone was $463 million. At that rate they'd be through a billion in 2 1/2 years or so. Mercedes and Red Bull were similar. F1 is horrendously expensive. This new budget cap will help alot. Though Ferrari and the other top team will complain.... Possibly alot.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
They were all complaining about the cost cap up to just a few weeks ago.

What's happening in the real world have brought all the big teams back to the table and the cuts have passed. None of them have tons of cash anymore.

Possibly except Red Bull, everyone still buys their ****, lol.

But certainly all the manufacturers are on their knees.

It's not pretty what's happening and it's not over yet.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Over how long was that? Ferraris budget for last year alone was $463 million. At that rate they'd be through a billion in 2 1/2 years or so. Mercedes and Red Bull were similar. F1 is horrendously expensive. This new budget cap will help alot. Though Ferrari and the other top team will complain.... Possibly alot.
This is the Autosport article about it. It's behind a pay wall now though.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
To be fair those 6 circuits, with perhaps the exception of Suzuka and Interlagos are probably the better ones in the calendar (in my humble opinion). Less Sochis and Shanghais are a good thing in my eyes. Looking forward to this season now.

Last edited:

Dave..

RMS Regular
Race season confirmed to start in July. Eight races in Europe confirmed, including Spa, and the rest still TBD. Finish in the middle east in December.

Even though I moan about the racing being boring I am looking forward to the first race.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Old tracks are best and generally produce better races.

The pecking order will be interesting as everyone was convinced Mercedes were far ahead pre-Australia.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, definitely the best circuits! I do like Suzuka and Interlagos too.

Could have done without Bahrain and Abu Dhabi, lol, but in fairness there are never any spectators there anyway so a closed door race would make no difference :innocent:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
_20200604_142528.JPG

Robert

RMS Trader
I’m looking forward to the double headers actually. Will be interesting to see if much can be learnt from the first race to mix up results for the second. With a week in between there is plenty of time for analysis and adjustments to car and strategy.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I’m looking forward to the double headers actually. Will be interesting to see if much can be learnt from the first race to mix up results for the second. With a week in between there is plenty of time for analysis and adjustments to car and strategy.
They should start the 2nd race at the same place in reverse order of the previous goes results. Mix thing up 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I really do think they should take the opportunity to do things like that. It's a bit of a lost season anyway, there will forever be the "was it a proper season" debate whoever wins and all that.

It's actually a chance to go "let's go wild and try different things and see what works or not".

Anyway, it won't happen, not in a million years, lol. But some sort of reverse grid would do F1 no end of good 😁

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
They should start the 2nd race at the same place in reverse order of the previous goes results. Mix thing up 😂
Similar was proposed and agreed by all the teams but Merc. Big Totto said 'nein'!. He's in a position to win and wants it to stay that way.

Robert

RMS Trader
I think Lewis would relish that opportunity, starting at the back not because of a balls up but because he qualified there. Would it not end up being a case of the top teams trying to qualify mid field to average their starting positions?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Perhaps they might see the benefit in double header weekends (less logicitics costs, one race on saturday, one on sunday). I know BTCC is a different discipline but having multiple races at the same venue could be the new norm.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I think Lewis would relish that opportunity, starting at the back not because of a balls up but because he qualified there. Would it not end up being a case of the top teams trying to qualify mid field to average their starting positions?
That’s why it should be done in the previous race results, they wouldn’t sacrifice a race win was they don’t want to start last in the next race

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.