F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Guys like Ricciardo, Norris, Sainz, Perez and Stroll must have loved that close racing. Completely different race compared to the 3 at the front. If we had Ferrari in there too it would have been even better.

The fight to be third best team will be the best part of this year’s championship, really close at the moment.

Only Bottas can stop Hamilton making it 7.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Max is clearly getting everything from that Red Bull and is still nowhere near the Mercedes of Hamilton.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So yea I agree with most of the above. It was Hamilton’s race to lose really. There was no one able to challenge him and that was evident by 12sec lead he had when he crossed the line.

Norris, what a drive in the last few laps. Sainz was definitely told to move over (and rightly so) for him which then released him to do what he did. But fair play to Sainz for getting that fastest lap

Verstappen, I mean on one hand he is clearly a very talented driver, possibly in the wrong team (I believe the car is holding him back), but on the other hand he is still a petulant little child. He practically huffed when the attempt at the undercut didn’t quite pay off.

Yet again the Ferrari circus continues. Ok Vettel probably was in the right this time, but clearly made the interview about him being the victim. LeClerc I feel was given a hard time when he got back to the Ferrari box as he was definitely brow beaten when he did his interview.

This season so far is going to be a Merc dominated season (again) with only Bottas to stop Hamilton from getting No.7, which I think is a tall order. Bottas’s consistency, whilst improving, still isn’t quite there.

Robert

RMS Trader
Norris is starting to look like the next British hopeful. Would have liked to see Max starting on mediums to mix up the strategy between him and the mercs, as was the case last week. Is it going to be a case of the top 3 running away all season?

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Have to say I also held a lot of hope that Albon would give Max more of a fight after seeing him progress at the end of last year but so far he is always that 3 or 4 tenths behind. I hope it’s circuit specific and next weekend he can challenge Max a bit more.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Have to say I also held a lot of hope that Albon would give Max more of a fight after seeing him progress at the end of last year but so far he is always that 3 or 4 tenths behind. I hope it’s circuit specific and next weekend he can challenge Max a bit more.

Albon is on borrowed time unfortunately, Red Bull owner wants Vettle brought ‘home’ and even though Horner doesn’t seem to agree we’ll see who has the final say!

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Albon is on borrowed time unfortunately, Red Bull owner wants Vettle brought ‘home’ and even though Horner doesn’t seem to agree we’ll see who has the final say!
Heard that on Sky also. Would make sense but to leave Albon without a drive would be unkind. Different it he was demoted to Toro Rosso and one of them going the other way but that won’t happen. To leave him high and dry would be awful but also would be vintage Helmut Marko.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Heard that on Sky also. Would make sense but to leave Albon without a drive would be unkind. Different it he was demoted to Toro Rosso and one of them going the other way but that won’t happen. To leave him high and dry would be awful but also would be vintage Helmut Marko.

Marko is actually against it, it’s the big boss dietrich mateschitz who wants him back, I’ve a lot of time for Albon and would hate so see his career cut short.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Vettel is done and Horner, along with many others can see it. Hell even Racing Point have turned him down!

The only thing Vettel has going for him is his 4 World Championships. He has been unable to drive anything like he did when he earned those and as such is living on his past glory.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Vettel is done and Horner, along with many others can see it. Hell even Racing Point have turned him down!

The only thing Vettel has going for him is his 4 World Championships. He has been unable to drive anything like he did when he earned those and as such is living on his past glory.

On one hand it’s a shame a 4 time world champion struggles to get a drive, but on the other, **** it, it’s Vettle, karma’s a bitch :joy:

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
On one hand it’s a shame a 4 time world champion struggles to get a drive, but on the other, **** it, it’s Vettle, karma’s a bitch :joy:
Couldn’t agree more! :joy:
Yea it’s a shame that a 4 time world champion could be without a drive, but he’s the victim of his own wrong doings!

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
I have just seen the post race conference and that’s the first time in a very long time I’ve seen Max so deflated. I believe he thought he could really challenge Merc this year but by his own admission it didn’t matter what strategy or tyre compound they used it would have been futile. Even Honda have been taken aback by the Mercedes engine performance this year. Bring on the Hungaroring and the twisty stuff.

For those who want it

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I have just seen the post race conference and that’s the first time in a very long time I’ve seen Max so deflated. I believe he thought he could really challenge Merc this year but by his own admission it didn’t matter what strategy or tyre compound they used it would have been futile. Even Honda have been taken aback by the Mercedes engine performance this year. Bring on the Hungaroring and the twisty stuff.

For those who want it

Yea I see what you mean there. That kinda alludes to my comment earlier on Max. He’s a great driver, but it’s that petulant child in him there where he’s pretty much saying “what’s the point, I don’t have a fast enough car to beat them”.

His answers were short and sharp. He needs to be a little careful with his answers as some of them can be taken as negative criticism against his own team.

Dare I say it he needs to adopt the approach that Bottas and Hamilton do, where you they acknowledge and give credit to “the team” and the work they do etc... Yes it’s very diplomatic, but it doesn’t cast the team in bad light such as the way Verstappen seems to suggest in the way that he says “we aren’t good enough, we need to work harder, I don’t know what else we can do” etc...

It’s the sort of thing that can either land him in trouble or cause issues within the team.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just skipped through the highlights, lol.

Booooring up front. Lewis and Mercedes in a league of their own. Max putting up a valiant fight but he really needs all the stars to like up to have any hope.

Great stuff in the mid field behind. Even Russell had a great day before crashing out.

Everyone up in arms about the "pink Mercedes", lol. I don't really see the problem, no different from Haas or TR just to name a couple. Only difference is RP appear to have done a stellar job at the copy machine :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
All part of racing. A driver who isn't disappointed at not doing well is ready for the retirement home.

Same with big egos. You can't be the best at anything if you don't truly believe that you are the best.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Wait until Alonso gets into that Renault and he will remind everyone what complaining over team radio is all about. I hear Renault have mentioned this to him already 😂

Young driver programmes aren’t getting much love with Sainz going to Ferrari and now Red Bull lusting over Vettel.

Hungaroring this weekend - a change from Austria at least.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I honestly can't see Vettel to RB, it makes no sense. He's already been there with Ric and that didn't end well. Pairing him up with Max can only end in tears.

He won't be doing any better job than Albon, just cost more and cause more trouble.

Albon isn't doing a bad job, he had a superb race last weekend and did well again this weekend. Just like Max, RB do need the stars to line up to really have a go. No safety cars to level things up this weekend.

But we know RB take no prisoners in that second seat...

I really don't understand why RB didn't put more into Sainz...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.