F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Kubica randomly showed up to rent a car at the Nurburgring to do some laps to practice for his DTM race and they told him he needs to have an instructor :joy: His instructor didn't do much instructing.

The first rental company said he must take an instructor so he walked out. Apex let him crack on solo, he'd done 15 laps by the point of filming that one.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's the usual insurance balls but still funny 😅

He wasn't hanging about either, think the instructor was busy not ****ing himself 😁 I would have been! 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Does the car have a dodgy wheel bearing or something? Weird humming from the back at speed there?

stevyg

RMS Regular
It's the usual insurance balls but still funny 😅

He wasn't hanging about either, think the instructor was busy not ****ing himself 😁 I would have been! 😂
Yeah, that was a mega lap from a retired F1 driver who was the slowest on the grid by some margin when he retired (by F1 standards anyways). It shows how good an F1 driver really is, so smooth, used every mm of the track but still wasn't even pushing close to the limit. I'd like to see F1 drivers each get 3 flying laps in the safety car after quali at each race for 1 championship point to see whos the quickest.

KevM

RMS Regular
Id love to sit beside a professional driver for a few laps of the ring. But I think I would refuse to sit with Bobby K.... :p

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
More Ferrari international assistance 😅

I actually thought Wolff was set for that so guess he's staying at Mercedes a while longer then.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Was he not fired from Ferrari and now he's the CEO of Lamborghini? Now there's a manufacturer that needs to get into F1!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Best man for the job. Ferrari made a mistake by sacking him & I doubt he’ll swing them too many favours.

Lamborghini once said they’d never have full works team in F1. However I think VW would like them in as an engine supplier at least.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Christ, that was messy by Lewis and Mercedes. And still knock in a time like that :cool:

Stunning lap by Max, clearly way above the performance level of the car.

Lewis had better nail the start tomorrow because Max will go all out into the first corner, do or die, no prisoners, lol 😅

Very tight below.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

Lewis now saying the they're trying to stop him with penalties.... Stop breaking the rules and you'll stop getting them. It really is that simple. Also heard him question on the radio about there that rule is in the rule book to which which the Sky commentator was able to state the specific point it was in the rules.

Also during the race Danny Ricardo got a 5 second and when he was told he simply replied "I'll try to drive faster....that ones on me". No complaints at all.

I've said it before it's this part of Hamilton personality (the it's not my fault, they're out to get me, it's someone else fault), that means quite a lot of people don't like him, including me.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
54DD3807-66AC-4A82-B3BD-9C238C99E6E8.jpeg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Spoilt what was setup to be a decent enough race.

Another unnecessary error from Hamilton/Mercedes. Just as well nobody is close to him championship wise or it could have been more costly.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Rules are rules and all that... But then there are rules and stupid rules... And that double penalty was just stupid...

Spoilt what would have been a good fight at the top with the different tyres as well...

Equally stupid was Ricciardo's penalty for trying to avoid an accident...

At least there was no penalty for whoever ended up going straight through that stupid chicane :joy:

But hey, it makes things "interesting" by messing with the championship 🙈 🙈 🙈

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.