F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
He finished well ahead of Vettel, in a car he hadn't driven before quali, and arriving at the circuit just an hour before :innocent:

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
Coulthard is great. The other guy, don't even know his name, not so much, lol. He's a bit.. excitable 😅 Forever getting carried away, lol.
Ben Edwards, he’s only the main commentator on the C4 coverage lol.
Ah yes, he is the only driver to ever have been supported from an early age by a team.

Do no other teams have young driver programmes then?
Look at you coming in here with logic and trying to argue against the Hamilton haters, gtfo with that nonsense! Lol

Seriously though I don’t get the hate. He didn’t get that spot in the Mercedes Young Driver program by being mediocre! As someone else in here said, it’s no coincidence that the best drivers end up in the best cars!
I don't get the gripe with merc dominating. Competing in F1 isn't just about the drivers on the grid.

They are much better at building a car than everyone else, end of story.

If a driver won loads of races in equal machinary we wouldn't want rules in place to slow that driver down and make it fair on the others. It's competition and marcedes and Hamilton are just leagues ahead of everyone else
This! There is a well established fact that various teams dominate the sport at various era’s. It’s just Mercedes turn at the minute, as it was Ferrari’s turn when I was growing up and so on throughout the history of the sport.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Not a bad race at all. Delighted for Renault getting on the podium, great drive from Dan Ric he almost had Verstappen at the restart too. That's 7 different manufacturers on the podium this season, crazy. A Vettel spin again, I'm sure he's looking forward to a new team and new challenge next year. Albon had an awful drive, even complaining about AT racing him hard? I thought that was a weak comment to make. How many more drivers will RB go through to find someone who can hold onto Verstappen? Max drove a fantastic race, just shows how fast the Mercs & RB are when they were over 1m ahead of 3rd place before the safety car. Well done to Hulk absolutely deserved driver of the day. Leclerc done everything he could with that Ferrari & Kimi set a record for being an old gezer. Strange that there were so many PU failures.
Bottas came back strong at the start, the quickest way around turn 1 is around the outside. But that lock up cost him the race, the undercut was never going to work and because Hamilton & Verstappen saved their tyres, they snuck in cheap pitstops under the VSC. A stellar drive from Hamilton, didn't put a foot wrong. Record equaling wins and regardless of what you think of him I'm just glad I got to watch both drivers dominate in their respective eras and smash all previous records. Very moving to see Mick congratulate Lewis with one of his dads helmets on behalf of the family. It's such a pity Michael wasn't there himself, I remember the emotions Michael showed everytime he broke a record and I know he would have been so honored to shake Hamiltons hand himself after the race. I really hope we see him back in the paddock one day soon.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
Oh yea, forgot to add my views of the race too lol.
Hamilton commanded the race. Yet again he pressured Bottas into a daft mistake, and even at that it was massive pressure really. Bottas seems to be able to cope with any driver behind him, except Hamilton! It’s either a mindset thing or that Hamilton is really just that good!

Great to see the Honey Badger up on the podium again, albeit we couldn’t see that magical smile of his and that his trademark “shoey” was done from his changing room rather than the podium.

Max yet again is on his way to becoming a future title winner! As others have said, in a better car I think he is the only one able to challenge Hamilton.

I have to wonder about Redbulls driver management style. This isn’t the first time where they’ve had one good consistent driver and one far off the pace. The few times they’ve had two good drivers in the cars they’ve struggled to control them both! There’s clearly something wrong with the mantra at Redbull. Don’t get me wrong, I think Christian Horner is a great guy, but there’s an issue beneath him that he is unable to quite grasp.

Hulkenberg deserved the Driver of the day. Turning up hours before quali, sucking at quali understandably, but then finish’s in the top ten? Why is it that he is without a seat and Vettel has one? Oh yea, that thing everyone is keen to cling to, 4 World Titles.

I’m sorry, but he’s completely lost his mojo! I’ve said it before, it’s not the car. LeClerc is able to perform well in the same car, so it’s not the car.

Good race despite the Safety car, I’ve seen boys drive faster up Black’s Road in Dunmurry!

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
Bottas, fair enough hasn't been champion material but you're forgetting about the years that Rosberg was his teammate. Probably the strongest teammate he's had. I personally wouldn't bet again Hamilton getting to 100 and beyond. He doesn't look anywhere like he's ready to quit.
Are you forgetting Alonso and Button?

Hamilton favours a compliant Finn as his team mate. He ran away from McLaren because Button out scored him during their time as team mates even though Button was told he was crazy for signing for a team that would favour Hamilton as they'd been bankrolling and mentoring him since he was a kid. Button was one of the nice guys in F1 with very few critical words for anyone in his autobiography except Flavio Briatore and Hamilton.

I have a very, very, very, very strong dislike of Hamilton, made even worse by his dominance of F1. I now only watch highlights on C4 if he doesn't win.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Not at all. Alonso granted, but when he and Button were at McLaren, it wasn't the dominant car at the time (the RedBull Renault was) and Button was more than a worthy foil for Hamilton. My point was that for the years that Hamilton was seriously contesting championships, Rosberg is the one that stands out as being the one who pushed him the most (to me at least).

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Are you forgetting Alonso and Button?

Hamilton favours a compliant Finn as his team mate. He ran away from McLaren because Button out scored him during their time as team mates even though Button was told he was crazy for signing for a team that would favour Hamilton as they'd been bankrolling and mentoring him since he was a kid. Button was one of the nice guys in F1 with very few critical words for anyone in his autobiography except Flavio Briatore and Hamilton.

I have a very, very, very, very strong dislike of Hamilton, made even worse by his dominance of F1. I now only watch highlights on C4 if he doesn't win.

Not at all a slight on Jenson, he was one of the most underrated drivers out there but whilst team mates on average Hamilton out paced him, out qualified him, out finished him. Jenson got more points down to consistency and the fact Lewis had more DNFs either from reliability, incidents or mistakes.
Hamilton moved for more personal freedom to a team that was lagging mclaren but had been making big moves in background for new era rule change and convinced him what they were going to be capable off.
I can get why some people don't like him but the hate some have of him is verging on comical when it comes to the sport side.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Reference Hamilton:

I like my drivers to drive. Not to make virtue signalling political statements. Oh and to tell everyone they should be vegan like him to save the environment, whilst he commutes everywhere in a private jet.

Drive the car, and shut your hole.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
And the FIA have limited how much he's allowed to drive the car so he's only able to do so much. 🤷🏻‍♂️

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
People get very snowflake like over Hamilton for some reason and then in the same breath cry that the drivers are all lacking character nowadays and all corporate, something about James Hunt blah, whinge, yap.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
People get very snowflake like over Hamilton for some reason and then in the same breath cry that the drivers are all lacking character nowadays and all corporate, something about James Hunt blah, whinge, yap.
Virtue signalling at every opportunity isn't having a personality.

I always preferred Lauda over Hunt :-P

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just because you disagree, for whatever reason, with what is important to him doesn't make it "virtue signaling" or any other derogative you can think of.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Is that the Niki Lauda that fought for and convinced Hamilton to join Mercedes and made sure that he had freedom to do his off track stuff because he believed it made him stronger on track? That Lauda? 😜
I very much doubt Lauda would have encouraged him to make political statements on the podium, that's hardly off-track.

I would say that was more to do with knowing how controlling McLaren is, rather than him encouraging him to be a pillock all the time.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I'd say Checo will be signed up pretty quickly. Haas have been unsure of staying in F1 his sponsorship money will be a major help.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
I was thinking it might be Perez and Hulk in to Haas, but I could see Schumacher instead of Hulk.

Perez brings the money, Schumacher lots of media interest and attention.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.