F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
There had to be a back room deal made between the FIA and Mercedes. I can't see how they have gone from storming of without post race interviews, lodging appeals to retracting the final appeal because the FIA said they will look into it.

I don't know what the deal would be though, money to a point is irrelevant and any favourable decisions in the future would only add to the problem of an inconsistent application of the rules.
I don’t believe that for a second. What is more likely is that Mercedes have reflected on the situation, has seen the damage done by the FIA on themselves, seen how farcical it was and along with possibly listening to Lewis, have decided that any further action would only add to the farcical nature of it all, not to mention could possibly harm the teams image as well.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
There will be some careful public choreography over the next few weeks up to the first race.

I don't think anyone is looking for special treatment, least of all Mercedes.

But I think Mercedes will have secured commitments from FIA to tighten up how the sport is governed.

There are words in the Mercedes statement about "holding FIA to account" about implementing such changes.

I don't think anyone knows yet exactly what those changes will be yet. Or of they will be sufficient to keep everyone happy. But there will no doubt be plenty of speculation, lol :innocent:

KevM

RMS Regular
Toto has always been quite eloquent after the fact & very good at claiming the moral high-ground with previous controversial incidents. Perhaps, they are just opting to continue that trend now that the dust has settled

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.