F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Or was it his manager's threat of driving the Clio Cup. 🤣🤣

Russell had to relinquish at some point especially whilst he publicly when against Toto. Was never going to do himself any favours acting Billy big balls. Like Toto said, he has to race with a global overview

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Pretty much that. At Haas he is only competing with wee Nikita so all about learning and developing himself. A bit like George at Williams.

Mick comes across as professional, and he seems to be doing his homework and keeping his head down. A silly mistake last weekend but some much more experienced drivers did the same in the conditions so nothing to write home about there.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
But would Kimi teach him? Kimi doesn't seem to take much interest in what everyone else is doing.
On the surface it seems that way but behind the scenes I would hope he would offer some advice to the younger guys.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
But would Kimi teach him? Kimi doesn't seem to take much interest in what everyone else is doing.

200.gif

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Merc v RB at the front, anyone's guess behind, all to play for.

Good chance RB will lead the championship, barring some disaster. Looks like RB have enough of an edge that Merc need all the stars to line up to snatch a win.

But who knows. It's another great classic circuit and they have always thrown surprises so far. And the engineers at Merc won't be sitting back either.

stevyg

RMS Regular
On the outside Kimi is dry, cold and seemingly uninterested in what he does but you know under the helmet he is just like any other world champion. Sharp mind, balls of steel, perfectionist, detail oriented, incredibly hard worker, busting his ass to keep fit. He's still an amazing driver despite his age, if he genuinely wasn't motivated to be in F1 anymore he wouldn't be there.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
On the outside Kimi is dry, cold and seemingly uninterested in what he does but you know under the helmet he is just like any other world champion. Sharp mind, balls of steel, perfectionist, detail oriented, incredibly hard worker, busting his ass to keep fit. He's still an amazing driver despite his age, if he genuinely wasn't motivated to be in F1 anymore he wouldn't be there.

Not sure I get that impression from him.
Absolutely a very good driver, but I think it's all natural talent. I don't think he works that hard at it.

Heard plenty of interview where he goes on massive drinking benders for a week but he says as long as he stops drinking on Wednesday he is ready for the race on Sunday.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Not sure I get that impression from him.
Absolutely a very good driver, but I think it's all natural talent. I don't think he works that hard at it.

Heard plenty of interview where he goes on massive drinking benders for a week but he says as long as he stops drinking on Wednesday he is ready for the race on Sunday.
I don't think you can be at the pinnacle of motorsport in F1 for that long especially at his age and not have to work at it. I bet he has to work harder than most of the others on the grid to stay in shape. He gives the persona that he's always on benders and just hops into the car after wild nights out, its fun to imagine but I really don't think that's accurate, you could only do that for so long. He's still an elite athlete IMO at 41.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
A public persona is one thing though.

He's in better shape than either Vettel or Alonso. The James Hunt days are long gone, in so far as they ever actually existed. At least at the top of the game even back then.

Even a driver like Lewis, at the top of his game, is always talking about how much he changes and adapts, how hard he works to keep improving, both between and during seasons.

It's no different down the grid. It's a professional sport now, and the cars so complex, nobody can just coast along for the ride.

Well, maybe wee Crash-ita, but see where that ends 😅

stevyg

RMS Regular
Sprint races officially are coming this season....

Interesting. I hope its fun but I'm not sure how that will change the grid, probably not at all. Viewing for qualifying will suffer with not many being able to watch because of work obligations on Fridays. I wonder if they are they going to pro-rate the cost caps since the cars are going to be doing more races? More risk of damage, more engines & gearboxes to go through, more staff required for the additional races.

If they are trying to get more excitement just bring back V8s and refueling.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not sure at all what to make of that. Yet more turning F1 into Nascar.

It will introduce randomness as there's less chance to recover. It won't change the fundamental pecking order. There will be tactics to balance out relatively few points against cost caps, wear and parts caps, and risk of damage before the main race.

Happy to be proven wrong though. It could be a great way for mid field teams to shine as they have less to lose and might just go flat out for glory.

KevM

RMS Regular
Merc v RB at the front, anyone's guess behind, all to play for.

Good chance RB will lead the championship, barring some disaster. Looks like RB have enough of an edge that Merc need all the stars to line up to snatch a win.

But who knows. It's another great classic circuit and they have always thrown surprises so far. And the engineers at Merc won't be sitting back either.

I think you are bang-on.

Checo > Bottas.

It's Redbulls year for the Manufacturers.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'm booked in for both Goodwood Revival and the Member's meet this year, historic racing is where it's at 😁

They're not holding back either!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.