F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Waaaaaah, it's all the car, is it? 😂
That keeps the championship interesting!

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
_20210606_160543.JPG

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Baku rarely disappoints!

Literally the only thing that kept Hamilton pushing Perez was the tow, he was often 0.4-0.5 seconds off in the middle sector alone. The bulls definitely had the best package this weekend.

Vettel, Leclerc and Gasly had great races. Happy for Norris also.

Bottas, don’t even know what to say. Perez seems a far better second driver for any team. If Hamilton gets the drivers title I feel Bottas could cause Mercedes to miss the constructors. Red bull proved they have two drivers that can win races IMO.

pablo

RMS Moderator
What did I just watch? Unbelievable.
Was crying when max crashed (same spot as Stroll!!) then stunned when Lewis got greedy and threw it away. He should have settled for 2nd and retook the championship lead.

Perez just put a massive nail in bottas’s coffin IMO. Garbage result from him. Only 3 places higher than Lewis!

loved seeing vettel be the cunning old fox and bag himself a fairly legit 2nd place (4th even without the retirements).

wow wow wow wow wow

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I wouldnt say Hamilton got greedy tbh. It was unfortunate that the brake bias switch fecked him over.

Sure, theres plenty of gurning about drivers not going for the win and playing it safe so he may as well have. Almost paid off too. Keeps the championship interesting.

Bottas is bound to be on borrowed time with Merc even more so now. I think Perez needed that as he hasn't been spectacular so far really.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Hamilton is a racer through and through, he went for the win, I couldn't blame him for that.

As for Bottas, I just wonder will Merc pull a Gasly and swap in George before the constructors gets out of reach.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I think its a bit unlike Merc to do it, but they may well have to do it.

KevM

RMS Regular
When Max went off, i was actually wondering if Lewis would celebrate on the podium given the tyre failure. My o My!

I had a feeling that the pressure at the top would rear its head today, but I didn't think it would have been Hamilton that buckled.

He's a racer, but I thought he'd have been cool enough to play the long game. Horner is getting into their head's

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Accidentally flicking the brake bias switch is hardly buckling under pressure from Horner/Red Bull.

Mercedes and Hamilton knew Red Bull had the quicker car today - all they could do was apply some pressure. Would have been closer if Hamilton hadn’t lost time during his pitstop but no doubt Red Bull deserved their win today.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
..... Or was trying to get things up to temp for a 2 lap sprint race?

I can't see how Horner sitting dribbling verbal diarrhoea in interviews would put him under pressure tbh.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
My heart dropped when Max went out, it really did. After all that work and a flawless race.

Couldn't believe they went for a restart with two laps to go. In Baku. Might as well just ignore the entire race and just have a hat draw! 😅 🙈

I'm actually happy Lewis fluffed it at the restart. Means the season won't be decided by random events, in Baku. And both Lewis and Max will pick it up at the next proper race track in France.

Driver of the day I actually think was Vettel. Well played, and well raced (y)

What a turn of events!

Perfect summary! 😎😅

KevM

RMS Regular
Yes. Yes, Of course he did..... 😉😉

Look, no one will know for sure, but I would imagine Magic mode isn't something you'd accidentally press whilst taking avoiding action. It sounds like he's doubled up on switching it off.

KevM

RMS Regular

Reading between the lines:-

Did I leave Magic on? Yes. Damn, I thought I switched it off. Yes, you did, but you switched it on again ...

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
So, let me get this straight. The pressure that the only person close to him was out of the race and he was on for a fairly nailed on 2nd at least made him make a mistake.

Riiiiiiighttt.

Sure, he may just quit now as 3 race wins out of 6 races this season clearly isn't good enough and a clear sign of cracking under pressure.

scub

Banned
I watched every minute for once, up till about 5 mins before the restart. & by the time I got out of the taxi & into the pub it was over & the channel had been changed. so haven't seen or heard anything apart from this thread so far.
but if any driver over cooks it & bales out into a corner down the run off then surely it's pure driver error.
unless you're a Hamilton fan obv 🤦‍♂️
leaving my Lewis hatred to 1 side, max deserved better than to lose all the points he'd earned, so it'll be good for f1 as a spectacle...
roll on next race!
So, let me get this straight. The pressure that the only person close to him was out of the race and he was on for a fairly nailed on 2nd at least made him make a mistake.

Riiiiiiighttt.

Sure, he may just quit now as 3 race wins out of 6 races this season clearly isn't good enough and a clear sign of cracking under pressure.
let it go mate - you're embarrassing yourself at this point 😆😆😆😆

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Had to laugh when Hamilton went sailing on at the 1st corner 😂😂😂😂.

I dont think he buckled under the pressure per say but he devs lost his focus, and completely agree with accidentally flicking the switch being complete bs, can’t be used too often so doubt its a straightforward thing to do.

The Hamilton fan boys have to admit he cocked it up today 😂😂.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well, it wasn't great, lol, I'm sure he would be the first to admit that :innocent: 😅

Nothing really to lose with Max already out, and a random restart. Might as well go for it. Didn't pay off. **** happens, lol.

But no, not the finest hour :innocent:

KevM

RMS Regular

Riiiiiiighttt.

Read what you've just said.

Max was gone. Hamilton didn't need to do anything but drive home. Something in his head completely over-rode that and he felt the need to go balls out to beat 'a Red Bull'.

Horner is in his head. He needs to step back from the trash-talk and team politics of the last 2 weeks and see the bigger picture.

You do come across quite fan-boi. I like it, it's Cute! 🤣

Don't get me wrong, I detest Max and smiled when he went in the wall, but Lewis fkd up today for no reason other than bravado.

It's good that a poor Pirelli hasn't changed the title fight to be fair to Max.

Constructors, on the other hand? Toto needs to be sending Bottas up the road with his lunchbox under his elbow

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.