F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Grosjean posted a pic of his hands on the 1st day with no dressings, looks painful!

8267DBDF-C64A-4BBB-93EF-963C532414B3.jpeg

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
ok was talking to a lad in work today and he said online betting is offering vettel at 66-1 to win the world championship

do you think this is a bit off a long shot or ??

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Might as well stick the money in the ground and hope it will grow a money tree :innocent:

Bit of a long shot, yes. RP would have to suddenly out-perform both RB and Merc. And Vettel would suddenly have to out-perform Lewis, Max, etc.

There have been no signs of either. Alonso probably has a better chance at Renault, but even that is a very long shot. But who knows, lol.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
At the same time Button and Brawn were a long shot before the 2009 season started!

I really, really hope Vettel finds some form again.
The history of that car is amazing. Jenson and Ross did a podcast about it before Christmas.

Honda did all the development work, Ross tweaked the design, won the championship and then Merc used the blueprints for their car when they bought the team.

So really the Merc is a Honda 🤣

MarkM

RMS Regular
At the same time Button and Brawn were a long shot before the 2009 season started!

I really, really hope Vettel finds some form again.

Not the same situation though, there was a big rule change and they discovered the blown rear diffuser, later in the year when everyone else developed one they were nowhere but had done enough to clinch the title.
Vettlel is finished, AM will be third best team at best

KevM

RMS Regular
Without Perez, I'm not sure they'll even make third. Every time Vettel sniffs a position, he bottles it. The Merc/RB race will hopefully be a bit tighter this year (all being well).

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Be interesting to see how Ferrari fare with two inform drivers. Sainz will eventually push Le Clerc once he finds his feet so I’m expecting them to closer to the fight for third. (All dependant on them producing an improved PU)

McLaren will hope their return to Mercedes-Benz power goes as is hoped and they can get closer to Red Bull and regularly challenge for podiums. Oddly the Mercedes-Benz PU was the least reliable last year so they will want to avoid a repeat of that.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Not the same situation though, there was a big rule change and they discovered the blown rear diffuser, later in the year when everyone else developed one they were nowhere but had done enough to clinch the title.
Vettlel is finished, AM will be third best team at best
I know, but let me live in hope!

Robert

RMS Trader
McLaren will hope their return to Mercedes-Benz power goes as is hoped and they can get closer to Red Bull and regularly challenge for podiums. Oddly the Mercedes-Benz PU was the least reliable last year so they will want to avoid a repeat of that.

In theory the battle for third in the constructors championship should hopefully be where all the action is at (assuming merc dominance and RB chasing their tails). So many talented drivers with various teams who all seem to have tracks which suit their cars better than others, keeps it mixed up. Looking forward to seeing how the driver changes turn out.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Loving Vettels new haircut....

https___prod.static9.net.au_fs_e4dd5319-dca6-47c5-b6ec-704aa73d4b70.jpg

Shame mine is pretty much the same.

He's been trying to hide that for a while. Looks like he's given up caring now.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.