F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
😅 In fairness he hasn't actually crashed in a while, has he? Just keep getting in the way, lol.

Has he finished ahead of anyone yet? Apart from dnf cars :innocent:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
It was quite reserved considering most of the mental attire at the Gala
And he certainly wasn't the most hypocritical person there by a long shot either *cough* AOC and her tax the rich merch *cough*
😅 In fairness he hasn't actually crashed in a while, has he? Just keep getting in the way, lol.

Has he finished ahead of anyone yet? Apart from dnf cars :innocent:
Well, he finished ahead of Perez in Spa and set the fastest lap 😂

john87

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Bottas now taking another engine, despite having taken a penalty already this year, to start 17th and impede max.

Presume anyone that’s ever criticised RB for being a one driver team will be quiet today 😂

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Bottas now taking another engine, despite having taken a penalty already this year, to start 17th and impede max.

Presume anyone that’s ever criticised RB for being a one driver team will be quiet today 😂
Actions taken to benefit a team in a team sport....shocked. At the end of the day their lead driver is in contention for another championship, why wouldn't they use the no. 2 driver to impede the rival?

Given how utterly anonymous Perez has been lately, yea RB is a one driver team.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Always has been the case in F1. Red Bull did it for Vettel, Ferrari for Schumacher, McLaren for Hakkinen etc etc.

john87

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Not disputing it’s a part of f1 at all, makes perfect sense for merc to do it. I would too if I were them.

It’s all the talk of merc treating drivers equally and how much better than Schumacher etc Lewis is because he doesnt need help I can’t abide. It was fair enough during the Rosberg years, but Bottas has always been his lapdog and even with that he is struggling under the first real pressure he’s had since 2016 bigtime this year.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Bottas used to be managed by Toto so it comes as no surprise he was a willing to bend over for the team (Hamilton).

Schumacher had his help too from Irvine, Barrichello and Massa.

The best drivers build teams around them to help them win more often. All part of the game.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Not disputing it’s a part of f1 at all, makes perfect sense for merc to do it. I would too if I were them.

It’s all the talk of merc treating drivers equally and how much better than Schumacher etc Lewis is because he doesnt need help I can’t abide. It was fair enough during the Rosberg years, but Bottas has always been his lapdog and even with that he is struggling under the first real pressure he’s had since 2016 bigtime this year.
every year Bottas got a crack at the whip and could never deliver. When that happens you make yourself #2. Lewis is just better. Unfortunate for Bottas but thats life.

TEAM sport. If you arent in the running yourself then help your team mate.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I don't think it's to impede Max to be honest. It wouldn't be more than a lap or two at Sochi anyway before Max was on his way.

I think it's like Charles and Ferrari, just get a fresh power unit in and maximise manufacture points later in the season.

"Impeding" Max for a lap is just incidental. But I guess "blocking Max" makes for better headlines :innocent:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I don't think it's to impede Max to be honest. It wouldn't be more than a lap or two at Sochi anyway before Max was on his way.

I think it's like Charles and Ferrari, just get a fresh power unit in and maximise manufacture points later in the season.

"Impeding" Max for a lap is just incidental. But I guess "blocking Max" makes for better headlines :innocent:
This is pretty much what I was going to say. He'd qualified in 7th anyway. Merc take the engine penalty now, they have a new engine for this race and still have a good Monza engine for later in the season. We know Bottas is good round the Sochi Boreodrome so he'll be back up to 7th and beyond in no time.

john87

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3

He took a fresh engine at monza last time out though, this is his fifth. The monza engine should’ve easily took him to the end of the season whenever that may be.

Wonder will they just whack it up to 11 and hope straight line speed will neutralise bottas’ usual wet blanket defence.

john87

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
you mean it itsnt the Hamiluminati up to their dirty tactics again? shocker.

1632654104271.jpeg

john87

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
tactical for points gain, not tactical to 'block' max. BIG difference.
Lol I would doubt we’ll agree on this, but moving a driver that’s frequently anonymous in traffic 10 places back on a track that’s difficult to overtake to me seems a daft way to maximise points gain.

Bottas as said already seems happy enough to do whatever needed to help Hamilton out though. Fair play to him, assume he is being well looked after for his efforts.

Robert

RMS Trader
I assume from reading the Merc FB post that if a PU is changed then old PU’s can still be used again if they have not actually been replaced due to fault?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.