F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Great race, gutted for Lando, a mix of inexperience and his race engineer not being assertive on the radio leading to his demise imo.

Max is bound to be smiling the most today, I'm sure Lewis was thinking WTF when he parked beside him.

scub

Banned
Lando can put this into the experience folder and use it in the future. Thoroughly deserved a win on merit today but wasn’t to be.

Still my driver of the season so far. What a talent.
think it was more his team didn't insist on him coming in as he clearly thought he could see it through.
still - wee man looks a proper talent 👍

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Lando's inexperience ultimately cost him, the team seemed to want him in but he knew better.
Glad for Hamilton, used his experience and listened to the team that had the weather data, came in and won at a canter. Makes the rest of the season interesting again!

KevM

RMS Regular
Yeah, no one wanted to give in to the team advice. Lando was desperate to cling on to the win after Monza.

Today finished the championship I reckon. Max/Christian are p***ks, but they'll probably win it now

scub

Banned
Yeah, no one wanted to give in to the team advice. Lando was desperate to cling on to the win after Monza.

Today finished the championship I reckon. Max/Christian are p***ks, but they'll probably win it now
if there's a (deity of your choice - delete as non applicable) in heaven/valhalla etc. then yes, for all that is good & right in this world, Red Bull must triumph!

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
What a race!! Totally gutted for Lando but fair play to him for coming up to hug Hamilton during the interview!

Great drive by Verstappen, shame Bottas didn’t make the same recovery. He wasn’t far off admittedly, but still not good enough.

What was going on with a lot of those pit stops today??

Lastly, like him or loathe him, there’s no denying Hamilton’s ability to keep breaking records! #LH100

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Great race, best bit about it being so many teams involved at the front great to see a Ferrari and a Mclaren fighting for the lead.

So bad for Lando, I know everyone says it doesn’t matter what the drivers are like off the track but for me it 100% does, and he just seems like such a dead on normal fella.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So bad for Lando, I know everyone says it doesn’t matter what the drivers are like off the track but for me it 100% does, and he just seems like such a dead on normal fella.
Completely agree! I’ve seen quite a few of his gaming streams and he is good craic and seems an all round decent bloke on and off track!

A future star in the making. I think it’s going to be a great era we’re about to enter with two British drivers soon to be in contention for championships, assuming that Verstappen doesn’t do a Hamilton and run away with championship after championship “in the best car”! 😉
in the best car.
come back to me when he wins 2 championships in a 2nd row car 🤷‍♂️
Funny how that works, the best drivers in the best cars, who knew that would ever happen! 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s never happened in the history of F1 before 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂😂

scub

Banned
o
Completely agree! I’ve seen quite a few of his gaming streams and he is good craic and seems an all round decent bloke on and off track!

A future star in the making. I think it’s going to be a great era we’re about to enter with two British drivers soon to be in contention for championships, assuming that Verstappen doesn’t do a Hamilton and run away with championship after championship “in the best car”! 😉

Funny how that works, the best drivers in the best cars, who knew that would ever happen! 🤷🏻‍♂️
or run about in a skirt & wonder why he's not as popular as he should be!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
o

or run about in a skirt & wonder why he's not as popular as he should be!
😂😂😂😂😂

Gave me a laugh 😂, I mean watching the schumacher documentary just cemented my opinion that yes Hamilton is undoubtably very fast, but he’s not a patch on the champion that Schumacher was no matter how many he wins. All this being nice to and about everyone just isn’t human, shows us a bit of emotion like!

But that’s enough Hamilton bashing 😂

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
in the best car.
come back to me when he wins 2 championships in a 2nd row car 🤷‍♂️
Who has actually done that in modern F1? Schumacher came close but didn't manage it (2000 on Ferraris were not 2nd row cars and it's debatable whether the 1994 and 1995 Bennettons were either).

Funny that in motorsport the best drivers gravitate to the best teams with the best cars...

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Who has actually done that in modern F1? Schumacher came close but didn't manage it (2000 on Ferraris were not 2nd row cars and it's debatable whether the 1994 and 1995 Bennettons were either).

Funny that in motorsport the best drivers gravitate to the best teams with the best cars...
Get outta here with your logic and stuff! That doesn’t fit @scub ’s narrative……….

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Felt sorry for Lando too. But... He did roll a high risk dice in quali and got away with it. The he tried to roll another high risk dice at the end of the race and didn't. That's just how high risk dice work, most of the time they don't pay off.

That said, he probably did the right thing. Putting everything on the win, nothing else mattered. Staying out there was an outside chance he might have had enough after Lewis made a stop. Had he stopped himself he would certainly have been undercut.

The team wanted to settle for points. He wanted win or die.

Full kudos for that. And for interrupting the interview to congratulate Lewis, lol, brilliant to see drivers dropping the guard and just be human for a bit.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.