F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
red-bull-racing-rb16b-white-li.webp

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lewis taking a ten place hit this weekend with a new combustion engine. I guess Max taking an engine last weekend and recovering in the race forced their hands.

Going well in practice helps, but he'll have to get past the McLarens again. And likely a Renault or two as well. Don't think it will be plain sailing.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Makes sense to buy out the current shareholders of Sauber as a ‘new team’ has to be pay $200m to enter F1.

Be interesting to see the Andretti name back in F1.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, perfect summary 😅

Mercedes have a lot of pace here for whatever reason. Will be interesting to see how far up Lewis can get, if he has enough performance in the car to not get stuck too long behind McL or Renault.

Imagine Max will push Bottas out of the way on the first corner, lol, and then disappear into the sunset :innocent:

MarkM

RMS Regular
You'd imagine a team such as red bull would simply be able to diall out issues like that.

Bit less rake etc etc.

The rake isn’t easily changeable though, suspension and aero is designed around it, the high rake cars have gained with this years rule changes, Merc and Aston being low rake have suffered until now

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
So that was a lot more uneventful than expected...

The man who can't race won the race 🤫 😅 That's what he can do when let off the leash. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Surprised Max and RB didn't put up more of a fight. Clearly happy to coast in for second.

DOTD for me: Lewis and Sainz. Great recovery drives for both.

Don't think anything else happened 🙈

As for the last stop for Lewis - damned if they did, damned if they didn't. Just too much of a gamble.

If anything, if they had pitted when the team first wanted to then Lewis would have had more time once the tyres switched on to regain places. By staying out he just got them in the window as the race ended.

Not an easy call.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Great race, really interesting race with the strategies and psychological radio messages. I don’t recall hearing as much mind play via the radios as I did today.

Weird with the way the tyres were, going on and off at different stages?

Tough penalty on Gasly, that wasn’t his fault as he was sandwiched whereas Alonso’s move on Schumacher looked almost intentional by comparison.

Great to see Bottas not crumble under pressure. That win was needed for his career and arguably could be his last.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.