F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

e320mark

RMS Regular
Has anyone ever done a Silverstone weekend? Looking to book the Thursday - Sunday package, working out at £1320 for the two of us before accommodation. The go to hotel for them bumps it up to £2800 so £1500 for 3-4 nights is mental.

Looking to see what way others camped or stayed at hotels. I was trying to convince the Mrs to rent a campervan with me and pitch at a site close to it so we don’t have to drive in to the circuit everyday and get stuck in miles long traffic
I’m taking my young lad next year, seats on Hamilton straight £1500, camping for a camper I’ve hired £380, it’s not a cheap weekend!

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
So much for Mercs new ‘system’ Horner was talking so much about even though it’s been around for 10 years! I think that was a bit of a bluff or Mercedes have turned their engines down since all the reliability issues. I’m hoping Hamilton has tuned in some understeer and that’s why he looked so chilled after quali otherwise the Red Bull will be off in the distance.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
First corner could be make or break for Hamilton’s race this evening. If Perez nips in front of him Max will be away.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Max seems to have the crowd on his side going by the reaction in Q3. Maybe it’s a Red Bull thing or maybe it’s a race thing. Who knows.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
To be fair there was a loud cheer when Lewis too the pole from Perez. I would agree thats its a Redbull crowd but Lewis still still does have a good number of fans there.

I also believe there's a Redbull stand at the end of the front straight too which may help skew the crowd noise.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ch 4 only air highlight shows, they're always a few hours after. The actual race is only like 8/9pm UK time this weekend? So midnight for the highlight show sounds about right.

Just watch the highlights for breakfast in the morning.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
So after all the RB moaning the past week about Merc allegedly cheating with engines and whatnot, RB then magically find half a second over night, out of nowhere :innocent:

All down to the start and first corner now. Perez could be critical if Lewis doesn't nail the start.

RB clearly found some single lap pace, no idea how that translates to race pace. Tyres could be decisive in the heat.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
So after all the RB moaning the past week about Merc allegedly cheating with engines and whatnot, RB then magically find half a second over night, out of nowhere :innocent:

All down to the start and first corner now. Perez could be critical if Lewis doesn't nail the start.

RB clearly found some single lap pace, no idea how that translates to race pace. Tyres could be decisive in the heat.

In a years time I will honestly not be surprised if it came out RB where caught cheating or bending rules….. their pace is so sudden and changeable. It’s like they find extra bhp just for races their chassis doesn’t suit

KevM

RMS Regular
Yeah, I kinda lose interest when cheating is likely. RB were nowhere until their 'reliabiliy' update.

I think Horner has cheat written all over his silly smug little scrunched up face.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Their latest excuse was that they lost their way due to Newey being involved in a cycling accident and couldn‘t give advice on car setup etc. Now that he’s back their performance has returned. Hmm.

Hopefully get a good race between the McLaren’s and Ferrari’s too.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.