F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Great tyre management by Max.

Quite baffles me how the engineers seem to forget the fact that its relatively easy to rock up to within 2 seconds with fresher tyres but thats were it stops, see it on a regular basis, only way that would have worked would have been if they stuck mediums on Vs hards

scub

Banned
Alright girls settle down

Fantastic driving from both. Not the result I’d want but can’t fault max for that one. Well earned on strategy and a shame there weren’t a few more laps.
the strategy 'was' the amount of laps 🎉🎉

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Max knew what was happening when he asked what sort of pace advantage Lewis needed to overtake.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Merc were herded on strategy by Perez. They didn’t really have a lot of choice once the first under cut came in

Thats true to be fair, RB well an truly hammering Merc on strategy this season. Shows how much pace Lewis and the car had over everyone else in previous years giving them an easy time on strategies.

scub

Banned
loowis who's on record as stating that if he hadn't have been a racing driver he wanted to be a male model,
DSC_0781.JPG
is standing on a foot high plinth & still smaller than Shaq 🤣🤣🤣

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
loowis who's on record as stating that if he hadn't have been a racing driver he wanted to be a male model,
View attachment 339814is standing on a foot high plinth & still smaller than Shaq 🤣🤣🤣
"race drivers are not tall - shocking relevations revealed on pages 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6"
Home Alone Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Wait until you hear about Yuki Tsunoda.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Enjoyed that. The difference between Hamilton having a go down to the hairpin could well have been the DRS Max got from Mick on the start finish straight.

Who cares what they do in their personal life, all racing drivers are hypocrites let’s be honest 🤷🏻‍♂️

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Was just an ok race that. Really hoped Lewis would get him in the end, especially with such a good start but Max drove faultlessly.

Ricardo drove very well all weekend, Norris just an average race. Both Ferraris performing well.

Weekend to forget for Alpine!

Speaking of Yuki, every time they play the we race as one message and it cuts to him saying nothing like a deer in headlights cracks me up 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Faultless by Max and RB. Pretty faultless by Merc and Lewis too, only thing they could do. Just not quite enough pace. They're so close.

I think Max knew he had it on the first lap when he saw Lewis' car moving more than his own, even with Max running in the dirty air. I'm just happy Perez didn't come into play and they got to fight if out.

Alonso really went to war against Alfa, lol - for nothing, not even points, and then retiring :joy: Must have been really bored, was great entertainment though 😁

Good drives by Ric and George. Not so much by Lando and Bottas.

Dotd: Max

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In a years time I will honestly not be surprised if it came out RB where caught cheating or bending rules….. their pace is so sudden and changeable. It’s like they find extra bhp just for races their chassis doesn’t suit
Lol 😁

It's interesting to see the massive pace difference between RB and AT. And how Max' car regularly and magically finds massive increases even over the other RB, never mind the AT cars.

Compare that to the close running between Merc and customer cars like McL on several occasions this year.

But hey, enough tin foil, lol. It makes for good racing and good entertainment 😁

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Merc felt the effects of Lewis not having a wing man.

Lap one Perez had the overtake on max and backed off. If that had been Bottas then very different race.

Also Perez gave RB ability to force Lewis long.

Know Bottas had penalty etc but it’s hard to overlook his very slow progress through the midfield

KevM

RMS Regular
Of course they'd like to sell another day's tickets, I'm not sure they are considering or care if it actually adds anything to the over-all 'race' though (unless you are Fernando Alonso)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness, there has been talk about tweaking the format.

Have a proper Friday quali for the main race, so no more of the "pole position" mess. And then a stand-alone reverse order sprint for real points on Saturday.

It would probably be a better option than the current format that's a bit meh.

Still can't see the main teams risking cars and engines in the sprint and potentially compromising the main race.

But hey, maybe worth a try.

No idea if any of that will be adopted, I don't think anything is decided yet. Just the usual speculation.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.