F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Lawrence Stroll really is one hell of a business man. Getting that name out there.

Reactions: DC.

Zach57

RMS Regular

ED1BACF4-6F8E-4161-BBC9-35DF62FDFA4C.jpeg

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
…and when you see the price of the Aston Martin F1 team merchandise 😳

and the fact that it looked absolutely crap, the ones they wore at the release looked better

stevyg

RMS Regular
What are people's views on the 2021 cars so far then?

I think the Aston looks pretty good (even if the snippets of their reveal I saw were cringeworthy), and the Alpha Tauri also looks good.

The Haas livery reveal has been the latest one, wonder where the backing for the team is coming from 😂
View attachment 314601
*Soviet anthem intensifies*
One look at that car and it's straight up Russia. Completely against the sporting regs, there's no way they can play dumb with that livery.

The Mercedes car looks a bit meh with the silver coming through. They should have kept it all black or all silver. That Teal, Black, Red & Silver just don't go together.

The AM car looks incredible. Everyone was expecting a more traditional racing green but it's a great looking car with the pink accents for the grid.

Not much has changed with RB, McLaren & AR.

Williams looks good, has an F1 concept car livery look to it.
AT looks very clean with the matte look.
Alpine have a great looking car as well.

It's funny how subtle the differences are in the actual shape of the F1 cars yet the colours make all the difference.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
This been confirmed? The fire suits were uprated for last season, it was the gloves and boots that weren't.... And it was Grosjeans hands and feet that got burnt in that accident.

did you watch the video ?

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
So the Bahrainis are going to vaccinate the whole F1 circus while they are there for testing and the race. Doubt we will see any step in drivers like we did last year then. Considering they only have vaccinated fully less than 20% of the population that’s a very generous offer.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
did you watch the video ?

I did, it's over 3 months old so published in 2020 so when he was referring to the suits being uprated this year I assumed he meant last season and not the one thats due to start in around 2 weeks.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
So the Bahrainis are going to vaccinate the whole F1 circus while they are there for testing and the race. Doubt we will see any step in drivers like we did last year then. Considering they only have vaccinated fully less than 20% of the population that’s a very generous offer.

That was turned down by the F1 lot from what i read last week sometime, said they cant be having special treatment basically

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
That was turned down by the F1 lot from what i read last week sometime, said they cant be having special treatment basically
Really? I read Ferrari had taken them up on their offer. Maybe they have changed their minds. MotoGP have been offered the same by Qatar and some teams are definitely taking it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think the same was done or at least discussed for tennis players and their entourages at the Australian Open? Was a big upset about having them fly in, priority vaccinations, priority quarantine, etc. When Australian citizens still had to queue up for quarantine spots to get home from abroad, and vaccinations were slow.

It doesn't really make sense to do on the spot. It would make sense to do before leaving the country of origin for team members, but organising and enforcing that is night on impossible. And it wouldn't really remove any quarantine restrictions right now because of all the new more aggressive strains and the uncertainty about how effective the current vaccinations are against them.

Just maintaining the F1 bubble like last year seems like both the most effective and the least offensive option right now. Then vaccinations will happen as they happen, as will any lifting of quarantine restrictions, and all the rest of it.

Just an opinion obviously.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.