F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Funny you say about the ROC. We’ve been to a few of them and would have had the tickets that included meeting the drivers beforehand. Schumacher was the only driver that didn’t get involved with it. All the rest of them were happy to chat, take pics and sign autographs whereas he just stayed in his motor home.
Must have been on his moon🤣.

Was 2008 I was there on a VIP thing as a gift from my old employer. He was 100% that year.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I have to disagree with the comments about George Russell. He strikes me as a driven driver and yet looks out for the team, speaking highly of everyone. At one point in the Hungary GP he suggest Lattifi be pitted first as he had more chance of a points finish at the time.

As for media appearances, every driver is trained on how to handle the press and some can appear more natural in front of the camera. I immediately think of how emotional GR got when the Williams team got their first points in Hungary, I wouldn't call that robotic.

On the flip side, to me Lewis has become more introverted in his media interviews, less animated, perhaps his smile more forced I dunno.

I would probably label myself a Lando fan at this point in time but George has really impressed me, not only his racecraft but also how he presents himself.

KevM

RMS Regular
Lando seems relaxed in his role and seems to have a bit of fun doing what he does. Which is a good place to be.

When you start to put pressure on yourself and over-analyse things, it all gets away from you. Look at Valtteri & Danny for example.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I think it’s just different personalities. George seems a bit more posh, well presented and bit reserved etc. Landos personality seems quite different, can’t restrain himself for laughing to tears a lot of the time and could say something before thinking etc 😂 ziggo suggested about going celebrating after the Dutch GP and his media woman had to half explain and usher him on 😂

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
The Schumacher documentary on Netflix is superb.

I am bias being a Schumacher fan since being a nipper.
I really want to watch it, despite being a Hamilton fan, Schumi is my all time favourite driver.

I imagine / hope it won't lessen my view of the man (like the Senna one did).

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I really want to watch it, despite being a Hamilton fan, Schumi is my all time favourite driver.

I imagine / hope it won't lessen my view of the man (like the Senna one did).
It really puts everything back into prospective with a bang, well did for me. Blubling like a baby at times (my family say I have a swinging brick as a heart lol, as I never show emotion but this set me off).

If anything it gives you even more admiration for what he did and how he did it.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
It really puts everything back into prospective with a bang, well did for me. Blubling like a baby at times (my family say I have a swinging brick as a heart lol, as I never show emotion but this set me off).

If anything it gives you even more admiration for what he did and how he did it.
Just at the Imola 94 part so far and absolutely nothing but missing Schumi so far. So I agree.

No mention of Ratzenburger which is a bit weird tbh though!

e320mark

RMS Regular
Slightly off topic, what is the best way to do Silverstone next year? Looking to go as my 12yr old just won’t wait & wants to go, easier to fly or hire a car, parking at circuit etc. Would just be the 2 of us & I would think camping isn’t for him, looking something a bit quieter than the party zone! Where would be the best place to stay etc?

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Slightly off topic, what is the best way to do Silverstone next year? Looking to go as my 12yr old just won’t wait & wants to go, easier to fly or hire a car, parking at circuit etc. Would just be the 2 of us & I would think camping isn’t for him, looking something a bit quieter than the party zone! Where would be the best place to stay etc?

ive found this site useful in the past

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Aston Martin have said Vettel has brought so much to their team in terms of preparation and organisation. His race debriefs can last 2 hours lol!

sam_9n

RMS Regular
D0E020B5-97C8-4D1D-83EF-E405248FA207.jpeg

Davytog

RMS Regular
Drives
GTD

For parking I have used
This is the local village of Silverstone where the PTA organise parking to raise funds. Its only a 20min dander through the village over the A43 and you enter at Luffield.

Top tip for accommodation is to find somewhere north of the circuit (Rugby/Coventry). The traffic on the A43 will be horrendous so use the back roads through Daventry via Weedon. It usually took us 45mins from Rugby into Silverstone village, with no real traffic.

stevyg

RMS Regular
^^Yesssss!^^ Just booked my hotel in Miami before they are all gone.

Verstappen starting from the back on Sunday because of an engine change. Should penalties be carried over if the driver doesn't serve them?

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
They're all added up, he's at the back of the grid. Can't go further back than last.

There was never going to be a good time to take the engine hit for them so might as well do it now.

I don't really think the three place penalty would have made all that much difference anyway, would it?

stevyg

RMS Regular
They're all added up, he's at the back of the grid. Can't go further back than last.

There was never going to be a good time to take the engine hit for them so might as well do it now.

I don't really think the three place penalty would have made all that much difference anyway, would it?
A new engine is automatically a back of the grid start. But if you have an additional penalty for bad behavior, should you get away with it under a new engine penalty or should it be added at the next race for instance?

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I think a new engine is 10 places but they normally replace additional parts at the same time which gives them further penalties to bring them to the back.

stevyg

RMS Regular
It used to be 10 IIRC. Now if you take a whole PU you start at the back. If you take an extra element of the PU outside the allocation you start at the back. Any penalties you get that total over 15 grid positions, you start at the back too.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.