F1 2022

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Conflict of interest for sure. But if Aston are serious they need to find someone better than Lance no matter how good Lawrence thinks he is.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I just hope it works out for him and he finds his way back. A year away from the pressure will probably do him good to be honest.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Listened to Guenther Steiner on Beyond the Grid and he says how much K-Mag has improved as a result of leaving F1 then coming back.

Ricciardo will be hoping for the same as he couldn’t have another year like 2022 again.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I wonder if Aston Martin would ditch Lance Stroll if Alonso absolutely trounces him and then requests a better calibre of teammate? Could they offer Ricciardo a 2024 seat?
With how well Vettel was driving at the end of the year I was hoping that he would stay and we would have Vettel and Alonso at AM for 2023.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
He'll never ditch Lance. And in fairness he makes for a good second driver.

No team wants two strong drivers, that's usually a disaster. Except Mercedes, Toto doesn't seem to mind having two drivers fighting over points 😇 😅

ali619

RMS Regular
Feel as if Riccardo is suffering from Stockholm syndrome by going back to RB, he will not get a seat with them. Perez is far better than he is and is of more use than Ric.

Will be tough for him to come from a reserve position to a full seat when he wants as he will not be of any interest to the main teams

pablo

RMS Moderator
Feel as if Riccardo is suffering from Stockholm syndrome by going back to RB, he will not get a seat with them. Perez is far better than he is and is of more use than Ric.Will be tough for him to come from a reserve position to a full seat when he wants as he will not be of any interest to the main teams
Better than the brew. Stays in F1 gets paid loads and zero pressure.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Feel as if Riccardo is suffering from Stockholm syndrome by going back to RB, he will not get a seat with them. Perez is far better than he is and is of more use than Ric.

Will be tough for him to come from a reserve position to a full seat when he wants as he will not be of any interest to the main teams
Disagree strongly with the idea that Perez is "far better" than Riccardo.

Peak Riccardo is quicker than peak Perez.

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
To give them their dues, the drivers mostly seem to like being with Red Bull long after they finish their careers. Vettel, Webber, Coulthard, Ricciardo, all hanging around and seem happy.

Great parties, tour the world, get paid, drive fast cars. I'd be there in a heartbeat :joy:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
He'll hopefully get them to sponsor some time in some other race series in his gap year 😎

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I'd have given him another year. This years car is very good. With another years development, and seeing what other teams have done, I would expect the 2023 car to be very close to the top again.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I don't think the car was necessarily the issue. A lot of points were thrown away by strategy and mistakes with pitstops. It would have been a much closer championship if not for some of the face-palm moments by ferrari this season.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Long overdue. Ferrari had a mega car first half of the year and with all the RBs DNFs they didn't capitalise on it. Far too many mistakes, their mistakes & strategies have been the laughing stock of F1 all year. Don't think they could have beat RB in the end but they dropped the ball massively just about every race. Rumor is that Leclerc & him haven't spoke to each other since the old finger wagging at Silverstone so there is definitely some background noise going on.
What annoys me most is the lies in F1. Like just don't say anything or say "no comment", wish they would stop lying about things like this. They all do it and never get called out for it.

1669730644834.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
New year, new thread: